One Man Left Studios Community Forums
poppycock - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Poppycock (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: poppycock (/showthread.php?tid=627)

poppycock - TheQwertiest - 09-25-2012 03:58 AM

when i first saw the poppycock forum i thought it was a new game by OML. :))

RE: poppycock - Kamikaze28 - 09-26-2012 08:37 PM

What would this game be? Seriously, make a game out of this name.

RE: poppycock - TheQwertiest - 09-26-2012 09:41 PM

(09-26-2012 08:37 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  What would this game be? Seriously, make a game out of this name.

i actually had no idea. i couldnt picture it out so i searched in app store. lol
saw this in a different thread

(07-12-2012 11:16 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Huh.....I'm confused....just tell me if poppycock is a game or something T-T

Edit: are you guys talking about popcorn?
Fluffysox lied in the poll. haha

RE: poppycock - Gf!sh - 10-15-2012 12:42 AM

According to wikipedia, Poppycock is a brand of candied popcorn

RE: poppycock - TheQwertiest - 10-15-2012 12:52 AM

(10-15-2012 12:42 AM)Gfich Wrote:  According to wikipedia, Poppycock is a brand of candied popcorn

people still use wiki? haha.

RE: poppycock - CombatEX - 10-15-2012 05:40 AM

Yea, it's only the 6th most popular website worldwide.

Something interesting though is that apparently people with higher education are more likely to use wikipedia =P haha

RE: poppycock - TheQwertiest - 10-15-2012 05:47 AM

(10-15-2012 05:40 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Yea, it's only the 6th most popular website worldwide.

my reason for saying that is wikipedia lacks credibility.
yeah cause apparently people with higher education
use the "6th most popular website" -_-

RE: poppycock - CombatEX - 10-15-2012 05:53 AM

Doesn't mean it's not incredibly useful =)

But your statement that wikipedia lacks credibility is why I was surprised that people with higher education are the ones who use wikipedia more >.<

Really though, high-school teachers always talk about how bad wikipedia is, but many of my college professors actually direct students to wikipedia to get a general idea on certain topics*. Obviously if you need an indepth understanding you shouldn't rely on wikipedia, but it's a good starting place from which you can then expand upon.

*though wolfram alpha is starting to replace that for math and science

RE: poppycock - Eijolend - 10-15-2012 07:37 AM

Of course you should take everything on Wikipedia with a grain of salt. Since everybody can edit it, you get a wide variety of knowledge levels on a subject.

The "wikipedia is so bad"-thing people are usually meant that you shouldn't base your information EXCLUSIVELY on wikipedia, what usually is exactly what the high school students do, that said teacher is talking to. Also it usually helps to have a very basic understanding of the subject at hand to be able to judge if the information is complete crap or not.

RE: poppycock - Promicide - 10-18-2012 08:44 AM

Poppy cock= opium dick