One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML (/showthread.php?tid=732)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Bullfreg - 01-02-2013 10:54 AM

Eventually read through all of this thread!

I'd love to see GC achievements. Adding that would be a an incentive to play.

I think the puzzle feature would be awesome. This could be integrated with GC achievements. If you have 50 puzzles, pay £0.69 to unlock every ten I'd probably pay every now and then (when paid) to play them. If a single player mode was to be introduced you could even provide an experience bar with bonuses when you reach certain levels, a bit like FIFA 13 although not sure how that would really work...

Ad pop-ups should be implemented for those who haven't paid, as annoying as it is, £0.69 is not a lot to pay to remove them in order to carry on playing an awesome game smoothly!

A pay-to-unlock Speed league would be pretty cool, especially for 2v2! I mean a tournament in 2v2 played via speed rounds could be done in days Tongue. if it was to be introduced to 2v2 implementing a 5 minute pause to discuss tactics every 1 or 2 rounds would be good.
Whenever my friends see me playing Outwitters I always tell them its just like chess but a bit more fun. Adding a clock makes it even more thrilling, I can actually imagine my myself now in those dying seconds with no clue how to change the situation and simply tap here, there and everywhere just to use some wits!

Also, wouldn't mind knowing my hidden skill ranking. Whether it be the top 25,50,75% or an actual figure. I'd happily pay to see. Just so I could find how I'm getting on!

Stuff like the new bases is a great way to make money. More colours for your team would be good though, as well as new purchasable avatars, costumes, and interchangeable specials within each class per game.

Can't think of anything in addition to what's been said already. Massive shame this game doesn't earn more coz its by far one of the best I've played on my iPad.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - SC2Chaos - 01-02-2013 09:14 PM

So if it's already been said, I sincerely apologize for restating whatever has been said, but I think that additional game types would definately be fun as well. Things like KoTH or CTF would be fairly easy to implement into the game, much more so then a full blown ai system. In this way it would be much easier to make outwitters a paid app, as having multiple game modes in your description would definately help sales. Even if outwitters remained to be a free app, you could charge what, $2.99 for the " game mode pack" which I think quite a few people would buy, especially those people who love outwitters but also want to try something a little different as well. In addition, there is yet one more thing I have to add to this. Achievements. This is one of those things that don't seem to be so big at first, and may not have a huge impact but it can't hurt, and it's more than half the time worth it. Cleverly named achievements always adds more appeal to games, and with outwitters it wouldn't be too hard to think of some.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Gf!sh - 01-03-2013 12:07 AM

I think the way the achievements were worded was a major plus on TTL.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - knighthalo123 - 01-03-2013 05:20 AM

(01-02-2013 09:14 PM)SC2Chaos Wrote:  So if it's already been said, I sincerely apologize for restating whatever has been said, but I think that additional game types would definately be fun as well. Things like KoTH or CTF would be fairly easy to implement into the game, much more so then a full blown ai system. In this way it would be much easier to make outwitters a paid app, as having multiple game modes in your description would definately help sales. Even if outwitters remained to be a free app, you could charge what, $2.99 for the " game mode pack" which I think quite a few people would buy, especially those people who love outwitters but also want to try something a little different as well. In addition, there is yet one more thing I have to add to this. Achievements. This is one of those things that don't seem to be so big at first, and may not have a huge impact but it can't hurt, and it's more than half the time worth it. Cleverly named achievements always adds more appeal to games, and with outwitters it wouldn't be too hard to think of some.

The problem of having multiple game modes is the population of gamers. With more gamemodes it leads to a widely spread amount of gamers among those game modes, which could lead to less players in the game.

This problem is extremely dire, as this could lead to newbies being turned off due to having noone to play with.

Although your game-mode pack is a great idea, it has some flaws. However I do enjoy the idea of achievements, its a great idea.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - connor34911 - 01-03-2013 09:50 AM

Two things:

First, I like the idea of more paid things. However, I've already invested a lot into the game and I don't necessarily want to pay for new leagues and achievements. We don't want outwitters turning into the free to play games everyone hates.

Second, why are they offerings everything half off of they're having money issues?

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - Judment - 01-03-2013 09:52 AM

Because everyone who would buy something at full price has probably already bought it. By shrinking the price it might convince some of the people who are hanging on the edge to buy it.

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - GoHeat 3 - 01-03-2013 09:54 AM

(01-03-2013 09:52 AM)Judment Wrote:  Because everyone who would buy something at full price has probably already bought it. By shrinking the price it might convince some of the people who are hanging on the edge to buy it.

They just started a sale today.Big Grin

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - connor34911 - 01-03-2013 09:57 AM

That's possible. I did buy the über pack when it was on sale, but that was during opening weekend. Coincidently I bought a new base today. Idk if I got the sale though.

I just don't want it to turn into everything in the game becoming 'pay to play'

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - GoHeat 3 - 01-03-2013 10:05 AM

(01-03-2013 09:57 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  I just don't want it to turn into everything in the game becoming 'pay to play'

Idk exactly what you mean by this but OML has to make money if you expect to continue to play this game.
Can you explain what you mean by this?

RE: Outwitters' low revenue - Marketing suggestions and ideas for OML - bobolynx - 01-11-2013 12:11 PM

An idea i had was to have an in app upgrade that allowed you to change rules for the game when playing in friendly, including the creation of new maps, which if downloaded by both players could be played in friendly, like the microtournament (can't spawn anything) would be simpler if this was set up, or things like these. you could have a completely different setup for things like micro games (i don't know how hard map creation integration would be, nor the other things, but if they're simple enough i know i would buy it, and i think others would too.
if we make the tournament paying, new players would be turned away from the fact that everyone playing friendlies are also new players... I think if i never got a chance to play against better players by going up in rankings, i would never have bought the game, but at this point i would buy the game if i had to
i think having to pay every 50 league games is crazy though. i know i would quit if they did that