One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML (/showthread.php?tid=732)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - freerodo - 02-28-2013 04:01 AM

I just checked out the "TOP APPS BY INCOME" (translating it from Spanish), and Outwitters doesn't show in the top 200!

Jetpack Joyride is # 148! Its replay value is a joke compared to OW... well, I might be biased. Wink

I'm starting to worry about the future of this app! Are Adam and Alex able to cover the monthly costs???

I have made several purchases and will continue doing so to support... but if not enough people do this on a monthly basis, this doesn't look good. Sad

EDIT:
As far as the actual TOPIC, they should have charged a buck after coming out as Apple's App of the Week, and any future installments (OW2?) should cost $1-2.

As far as the present situation, aside from the current IAP offerings, I think a subscription model could help ($1-2 per month) - those of us who play the game more would help cover monthly expenses. Maybe "force" a subscription for players to rise above FLUFFY LEAGUE for instance.

They probably wouldn't want to "force" anything - so just allow us a subscription option IAP to help support!

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - worldfamous - 02-28-2013 04:23 AM

I have to imagine things have improved somewhat. I know I have convinced at least 4 people to download the app and they all bought the uber pack. One of those 4 convinced 6 or 7 of his friends to do the same. I'm guessing many of you have similar stories. I'd love to hear an update.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - TheQwertiest - 02-28-2013 04:25 AM

I tried but most of the people i know that would possibly be interested in outwitters are using android devices

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Gf!sh - 02-28-2013 04:44 AM

Same with me bro.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - TheQwertiest - 02-28-2013 04:47 AM

(02-28-2013 04:44 AM)Gfich Wrote:  Same with me bro.

Im downloading outwitters on my cousins ipad right now. And ill invite him to friendlies from time 2 time hoping to get him hooked.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - GoHeat 3 - 02-28-2013 04:49 AM

(02-28-2013 04:47 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(02-28-2013 04:44 AM)Gfich Wrote:  Same with me bro.

Im downloading outwitters on my cousins ipad right now. And ill invite him to friendlies from time 2 time hoping to get him hooked.
Play fast turns!

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - TheQwertiest - 02-28-2013 05:01 AM

Of course. I think thats one of the main reasons people get turned off from playing

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - worldfamous - 02-28-2013 08:28 AM

(02-28-2013 05:01 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  Of course. I think thats one of the main reasons people get turned off from playing

Yeah, there seems to be this false expectation that the game is live and when you start one, the other player is at his/her device ready to play the game through. I have started multiple random friendlies where I'm P2 and the chat box already says something like, "c'mon already", and they never take turn 3.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - freerodo - 02-28-2013 08:56 AM

(02-28-2013 04:47 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  Im downloading outwitters on my cousins ipad right now. And ill invite him to friendlies from time 2 time hoping to get him hooked.

Let him win! Big Grin
(02-28-2013 04:23 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  I have to imagine things have improved somewhat. I know I have convinced at least 4 people to download the app and they all bought the uber pack. One of those 4 convinced 6 or 7 of his friends to do the same. I'm guessing many of you have similar stories. I'd love to hear an update.

I'm in the process of getting 2 cousins hooked as well.

Grassroots movement?

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Kemkyrk - 03-03-2013 03:08 AM

What a surprise to see that this wonderful app is not doing any benefit ! I'm thinking about buying new packs (even if I already spend 6$ for this game, what is ridiculously low for a game, but it's still the iOS game I spent the most money in)
I think it's a bad idea to pass this application in the paying category. Why did most of the players download this game ? Because it is free to play ! I wouldn't have downloaded this app if it was a paying app. I hate games which have advertisements every ten seconds, I delete immediately the app if I see an advertise.
The best idea is to block the number of games to 10. This would "force" people to buy a pack. To include the forum in the app is a great idea too, this would keep new players.
The biggest problem is in the attractiveness of the app. The icon is not enough explicit and the description is not catchy. And it would maybe good to do some advertise for this app (in one of the section of the app store for example).
The final goal would be to develop this app for the android market too, but it's just impossible with the benefits realized on the iOS version !

It's incredible to see that an app with a T-Rex who repeats what you say make huge benefits whereas an awesome, beautiful with a wonderful soundtrack game do losses...