One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned? - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned? (/showthread.php?tid=448)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned? - awpertunity - 08-01-2012 09:23 PM

(08-01-2012 03:06 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(08-01-2012 12:00 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  I don't suppose someone is up for creating a list of confirmed cheaters?

A new named appeared in my ST league division at #1, 600 points higher than the previous #1. I just got matched up against him and he took his first turn on Sweetie Plains without taking either of his bonus wit spaces. It's certainly possible that he's just going for something really unorthodox and I'll see the wisdom of his ways in a turn or two, but given the reports of cheaters in this thread I can't help but raise an eyebrow and wonder.

I have a somewhat similar situation in my 2v2 league. My partner and I are in the 5 spot with around 252 points and 2-4 have anywhere from 300-450 points. The team in the #1 spot has 1266 points. How is that possible? Those of you that play 2v2 know how slow it moves. I play 2v2 almost exclusively, with 20 matches going at all times. We win somewhere between 67%-80% of our games. Are these guys cheating? Is there a bug? Have they been playing since beta and it didn't reset at launch? Would love to hear from anyone on this matter.

Nothing wrong with that. Check how many games they've won in total, it's probably a lot more than you (which doesn't mean they are better).

RE: Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned? - worldfamous - 08-02-2012 05:50 AM

(08-01-2012 09:23 PM)awpertunity Wrote:  
(08-01-2012 12:00 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  I don't suppose someone is up for creating a list of confirmed cheaters?

A new named appeared in my ST league division at #1, 600 points higher than the previous #1. I just got matched up against him and he took his first turn on Sweetie Plains without taking either of his bonus wit spaces. It's certainly possible that he's just going for something really unorthodox and I'll see the wisdom of his ways in a turn or two, but given the reports of cheaters in this thread I can't help but raise an eyebrow and wonder.

I have a somewhat similar situation in my 2v2 league. My partner and I are in the 5 spot with around 252 points and 2-4 have anywhere from 300-450 points. The team in the #1 spot has 1266 points. How is that possible? Those of you that play 2v2 know how slow it moves. I play 2v2 almost exclusively, with 20 matches going at all times. We win somewhere between 67%-80% of our games. Are these guys cheating? Is there a bug? Have they been playing since beta and it didn't reset at launch? Would love to hear from anyone on this matter.

Nothing wrong with that. Check how many games they've won in total, it's probably a lot more than you (which doesn't mean they are better).

I give them the benefit of the doubt, but I've been playing since the game launched and 2v2 just doesn't move that fast. I suppose it's possible, but seems a bit of a reach.

RE: Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned? - jwbryan - 08-03-2012 04:16 AM

Count me in as a cheating victim as well. Didn't think about it until later, but the guy had two BS when he couldn't have. I should have pulled the replay, but didn't. Either way, the math didn't add up.

I wonder if they are capturing network packets and doing some manipulation. I debated looking at a packet capture to see what is being sent in the game, but haven't gotten around to it since I'm moving...

RE: Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned? - Syvan - 08-03-2012 05:02 AM

(08-03-2012 04:16 AM)jwbryan Wrote:  Count me in as a cheating victim as well. Didn't think about it until later, but the guy had two BS when he couldn't have. I should have pulled the replay, but didn't. Either way, the math didn't add up.

I wonder if they are capturing network packets and doing some manipulation. I debated looking at a packet capture to see what is being sent in the game, but haven't gotten around to it since I'm moving...

It seems like they are finding the wit variable in the game file, then modifying it to a very large number before sending it back to the server.

RE: Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned? - worldfamous - 08-03-2012 09:24 AM

Ok, something is definitely wrong here. They went from 1266 to 1950 in 2 days. At is just not possible. I have 20 2v2 going at all times and maybe finish 6 games a day. At their pace you'd have to assume they are completing 20 games a day against higher ranked opponents and winning all of them. No way that's possible. Anyone have an answer for that?

RE: Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned? - swimj - 08-03-2012 09:31 AM

(08-03-2012 09:24 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  

Ok, something is definitely wrong here. They went from 1266 to 1950 in 2 days. At is just not possible. I have 20 2v2 going at all times and maybe finish 6 games a day. At their pace you'd have to assume they are completing 20 games a day against higher ranked opponents and winning all of them. No way that's possible. Anyone have an answer for that?

Well if cheating is the case, then it's a lot different than that seen in the replays (manipulation of actual wins, not wits) because having more wits would still not result in wins that quickly, as you yourself admit that 2v2s take even a day to go through 3-4 cycles. It definitely seems fishy though, but I'd put my bet on some system glitch that is randomly adding points/wins. That has also been mentione on the forums, like someone said all of a sudden they had 200+ wins.

RE: Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned? - Nova-Exarch - 08-05-2012 07:16 AM

I guess it's a difficult fix since nearly a week has passed and this guy is still soaring up the ranks with this BS.

[Image: 639a0c07.jpg]

[Image: 4121ab31.jpg]

I don't have a replay yet because I am playing turns as slowly as possible in the hopes that he will be banned and the games aborted. Undecided

Edit:

Well, so much for the slow play idea :| guess I underestimated how much faster it would go.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YqNxwDA

He's up to #5 now.

[Image: 8919fc73.jpg]

[Image: 5b6e7d82.jpg]

RE: Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned? - Kamikaze28 - 08-05-2012 07:25 AM

(08-05-2012 07:16 AM)Nova-Exarch Wrote:  I don't have a replay yet because I am playing turns as slowly as possible in the hopes that he will be banned and the games aborted. Undecided

Interesting approach - if everyone in the community would do the same, we could effectively ban this cheater ourselves by cluttering up his 20 game slots. Each of us would only have to sacrifice one or two slots ourselves, but he'd be stumped. Always take 4 days to do your turns and even if he can win in 5 turns it will take him 8 days.

I find this morally right.

RE: Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned? - xSkeletalx - 08-07-2012 03:12 AM

(08-05-2012 07:25 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(08-05-2012 07:16 AM)Nova-Exarch Wrote:  I don't have a replay yet because I am playing turns as slowly as possible in the hopes that he will be banned and the games aborted. Undecided

Interesting approach - if everyone in the community would do the same, we could effectively ban this cheater ourselves by cluttering up his 20 game slots. Each of us would only have to sacrifice one or two slots ourselves, but he'd be stumped. Always take 4 days to do your turns and even if he can win in 5 turns it will take him 8 days.

I find this morally right.

You can't hear it, but I'm applauding.

RE: Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned? - alexjiang1 - 08-07-2012 04:06 AM

Hi all, worldfamous was talking about me and my partner Mr. banger, we were also very surprised we jumped up so many points, we both went away from the game for several days and when we came back, we jumped over 200 wins for no apparent reason, Mr. banger created a thread about it (Bluegodzilla can confirm, he posted in it). And through the next several days our wins just kept piling up, and eventually it slowed down and ultimately stopped. I don't know what happened, and hope it can be fixed I would like to say that in no way were we trying to jeopardize the integrity of the game. Hope ive cleared up any confusion, thanks and GL to all. P.S. We are posting all of our recent games in the 2v2 replay section.