One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML (/showthread.php?tid=732)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - TheQwertiest - 11-26-2012 03:16 PM

(11-26-2012 03:10 PM)WeiWei Wrote:  Can't OML put a 1 dollar cost on the game now? They do have a large player base and it'll continue to gain support. I know a lot of people who would for a dollar after they see it.

Additionally, I think OML should create a YouTube channel for the best replay and marriage through the game play. Get the game more popular.

i think thats a great idea. like what wodota does for dota replays. maybe a top 10 monthly or top 3 weekly.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - WeiWei - 11-26-2012 03:35 PM

(11-26-2012 03:16 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(11-26-2012 03:10 PM)WeiWei Wrote:  Can't OML put a 1 dollar cost on the game now? They do have a large player base and it'll continue to gain support. I know a lot of people who would for a dollar after they see it.

Additionally, I think OML should create a YouTube channel for the best replay and marriage through the game play. Get the game more popular.

i think thats a great idea. like what wodota does for dota replays. maybe a top 10 monthly or top 3 weekly.

FYI, that wasn't suppose to say marriage. Stupid autocorrect. Narrate.*

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - TheQwertiest - 11-26-2012 03:39 PM

(11-26-2012 03:35 PM)WeiWei Wrote:  
(11-26-2012 03:16 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  

FYI, that wasn't suppose to say marriage. Stupid autocorrect. Narrate.*
i didnt notice. haha

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Thrutchy - 11-27-2012 03:38 AM

Here are some ideas:

1. Free game only allows a limited number network games. I think this should be both friendly and league, but not pass-n-play. This limit needs to be enough to get a person hooked. League play is probably an important aspect of getting someone hooked. With current match-making, I'm guessing about 50 games is sufficient.
2. Improve match-making so that every player meets their "equal" in the fewest games. A player consistently winning or losing is not a way to keep their interest. This also would allow the game limit to be reduced for the #1 idea.
3. To go with #1, make players pay after each N network games. Each game has a server cost associated with it, so it can be justified that way. Let the addicts pay as they play. Something on the base could be associated with how many games someone has purchased. Each base and probably increasing the game limit should come with games.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Appleisaac - 11-27-2012 05:27 AM

I love the icon. It was one of the reasons I decided to try it out. I think it's eye catching and has a nice shape to it.

Ads are a huge turn off to new players. The menus in this game are beutiful, and it would be very sad to cloud them up with ugly ads. Ads do generate profit, but I know that when I download a free app, and the first things I see are ads, I'm tempted to delete right away.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - sam dicruj - 12-31-2012 05:33 PM

The masses just don't want to play strategy games and many that do, don't want to play against other people. I've talked to many app junkies that get excited when I tell them about one of the best games I've come across, only to be let down when I tell them they have to play against other humans and not a computer. With all the crap making money out there.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - spacechef - 12-31-2012 08:02 PM

Yowza, just read through this entire thread! Some ideas that stick out to me are:

Puzzles - release a puzzle pack. You have one move to win, how do you do it? Releasing premade puzzles wouldn't require developing an AI, and would add some additional fun to us Outwitters addicts.

Merchandise - This can be tricky, as there's an upfront cost with no guarantee of return on investment. But perhaps preorders or a Kickstarter campaign would work.

Timers or live matches - the timer idea for quicker games would be great. I think the chess clock idea is best. One problem would be lag on older models or a bad Internet connection. Also, a game called Writer Rumble is somehow doing live matches. Not sure if this would be more difficult for Outwitters, but it'd be a great feature.

Continue giving us dedicated players ways to spend our money, while reaching out to new players also. I initially bought the über pack when the game was released, and now have purchased the new bases and game limit increase.
Also, as far as people not taking there turns, how about a nudge button, as many asynchronous games have implemented. I've got people to take there turns, miraculously, through the in game chat, but the ability to send a push notification, just might light a firecracker under their...

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - knighthalo123 - 01-01-2013 07:53 AM

Maybe seperate leagues for free and paid members? And possibly a weekly tournament that gives the winner some points for ranking? Or possibly a store system to unlock customizables like tf2. These kinds of things appeal to the hardcore gamers. ALSO IMPORTANT: CHALLENGES, add challenges to engage new players Big Grin something like achievments and once u accomplish one, get a reward of some sort.

For revenue: make outwitters paid with occasional free days during holidays or whenever u feel like it. If worse comes to worse put ads, BUT NOT IN GAMEPLAY automatic turn off, put it in the menu somewhere on the top or bottom.

These are my ideas, people are entitled to their opinion and ideas, so please don't bad mouth.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Qwerty - 01-02-2013 06:22 AM

Maybe for$0.99 we would get our hidden skill ranking for you and every opponent you face ?
Also the reason the outwitters team haven't made a single player mode is because it would cost way to much time + money to make all the variables and difficulty for outwitters .

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - knighthalo123 - 01-02-2013 07:57 AM

(01-02-2013 06:22 AM)Qwerty Wrote:  Maybe for$0.99 we would get our hidden skill ranking for you and every opponent you face ?
Also the reason the outwitters team haven't made a single player mode is because it would cost way to much time + money to make all the variables and difficulty for outwitters .

I second this.