One Man Left Studios Community Forums
2v2 Random OPEN -- let's try again. - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 2v2 Random OPEN -- let's try again. (/showthread.php?tid=776)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: 2v2 Random OPEN -- First Qualifier Starting December 1st! - Ser Purple Wolf - 11-29-2012 11:08 AM

(11-29-2012 07:30 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  Here's your details group SPF:

P1 P3 P2 P4

Ryzuma Bullfreg TheBarrow SerPurpleWolf
SerPurpleWolf TheBarrow Bullfreg Ryzuma
Bullfreg SerPurpleWolf Ryzuma TheBarrow
TheBarrow Ryzuma SerPurpleWolf Bullfreg

So the game you'll start will be you and TheBarrow vs. the other two, make sure you get the P2 and P4 slots right.

Now I have to go back and read about this fifth game stuff...
(11-29-2012 02:42 AM)Gfich Wrote:  Each round consists out of a best of 5 with your direct opponent. Every competitor is paired to one opponent, and each pair is paired to another pair to make matches. Games 1-4 are seeded with fixed teammates, turn order and maps:

Round 1: Candy Core Mine
Round 2: Machination
Round 3: Acrospire

Game 5 is a tiebreaker. Of each bracket, the lower seeded one is selected, and one of them is randomly picked to choose a teammate. He will start as P2, and is already filled in on the match details. Map will be Blitz Beach for the full qualifiers.

IMPORTANT!!!
If you are chosen to pick a teammate, please make a decision soon!
The 5th game is played at the same time as the other games!

Alright, I think I get it now, so the person selected for the 5th game partner selection in my group is Ferizoli, so he picks a partner nowish and then I start the 5th game with the other person as my partner, and Ferizoli as P3 right?

Also, are we playing all games on candy core mine or blitz beach? There seems to be conflicting direction on this.

Oh! We have to play five matches!!! Holy cow this will take ages. :/

RE: 2v2 Random OPEN -- First Qualifier Starting December 1st! - laYahooz - 11-29-2012 11:21 AM

(11-29-2012 10:34 AM)FancyxSloth Wrote:  So we are going to be with the same people in all of our qualification matches?

No. im just gonna explain everything because i dont think your getting it Wink

I will use me as an example. For my first game I play Bad Herr day. My group has Bad Herr Day, Azzy, P1noyboy, and the epic pro laYahooz.

So I play Bad Herr Day and Azzy plays P1noy boy hence the teams are
Azzy and laYahooz vs Bad Herr Day and P1noyboy
laYahooz and P1noyboy vs Bad Herr Day and Azzy
And I have 2 games with each teammate (Azzy and p1noyboy) so that we get turns in getting first turn.
There is also a 5th game in which I may choose to have either P1noyboy or Azzy on my team to defeat Badd Herr Day. I will choose which partner I think is better.
This 5th game exist since its obviously best out of 5. I get to choose my partner and go first since my name is at the bottom of the details tab in my group (in other words, I'm the worst at 2v2 in the group)
As you can see, I'm never on Badd Herr Days team since he's my matchup. And P1noyboy is never on Azzys team because that's his matchup.

So after that round, assuming I beat Badd Herr Day by winning more games than he did, I go on to my next matchup and therefore I'm with DIFFERENT people.
Just study the tournament qualifier Gfich made, it really does show it perfectly

RE: 2v2 Random OPEN -- First Qualifier Starting December 1st! - FancyxSloth - 11-29-2012 03:04 PM

(11-29-2012 11:21 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  
(11-29-2012 10:34 AM)FancyxSloth Wrote:  So we are going to be with the same people in all of our qualification matches?

No. im just gonna explain everything because i dont think your getting it Wink

I will use me as an example. For my first game I play Bad Herr day. My group has Bad Herr Day, Azzy, P1noyboy, and the epic pro laYahooz.

So I play Bad Herr Day and Azzy plays P1noy boy hence the teams are
Azzy and laYahooz vs Bad Herr Day and P1noyboy
laYahooz and P1noyboy vs Bad Herr Day and Azzy
And I have 2 games with each teammate (Azzy and p1noyboy) so that we get turns in getting first turn.
There is also a 5th game in which I may choose to have either P1noyboy or Azzy on my team to defeat Badd Herr Day. I will choose which partner I think is better.
This 5th game exist since its obviously best out of 5. I get to choose my partner and go first since my name is at the bottom of the details tab in my group (in other words, I'm the worst at 2v2 in the group)
As you can see, I'm never on Badd Herr Days team since he's my matchup. And P1noyboy is never on Azzys team because that's his matchup.

