One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Outwitters WORLD CUP Winner - Alvendor (SWEDEN) - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Outwitters WORLD CUP Winner - Alvendor (SWEDEN) (/showthread.php?tid=556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Outwitters WORLD CUP - Group Play - garcia1000 - 10-01-2012 01:04 AM

This looks pretty cool. I would play in the next tournament!

RE: Outwitters WORLD CUP - Group Play - TheQwertiest - 10-01-2012 01:07 AM

wow. i thought p1noyboypj was from the philippines. haha. how is this world cup going?

RE: Outwitters WORLD CUP - Group Play - CombatEX - 10-01-2012 05:14 AM

The group stages are almost over. Just 1/96* (my mistake) games needs to be finished =) Then the tournament will move into the RO16 bracket play. You can see the bracket lineup in the STANDINGS link on the first post.

RE: Outwitters WORLD CUP - Group Play - awpertunity - 10-01-2012 05:50 AM

(10-01-2012 05:14 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  The group stages are almost over. Just 1/64 games needs to be finished =) Then the tournament will move into the RO16 bracket play. You can see the bracket lineup in the STANDINGS link on the first post.

1/96* And all eyes are on GreatGonzales !!

Also a reminder to any spectators that may be watching. Replays of all the matches can be found by clicking the MATCH DETAILS link on the original post and clicking on the name of the winner for the game you'd like to watch. There are some great games out there!

RE: Outwitters WORLD CUP - Group Play - CombatEX - 10-01-2012 05:59 AM

Oh, my bad. Somehow I thought there were 8 matches per group =P But actually there are 12.

RE: Outwitters WORLD CUP - Group Play - GreatGonzales - 10-01-2012 02:16 PM

My match with furrysox is currently on turn 22.

Hey just FYI...I know I developed a reputation for taking really long turns in the hero academy community, but I assure you that I am doing my darndest to finish this game quickly! Furrysox is taking fairly slow turns, but I made him aware that people are waiting on us so hopefully the game can be finished in the next few days.

RE: Outwitters WORLD CUP - Group Play - CombatEX - 10-02-2012 02:49 AM

What teams do those of you who made it to the top 16 play as your main? If you play two teams equally you can say so too, but if you mostly stick to one then just specify that one. In Starcraft 2 usually players have their race next to their names and it's interesting to see how many players of each race there are at different points in a tournament. In SC2 it's actually necessary because players usually are stuck with the race they signed up for for the duration of the tournament, but in Outwitters it's more out of curiosity since you aren't bound to a particular team every game.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting you have to stick with a team, this is more just for fun. What team do you guys play? Any underrepresented teams in the top 16? (guessing Feedback but maybe I'll be surprised =P)

RE: Outwitters WORLD CUP - Group Play - GreatGonzales - 10-02-2012 03:16 AM

Actually CombatEX reminds me of a point that needs to be addressed (if it hasn't already) - in the event that the new team is released before this tournament is over (seems likely), will Veggienauts be legal for tournament use immediately? After some time? Or not at all? Awpertunity, you should probably spell that out for people.

RE: Outwitters WORLD CUP - Group Play - awpertunity - 10-02-2012 08:24 AM

(10-02-2012 03:16 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Actually CombatEX reminds me of a point that needs to be addressed (if it hasn't already) - in the event that the new team is released before this tournament is over (seems likely), will Veggienauts be legal for tournament use immediately? After some time? Or not at all? Awpertunity, you should probably spell that out for people.

That's a good point I had not thought of yet.

I think it would be best just to keep them out of this tournament since we are already so far. I'd hate for anyone to win/lose a match this far in the knockout phase due to a "oh, so that's how that works.." situation.

We'll see though. Depending on when they are released and how they work I will make a more official statement about it when the time comes.
To answer Combat, I think I played one or two of my games with Adorables, and the rest with Scalliwags.

RE: Outwitters WORLD CUP - Group Play - GreatGonzales - 10-02-2012 10:48 AM

CombatEX, I've been scallywags mostly, with adorables as a secondary. I think I may have used feedback once? Don't quite remember.