One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML (/showthread.php?tid=732)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - TheGoldenGriffin - 02-15-2013 08:54 AM

I posted this in another thread.

(01-26-2013 02:06 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Outwitters needs something that someone can buy over and over again because one person can spend at most like $14 on this game right now and not everybody buys and all you really need is the über pack so their not really profiting.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Norahsul - 02-16-2013 05:09 AM

Hi Ravernoth
do you know if onealexleft or oneadamleft looks at this and consider in their next update?
i think some are fairly good idea and easy to implement.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - TheGense - 02-20-2013 08:20 AM

I would totally pay £2-3 per month for this game. Especially if it's voluntary.
Tell me how I can set up a regular payment, and I'll do it straight away.
I don't even want anything for it, because if you make some premium feature, you alienate the vast majority of your players, and I don't want to win more games just because I pay. I just want to support this, and see it carry on, and it'd still be a heck of a lot cheaper than any club or class that I could take.

The Ice Hockey team I support did this once, they set up a 'booster club' for fans to donate money to the team, and the extra revenue from the 30 or so people that joined paid for a new import that was the best player I've even seen in the flesh!!

(£3 is about $4.50)

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - ElPared - 02-20-2013 08:24 AM

yeah, we could just set up a PayPal donation page to support OML...

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Wildt4lon - 02-20-2013 08:38 AM

I don't think that anything should be changed on the marketing revenue side of things. The one thing that makes me love Outwitters is how it doesn't have ads or anything too annoying to persuade people to buy things. No ads, no limited time, no exceptions in the actual gameplay rules, no persuasive 'like this app? Please rate it!'
The stuff you might want to buy in the store is not at outrageous prices. So this is the only (I repeat, only) app that I have paid any money to. Entirely because I think OML are not only into making money but also a good game.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - connor34911 - 02-20-2013 08:55 AM

(02-20-2013 08:38 AM)Wildtalon1851 Wrote:  I don't think that anything should be changed on the marketing revenue side of things. The one thing that makes me love Outwitters is how it doesn't have ads or anything too annoying to persuade people to buy things. No ads, no limited time, no exceptions in the actual gameplay rules, no persuasive 'like this app? Please rate it!'
The stuff you might want to buy in the store is not at outrageous prices. So this is the only (I repeat, only) app that I have paid any money to. Entirely because I think OML are not only into making money but also a good game.

Yeah the issue is they're losing money now. Or at least they were when that article came out.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Ryzuma - 02-20-2013 02:42 PM

Why not set up something on the forums where you could donate. That way all the dedicated people will see it and those that just play the app won't be affected. Even just $1 from everyone here a month would be good for OML while at the same time it's nothing for us. I like this game and don't want to see it go because of funding. I'd be willing to pay like $5 a month

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - ElPared - 02-20-2013 03:19 PM

(02-20-2013 02:42 PM)Ryzuma Wrote:  Why not set up something on the forums where you could donate. That way all the dedicated people will see it and those that just play the app won't be affected. Even just $1 from everyone here a month would be good for OML while at the same time it's nothing for us. I like this game and don't want to see it go because of funding. I'd be willing to pay like $5 a month

(02-20-2013 08:24 AM)ElPared Wrote:  yeah, we could just set up a PayPal donation page to support OML...

it's a good idea and pretty easy to implement Wink

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - TheGense - 02-27-2013 04:32 PM

Has anyone messaged OML about this?

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - TheQwertiest - 02-27-2013 04:44 PM

Link
the veggienauts soundtrack has "name your price" unlike the other tracks. it might be a mistake so we should take advantage of it while its still there?
buy it for the amount you want to donate.

^
(02-20-2013 03:19 PM)ElPared Wrote:  
(02-20-2013 02:42 PM)Ryzuma Wrote:  Why not set up something on the forums where you could donate. That way all the dedicated people will see it and those that just play the app won't be affected. Even just $1 from everyone here a month would be good for OML while at the same time it's nothing for us. I like this game and don't want to see it go because of funding. I'd be willing to pay like $5 a month

(02-20-2013 08:24 AM)ElPared Wrote:  yeah, we could just set up a PayPal donation page to support OML...

it's a good idea and pretty easy to implement Wink