So after that round, assuming I beat Badd Herr Day by winning more games than he did, I go on to my next matchup and therefore I'm with DIFFERENT people.
Just study the tournament qualifier Gfich made, it really does show it perfectly

When I asked if we'd be with the same people, I wa asking about the qualification rounds. I know that we will be going against different people after those 5 rounds. Thanks for all the info though. What I don't get are the "match ups" and how I'm supposed to go about starting the match with these other people correctly.

RE: 2v2 Random OPEN -- First Qualifier Starting December 1st! - laYahooz - 11-29-2012 03:29 PM

Fancy, matchups are really easy to start. It is p1 responsibility to start a match since he goes first.
So me as an example:
When I am P1 I invite all the people in my group by going to friendly game, then create a 2v2.
I invite azzy on my team and place Badd Herr Day and P1 oyboy on the other team. When the game starts, I'd reccomend telling people in chat to invite you guys to the game in which they are p1.

I think you will get it once your invited to your matches so don't stress it

RE: 2v2 Random OPEN -- First Qualifier Starting December 1st! - FancyxSloth - 11-29-2012 03:31 PM

(11-29-2012 03:29 PM)laYahooz Wrote:  Fancy, matchups are really easy to start. It is p1 responsibility to start a match since he goes first.
So me as an example:
When I am P1 I invite all the people in my group by going to friendly game, then create a 2v2.
I invite azzy on my team and place Badd Herr Day and P1 oyboy on the other team. When the game starts, I'd reccomend telling people in chat to invite you guys to the game in which they are p1.

I think you will get it once your invited to your matches so don't stress it

Alright, thanks! (: All I need to know now is what map we must do.. Isn't it Candy Core Mine?

RE: 2v2 Random OPEN -- First Qualifier Starting December 1st! - aaronINdayton - 11-29-2012 11:23 PM

I think all the games this round are CCM, I don't know what that blitz beach comment is referring to...

RE: 2v2 Random OPEN -- First Qualifier Starting December 1st! - Gf!sh - 11-30-2012 02:34 AM

Allright, to clear things up a bit:

LaYahooz is completely correct about what he said, besides one thing: the fact that he may choose a teammate on his fifth game doesn't mean he's 'worse out of the four' (let's avoid that term from now on, because the being better/worse than sombody will be decided in the tournament). I used following procedure:
Of both brackets, the lower seeded competitor is taken, and a coin is flipped to decide who of the two may pick a teammate. LaYahooz being able to choose a teammate merely indicates that he's lower seeded than Bad Herr Day and the coin landed obverse/heads (well, not really, i used http://random.org).

Regarding maps: the games 1-4 (the ones already filled in completely) will be played on Candy Core Mine, and the fifth game (the one with the darker shade) will be played on Blitz Beach! The games 1-4 of the second round will be played on Machination, and that 5th game also on Blitz Beach.

RE: 2v2 Random OPEN -- First Qualifier Starting December 1st! - aaronINdayton - 11-30-2012 03:55 AM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, thanks Gfich!

Except LaYahooz doesn't start the 5th game does he? The directions say he picks a partner and is P2, they dont' say who P1 is, would it be his direct match-up opponent Bad Herr?

RE: 2v2 Random OPEN -- First Qualifier Starting December 1st! - laYahooz - 11-30-2012 04:05 AM

(11-30-2012 03:55 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, thanks Gfich!

Except LaYahooz doesn't start the 5th game does he? The directions say he picks a partner and is P2, they dont' say who P1 is, would it be his direct match-up opponent Bad Herr?

Good point. So yeah it must be Bad Herr Day who starts it becaus ei can choose either of the other two as partners for game 5.

RE: 2v2 Random OPEN -- First Qualifier Starting December 1st! - Gf!sh - 11-30-2012 04:07 AM

Yes, that's true. I might want to update the spreadsheet to include that.