One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Last post wins. - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Poppycock (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last post wins. (/showthread.php?tid=89)

RE: Last post wins. - TheQwertiest - 10-08-2012 02:00 PM

new topic: has anyone here experienced sleep paralysis?

RE: Last post wins. - Demon - 10-08-2012 03:04 PM

I frequently experience insomnia, does that count?
I don't even. This thread.

RE: Last post wins. - TheQwertiest - 10-08-2012 03:07 PM

(10-08-2012 03:04 PM)Demonwind66 Wrote:  I frequently experience insomnia, does that count?
I don't even. This thread.

i think insomnia is connected with sleep paralysis. do you know what sleep paralysis is?

RE: Last post wins. - Demon - 10-08-2012 03:51 PM

Do you what the what when you when?
I thought not.
Sleep paralysis occurs when your REM cycle is disrupted (your entire body is paralyzed besides your eyes to prevent injury, since this is when you dream).If you never sleep (true insomnia) you can't experience this. It usually is experienced when you wake in the middle of the night, though, since you have no memory for 2 to 7 seconds after waking, you may never remember it at all.
It's 2 am I think I should sleep.

RE: Last post wins. - TheQwertiest - 10-08-2012 04:30 PM

(10-08-2012 03:51 PM)Demonwind66 Wrote:  Do you what the what when you when?
I thought not.
Sleep paralysis occurs when your REM cycle is disrupted (your entire body is paralyzed besides your eyes to prevent injury, since this is when you dream).If you never sleep (true insomnia) you can't experience this. It usually is experienced when you wake in the middle of the night, though, since you have no memory for 2 to 7 seconds after waking, you may never remember it at all.

do you know what sleep paralysis is? *
im sorry. its because i use my ipad for foruming and my hands cant keep up with what im thinking cause i type really slow here.

RE: Last post wins. - Demon - 10-09-2012 01:02 AM

(10-08-2012 04:30 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(10-08-2012 03:51 PM)Demonwind66 Wrote:  Do you what the what when you when?
I thought not.

do you know what sleep paralysis is? *
im sorry. its because i use my ipad for foruming and my hands cant keep up with what im thinking cause i type really slow here.
Never mind, I'm really rude when I'm tired.

RE: Last post wins. - TheQwertiest - 10-09-2012 01:18 AM

its fine

RE: Last post wins. - pookywb - 10-09-2012 09:18 AM

I had sleep paralysis once.

RE: Last post wins. - TheQwertiest - 10-09-2012 10:59 AM

(10-09-2012 09:18 AM)pookywb Wrote:  I had sleep paralysis once.

how was it? what did you feel?

RE: Last post wins. - pookywb - 10-09-2012 11:38 AM

I kinda got confused, thought I was floating above my bed.

I realized later that the combination of odd head positioning, bleary eyes and the confusion of just waking up made me interpret looking down from my lofted bed to mean that I was floating. I couldn't move for a while, either. It didn't really alarm me though, cause I didn't really care to move. I was just content to "float" there.

It was kind of an interesting mix between sleep paralysis and an out-of-body experience. Makes me wonder if they're effectively the same thing.