One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML (/showthread.php?tid=732)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - CombatEX - 11-01-2012 03:45 AM

Yea. It still gets me that free players can play league. I understand that at first you need enough players to make the system work, but now that there is an established player base, I don't see why free players can play league... for free. Any free player who likes the game enough that they're still playing league should be willing to pay for it. If OML makes this change, some people might get upset and quit, but these are the people who would never have purchased the game. The rest of the free players who have been holding off? They'll buy it.

Perhaps as you said though, you could give them a 50 game trial for league. That didn't occur to me but it would be a nice compromise. And, you can keep passnplay and even unranked free for an unlimited number of games. That's already extremely generous. You can play as much as you want against players all over the world for free, you just don't have access to matchmaking unless you're willing to give OML the money they deserve.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Gf!sh - 11-01-2012 04:23 AM

Witters Digest Wrote:We know, you are mad, but it only takes $2.79 not to be mad anymore.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - joelduque - 11-01-2012 04:25 AM

You throw in anything that is worthy of the cost you are going to charge, I will most probably buy. Good luck. The game remains continues to be wonderful. Thank you. I hope I could help monetary-wise and otherwise. I have bought all that can be bought at the moment. Honestly, 35 games on-going games with active players is a lot to handle and I am barely surviving. Maybe there is an expert consultant for marketing purposes who would offer his services. I am not one. You need to seriously revise your description on the app store, put advertisement on other games to yours, and change the abstract icon. I personally think the Adorables soldier would do great. Or maybe a fork...

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Jacs9 - 11-03-2012 12:15 PM

Loyal Player Recognition

This is not a long term solution but a short term instant revenue boost.
Introduce a Loyal Player donation scheme. Under the purchase segment, give us the option of making a one time donation. OML can decide on the donation amount. Perhaps give 3 options. Bronze donor, silver donor, gold donor. Once the donation is made, perhaps we can be recognised by having a bronze silver or gold logo besides our name in the league ranking lists.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Sasquatch - 11-03-2012 12:23 PM

I would totally buy a t-shirt and nerd it up at school

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Luckymori - 11-03-2012 09:41 PM

Hey,
I haven't had time to read through everything on this thread, but here are some ideas that I thought of before/that I liked when I read them.

1. A new game mode pack. This would be a huge leap forward because it would open up countless new possibilities. All you'd have to do is change game parameters and consider balancing. 15-30 min/turn games would rock my world.

2. Overlays and extra 'novelty' items. At you could sell team skins/costume packs, customize the look of your menu and change the look of your leaderboard name etc.

3. Donations

(Just came up with this)

4. Pay to reset your game stats. (Hear me out here). Many players started ranked matches very early and ended up getting ranked lower than they should. This causes frustration in the player. So what if, for $0.99 (the first time) or $1.99 (any subsequent resets) you could reset your stats and start five new placement matches. I know a lot of fluffies and clevers would pay to do that.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Spikeywan - 11-05-2012 08:14 AM

Putting adverts in the free version would be a good idea.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Gf!sh - 11-06-2012 01:15 AM

A few suggestions:

Bombshell purchasable ($0.99)

Free riders will not have access to the bombshell, and will have to throw in (at least) a dollar to do so. This will probaly not raise the game limit.

Uber pack raise to $8.99 (?).

Also, i strongly support raising a entrance fee for League plays

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - joelduque - 11-06-2012 01:20 AM

Just keep doing what you do best and what's important, keep improving this quality and fun game. Money will eventually come, I just hope it would be just in time. Smile

(11-03-2012 09:41 PM)Luckymori Wrote:  Hey,
I haven't had time to read through everything on this thread, but here are some ideas that I thought of before/that I liked when I read them.

1. A new game mode pack. This would be a huge leap forward because it would open up countless new possibilities. All you'd have to do is change game parameters and consider balancing. 15-30 min/turn games would rock my world.

It would rock mine too. A fast open elimination-type tournament mode for 1v1 would be feasible, don't know what would be sweet max time allowed before timeout. As said above, 15-30 min/turn seems to be a good start.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - CombatEX - 11-06-2012 07:10 PM

Well, this is a post I made on page 3 regarding speed games.

(10-14-2012 04:49 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  I advise against 30 min turn 'speed' games. If you want a speed game the turn limit has to be more on the order of 2 min. Why? It's easy enough to set aside something like an hour for a game which is pretty much guaranteed with a 2 min turn game (chess clock mode would be even better though, see below). 30 min turn games on the other hand can drag on for something like 5 hours even if you take your turn quickly every time. Let's say you average 1 turn per 2 min, but your opponent decides to take their turn once every 20 min. Then a 30 turn game would take over 5 hours. Not to mention games can even go up to things like 50-60 turns so even if you both take reasonable turns, once every 5 min, the game would still take a long time. Since this is a speed mode if you ever have to go away for more than 30 minutes throughout this 5 hour period... well too bad. You lose.

Instead I would suggest you change the 'Speed Mode' to something more akin to speed chess. Maybe give each player a 1 hour clock. This serves the duel benefit of guaranteeing a hard limit to the amount of time a game can take and also allowing a player to take a semi-prolonged break to go do something if they've been good about playing quickly during their other turns.

If you check Ravernoth's initial post (first post in this thread), he has the Speed Mode suggestion in there. This would certainly be a fun addition to the game. Want to play Outwitters for an hour? Well with each player given a half hour clock you're guaranteed not to go over your time limit and also get to play a more regularly paced Outwitters match if you're so inclined. A 15 minute per player clock would also be nice.