One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Super-Titan Replay Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=417)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - terenceshiu2005 - 07-25-2013 12:58 AM

You are excellent to block the corridor in turn 8.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 07-25-2013 01:08 AM

Oh, right, maybe he miscounted, thinking on turn 13, he could spawn a runner and a sniper and take out both the runner and heavy that way.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Thrutchy - 07-25-2013 01:16 AM

Sorry Cor, I should have been more specific. In terms of runners, maybe a soldier on top instead of a runner for turn 2. But, maybe what you did was right because it prevented an even earlier tap on your base to 3. I think you needed the runner spawn in turn 4 to kill the mid runner. So, maybe my only suggestion right now is to just not kill the medic in turn 4.
I think killing medics are overrated. I think this is especially true when your opponent is likely to bring out a special, become wit constrained (probably not true for scallywags), and not use the medic as much.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 07-25-2013 01:22 AM

Yeah, maybe I could have gotten out a BS to defend the alley in time, if I had not killed the medic. It would have been close!

At the time, I didn't think I wouldn't have made it in time, so I decided to go for it and take the medic, hoping that with unbuffed units I could push and somehow make it through.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - L3R4T - 07-30-2013 04:39 AM

The famous one ^^

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YzoX1Aww

To win with Scallys on Skulldudgery I think that you have to respect 3 points:

1) First you have to stop the early rush to let you the time to prepare your units.
As you can see, I choose to sacrifice my soldier to stop it. But I get the witts back when my sniper is coming. The 3 points soldier will be the only weakness in my opinion of Powewe during the game. So he has to make his units going back to the base.

2) Second, You have to be ready for a counter attack
You don't have to put your special in position when you know that you won't use it and that you won't have a direct attack. Spare your witts and put your special ready to counter an early mobi/sniper combo on your base

3) Third When you have enough witts, take the space and hold the position, you have the best special to do it

I don't say that scally are better than adorables on this map but I think it's balanced. I don't see a big fail comming from Poweewee but I would like to have his opinion

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - poweewee - 07-30-2013 01:39 PM

I felt that the position of your BS was optimal; however I think I would have had a better chance if I didn't spawn two mobis (LOL). Looking back at the game, I almost stopped your attack, and I felt that I could have really stopped it if I had more wits.

I'm not sure, but perhaps a better move for you was to just defend, and hit my units slowly, one hp per turn? This was what I was anticipating, and the reason why I spawned another mobi, to threaten a tele-hit-tele attack with two mobis. LOL

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - joelduque - 07-30-2013 02:45 PM

Please make this replay of the week: outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yl9_yAww

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - L3R4T - 07-30-2013 05:00 PM

(07-30-2013 01:39 PM)poweewee Wrote:  I felt that the position of your BS was optimal; however I think I would have had a better chance if I didn't spawn two mobis (LOL). Looking back at the game, I almost stopped your attack, and I felt that I could have really stopped it if I had more wits.

I'm not sure, but perhaps a better move for you was to just defend, and hit my units slowly, one hp per turn? This was what I was anticipating, and the reason why I spawned another mobi, to threaten a tele-hit-tele attack with two mobis. LOL

I was not able to hold the position too long because my opinion was that you would kill my soldiers one by one. If i want to stay in this position I have to prepare more soldiers before going in attack mode

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - TheQwertiest - 07-30-2013 05:13 PM

(07-30-2013 02:45 PM)joelduque Wrote:  Please make this replay of the week: outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yl9_yAww

awesome game.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - terenceshiu2005 - 07-30-2013 10:38 PM

(07-30-2013 02:45 PM)joelduque Wrote:  Please make this replay of the week: outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yl9_yAww

Wow! Scrambler!