One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Last post wins. - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Poppycock (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last post wins. (/showthread.php?tid=89)

RE: Last post wins. - TheQwertiest - 11-28-2012 11:16 PM

(11-28-2012 05:50 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  Seriously, guys? There is another forum to discuss Outwitters. This forum and this thread especially are for other stuff.

One question to the proficient chopsticks-users out there: do you stabilize the lower chopstick with your pinky or do you 'grab' it solely with your ring finger and the groove between your thumb and index finger?

i use my middle, index and thumb.

RE: Last post wins. - CommandConquerer - 11-29-2012 05:38 PM

I've... never thought of it...
Now I think of it, I seem to rest it on my ring finger, but I'd say you only REALLY need your middle, index and thumb to be able to use chopsticks.

Just do whatever feels right. Worked for me ^^

RE: Last post wins. - Hunter - 11-29-2012 05:44 PM

I tried chopsticks once... My uncle ended up in hospital Tongue

RE: Last post wins. - CombatEX - 12-01-2012 09:51 AM

(11-28-2012 05:50 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  Seriously, guys? There is another forum to discuss Outwitters. This forum and this thread especially are for other stuff.

One question to the proficient chopsticks-users out there: do you stabilize the lower chopstick with your pinky or do you 'grab' it solely with your ring finger and the groove between your thumb and index finger?

Wow, considering how I use chopsticks every day, I didn't think it would be so hard to visualize it without actually going to the kitchen and getting some chopsticks o.O

I'm not really sure I'm interpreting your description correctly, but I hold one of them between my thumb and two nearest fingers while the other one rests on my ring finger. The pinky doesn't really do much but it just stays next to the ring finger. I guess it's kind of supporting it.

How about a different question, how do you hold a pencil?

In third grade my handwriting was atrocious, but this one girl told me to try holding my pencil differently. I tried it and my handwriting improved just like that! It was amazing. Now I regret it though because I get really bad hand cramps writing that way for long periods of time (taking notes for example). I hold the pencil really close to the tip so that when I'm writing my middle finger is ~2 mm from the paper. I think most people have the pencil resting on their middle finger but I pinch the pencil between my middle finger, pointer finger and thumb.

RE: Last post wins. - Kamikaze28 - 12-06-2012 09:14 PM

(12-01-2012 09:51 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Wow, considering how I use chopsticks every day, I didn't think it would be so hard to visualize it without actually going to the kitchen and getting some chopsticks o.O

They say eating with chopsticks is mental exercise.

(12-01-2012 09:51 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  I'm not really sure I'm interpreting your description correctly, but I hold one of them between my thumb and two nearest fingers while the other one rests on my ring finger. The pinky doesn't really do much but it just stays next to the ring finger. I guess it's kind of supporting it.

This is how I hold and use chopsticks:

[Image: Chopsticks.jpg]
Notice my pinky is touching the lower chopstick together with my ring finger. Keep in mind, I'm european and more of a hobby-chopsticks-user so there's the possibility I learned it all wrong.

(12-01-2012 09:51 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  How about a different question, how do you hold a pencil?

Like this:

[Image: pen.jpg]

RE: Last post wins. - GoHeat 3 - 12-07-2012 12:35 PM

I find chopsticks extremely difficult to use! I've tried using them once and gave up!Tongue

RE: Last post wins. - Necrocat219 - 12-12-2012 06:19 AM

Awesome video game music - Doll Judgement http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVwstM4vZC8

RE: Last post wins. - Bluegodzill - 12-12-2012 12:38 PM

Wow, goheat 3 ALMOST won

RE: Last post wins. - GoHeat 3 - 12-12-2012 12:41 PM

(12-12-2012 12:38 PM)Bluegodzill Wrote:  Wow, goheat 3 ALMOST won

5 days! Not bad.Tongue

RE: Last post wins. - Willythewile - 12-12-2012 10:33 PM

(06-23-2012 05:41 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  This hopefully is the calm before the storm - a.k.a. the long-anticipated release of Outwitters.

Hmmmm, clams. Oops, you said "calm" not clams, sorry. Never mind, my bad.