One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML (/showthread.php?tid=732)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Mag!cGuy - 07-04-2013 06:55 PM

Chicochi, this is a turn based game, obliging player to play their turn at a maximum of 24 hours IS stupid. A lot of outwitters player have busy days and can't afford to play the game this often, particulary all 15 minutes: you really want players to be everytime in front of their ipad/iphone?
Outwitters is a game you play when you have turns to make, and once they are done, go outside, play another game, I don't know, but it's not a game made to sit and play it for two hours continuously. You can't ask players to be constently able to send their turn, we have a life, we can't be online and up to make our turn everytime. Maybe you can, but it's not the case for most people, so respect it or stop to play this game. It's turn based strategy game, not real time strategy game like starcraft. Either you didn't understand the purpose of that kind of game, either you ask outwitters simply to change of gameplay core, which is nonsense.

By the way, don't generalize your opinion: you're the only one wanting such a short deadline. Everyone is fine with this format, or maybe some want a 3days deadline, but surely not a one day one. Don't come here expressing your opinion as if you talk for all other players. Standing in front of the game for hours is not the purpose of outwitters, it's like that. It's not "obvious", that's your only opinion, and it's not the cause of the lack of payment- or if it is, that's because they don't like turn based game, not because they expected a turn based game not to be a turn based game.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - ChiCoChi - 07-04-2013 07:11 PM

free players get time limit. makes the playerbase more active. pay two bucks and you get bigger time limit or no time limit. makes sense to me?

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Mag!cGuy - 07-04-2013 07:18 PM

This would be more reasonable Smile But, maybe you don't know, there won't be any new update for outwitters for the moment since alex and adam are fully working on tilt to live 2!

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - ChiCoChi - 07-04-2013 07:23 PM

shame, this is a strategic gem that would benefit from regular updates and a community that didnt freeload. Their profit margin return is terrible but i think its because they turn off players with the queues.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - nezoshins - 07-04-2013 08:44 PM

(07-04-2013 07:23 PM)ChiCoChi Wrote:  shame, this is a strategic gem that would benefit from regular updates and a community that didnt freeload. Their profit margin return is terrible but i think its because they turn off players with the queues.

This game is like chess, chess usually take an hour or so. So to me queues can't be avoided

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - [PETA] Doodat - 07-05-2013 12:30 AM

Another thing is that if you queue up multiple times at the same time, you'll be playing people in the time zone you queued up. So if you queue up at different times of the day, you'll play at different times. But how do other people feel when you're asleep?

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - TheGoldenGriffin - 07-05-2013 12:47 AM

If the game had a fifteen minute time limit, then a 20 turn game would require playing the game over an hour straight.
Assuming the player plays within 5 minutes

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - ChiCoChi - 07-07-2013 10:26 PM

(07-05-2013 12:30 AM)Doodat Wrote:  Another thing is that if you queue up multiple times at the same time, you'll be playing people in the time zone you queued up. So if you queue up at different times of the day, you'll play at different times. But how do other people feel when you're asleep?

i dont sleep for four days... 6 to 8 hours suits me fine.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - TheQwertiest - 07-07-2013 11:01 PM

(07-07-2013 10:26 PM)ChiCoChi Wrote:  
(07-05-2013 12:30 AM)Doodat Wrote:  Another thing is that if you queue up multiple times at the same time, you'll be playing people in the time zone you queued up. So if you queue up at different times of the day, you'll play at different times. But how do other people feel when you're asleep?

that cant be healthy..

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - ChiCoChi - 07-07-2013 11:12 PM

(07-07-2013 11:01 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 10:26 PM)ChiCoChi Wrote:  

that cant be healthy..

hmm.. 6 to 8 hours per night instead of 4 days OF sleep. My poor writing lead to the misinterpretation.

I was referring to the 16 inactives on my list, 10 of which are on four days. Luckily the rest of my list is more or less active.