One Man Left Studios Community Forums
2 Vs. 2 Community Tourney - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 2 Vs. 2 Community Tourney (/showthread.php?tid=465)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: 2 Vs. 2 Community Tourney - worldfamous - 08-30-2012 10:12 AM

(08-30-2012 06:25 AM)NathanDetr0it Wrote:  
(08-29-2012 02:35 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  The stated rules for this tournament are: " If a third match is needed lower seeded players get the first turn advantage and map choice". So, in that case, BitPilot and Swimj had FTA in 2 of the 3 games. I am of the mind that we should just start 3 matches, declare one of them to be the tie breaker game, and that game would only count if the other two go 1:1. That way, we save time and don't have to wait for a whole game to complete.

But the drama, man. The drama!

We definitely should start 3 right off the bat. First 2 wins move on and it doesn't matter if game 3 is won before game one is finished because, obviously you're going to at least split at that point (you've already won one of them, duh). Once you've lost 1 game, you're sudden death anyway and have to win the next 2. So it doesn't matter if it's game 3 or one of the first 2. You lose that second game and you're out. Hope that's clear.

RE: 2 Vs. 2 Community Tourney - Bluegodzill - 09-02-2012 04:46 AM

Well, I hope the patch update fixes the crashing for you nivra. Big Grin

RE: 2 Vs. 2 Community Tourney - thelonepower - 09-15-2012 03:23 PM

What is going on in the other match, guys? NathanDetr0it and I (thelonepower) are still playing GreatGonzales and The Rawkhawk. It has been going slowly. Maybe a round of turns a day.

RE: 2 Vs. 2 Community Tourney - worldfamous - 09-15-2012 04:01 PM

I assume we won by default. We won the first match and our opponents said they weren't able to finish the second game due to bugs. We weren't a lock in the second game but I liked our position from my view. Are you back, Nivra?

RE: 2 Vs. 2 Community Tourney - GreatGonzales - 09-17-2012 01:58 PM

lonepower/NathanDetroit, I think you should consider starting a third game with us (you get to start I believe) in case we go 1:1 after the two currently ongoing matches. I know Nathan would like to preserve the drama, and I would too, but I also enjoy efficiency. Smile

RE: 2 Vs. 2 Community Tourney - GreatGonzales - 10-02-2012 03:22 AM

Hey all, here to report a win against Nathandetr0it/thelonepower. Was a great game!

GreatGonzales/The Rawkhawk vs NathanDetr0it/thelonepower on Blitz Beach

We currently have 1 other game ongoing...no tie breaker match started yet. I must say that game is not going as well for us (Rawkhawk accidentally took my boost space >.<), so it would be prudent to start the tie breaker match ASAP in case we lose and a tiebreaker is required. Nathan/lonepower, I believe you guys need to start that one.

RE: 2 Vs. 2 Community Tourney - GreatGonzales - 10-22-2012 11:37 PM

Ok, the match between GreatGonzales/the rawkhawk and nathandetr0it/thelonepower is finally over. Another great match to close out the set. Good games!

So...is anyone still doing this tournament? Worldfamous, are we in the finals now?

RE: 2 Vs. 2 Community Tourney - worldfamous - 10-25-2012 02:23 AM

I didn't realize this thing was still alive. So I guess we start one and you guys start two, right?

RE: 2 Vs. 2 Community Tourney - GreatGonzales - 10-26-2012 02:56 AM

Yeah let's do it! At the very least would be nice to play you guys; we never have.

RE: 2 Vs. 2 Community Tourney - GreatGonzales - 11-10-2012 04:31 AM

The finals match for this tournament is ongoing between GreatGonzales/The RawkHawk and WorldFamous/${DieMFDie}$. 1 game has concluded with GreatGonzales/The Rawkhawk winning, here is the replay. This was a tense match that ended in a surprise win with a mobi/bombshell warp.

2 other games are ongoing.