One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Last post wins. - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Poppycock (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last post wins. (/showthread.php?tid=89)

RE: Last post wins. - TheGreatAnt - 01-18-2014 01:10 PM

I like the things that involve tricks whether it be skiing, snowboarding, or figure skating. Not only does it require athleticism, but it requires skill to be able to pull them off.

RE: Last post wins. - spacechef - 01-18-2014 02:05 PM

As a skateboarder and snowboarder, I find the restrictions of competitive figure skating suffocating. Why the ban on backflips, and yet it's okay to throw your partner into a quadruple spin? (Cuncussion anyone?) Why must tricks be landed on one foot? I'm not necessarily criticizing, just asking and making for debate.

RE: Last post wins. - TheGreatAnt - 01-18-2014 04:35 PM

People are always trying to make sports "safer" but the problem is that they usually restrict creative when it comes to sports like figure skating.

Like the NFL is always coming up with more rules on how you can hit someone, but that kind of make sense because even still, so many people get injured.

For creative sports, why not let people gain the skill to be creative? It would be like telling a gymnast that they can't climb higher than two people on top of each other. Just ridiculous and creative restricting.

RE: Last post wins. - jchris98 - 01-19-2014 02:41 AM

I hate the rules on hitting players in the head in the NFL. Ask any player in the nfl if they would rather be hit in the head or the knee and every player will tell you the head.

RE: Last post wins. - TheGreatAnt - 01-19-2014 03:51 PM

(01-19-2014 02:41 AM)jchris98 Wrote:  I hate the rules on hitting players in the head in the NFL. Ask any player in the nfl if they would rather be hit in the head or the knee and every player will tell you the head.
How many players in the NFL have you asked?

RE: Last post wins. - jchris98 - 01-20-2014 03:30 AM

(01-19-2014 03:51 PM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  
(01-19-2014 02:41 AM)jchris98 Wrote:  I hate the rules on hitting players in the head in the NFL. Ask any player in the nfl if they would rather be hit in the head or the knee and every player will tell you the head.
How many players in the NFL have you asked?

Just watching sportscenter, DBs hate the rule. WRs have said that they don't make money with their head, they make money with their legs. Looking just at this season, Randall Cobb got his knee destroyed on a low hit. He ended up tearing his ACL and some other ligaments. Hits to the legs and knees are far more dangerous than hits to the head.

RE: Last post wins. - spacechef - 01-20-2014 05:10 AM

It seems there were too many concussions happening. But by making high hits illegal, resulting in penalties and even fines, the NFL has made the knees the go to area to take players down. I'd imagine we could see another rule change by next season, but who knows.

RE: Last post wins. - jchris98 - 01-20-2014 06:58 AM

This is all because of the lawsuit former players had against the NFL. I think the NFL should just have players sign a waiver stating that they know the risk of concussions and keep playing the way they had been.

RE: Last post wins. - Chemoeum - 01-28-2014 06:08 AM

you wont win

RE: Last post wins. - jchris98 - 01-28-2014 06:56 AM

Banned for not having apostrophes.