One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Super-Titan Replay Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=417)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Mag!cGuy - 05-04-2013 03:00 AM

Awesome game joel!! Why damn all cool replays are only on sweet tooth these last times?

Lol yeah GG Tongue

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - TheGreatAnt - 05-04-2013 03:26 AM

(05-04-2013 02:27 AM)Norahsul Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 12:36 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  This week there haven't been many interesting replays, I think the battle between the two best should be showcased:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YjI2rAww

This one is the most amazing though, but it's rly long so I don't know if it suits to the style of replay you want to highlight. Anyway, here you go!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YhcHxAgw

At turn 12, how does poweewee know the sniper moved up ??
The only thing I can think of is that he moved the heavy over to see if anything was close to his base, and it happened that there was a sniper there. I am not sure why Alvendor moved his sniper that direction, anyway. If he had just moved it along the outside of the map, he could have won the next turn with a move sniper, hit base, move mobi, snipe base. But, he would have also needed to save a wit from the turn earlier, and not moving around so many units.

Definitely a close, to the end battle of wits.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - bngn3000 - 05-04-2013 03:31 AM

(05-04-2013 01:29 AM)joelduque Wrote:  Please consider this. I really considered giving up after the massive assault around my rear bonus space. There was a time I had 20+ wits to use. Even so, every bit of wit counted so the importance of saving wits can not be overstated in this game. A nailbiter in its truest sense, base health at 1 and 0 at the end. Good game!

Mx666
St aa p2 win 40
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yh8ysAww

This is a great game. I think mx666 made a mistake that cost him the game at the end of turn 29 though. He makes a soldier following his attack and moves it to a hex that is too far down. He was probably trying to keep it out of view, but since you had your hands full on turn 30 this probably wasn't necessary. If it was 1 hex closer to your sniper he could have killed it with that soldier and used both of his others to bring your base down to 1.
I think Alvendor put his sniper there precisely because it seems like he should have followed the edge. If poweewee had blocked the base with his heavy instead of jumping out into the fog of war because he though the sniper was along the edge, Alvendor's sniper positioning would allow him to move it up and to the left and hit the base anyway.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Mag!cGuy - 05-05-2013 08:07 AM

That one was epic!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YwoqsAww

We both didn't play perfeclty, but it was a very exciting game and I rly thought I was done for after that desastrous turn 40 ^^'

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - GoHeat 3 - 05-05-2013 08:40 AM

Yeah lol.. Things would have been much different if he played turn 43 differently.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - poweewee - 05-06-2013 02:27 PM

(05-04-2013 02:27 AM)Norahsul Wrote:  At turn 12, how does poweewee know the sniper moved up ??

I didn't. Smile I was planning to teleport the heavy, so I let it do some recon first. I was just lucky that the sniper was indeed there. Smile

I was even luckier that he didn't just kill my heavy (with the sniper and runner). I would've been doomed.

(05-04-2013 01:29 AM)joelduque Wrote:  Please consider this. I really considered giving up after the massive assault around my rear bonus space. There was a time I had 20+ wits to use. Even so, every bit of wit counted so the importance of saving wits can not be overstated in this game. A nailbiter in its truest sense, base health at 1 and 0 at the end. Good game!

Mx666
St aa p2 win 40
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yh8ysAww

Great game! Good thing joelduque had a lot of wits for turn 32! Anyway, on turn 31, I didn't think the mobi teleport to the spawn point was necessary; also, if mx666 was planning to attack joelduque's base, maybe instead of killing the sniper, he could've attacked the base instead, sending it down to 1HP. Then maybe bring the soldier down or spawn a runner towards the bottom.

(05-05-2013 08:07 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  That one was epic!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YwoqsAww

We both didn't play perfeclty, but it was a very exciting game and I rly thought I was done for after that desastrous turn 40 ^^'

So 50 turns, A vs. A........

...........and NO MOBIS?? Smile

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - TheGoldenGriffin - 05-07-2013 06:15 AM

Games with more than 1 mobi each are too long, i had a game where we both spawned more than 3 mobis and it was an 80 turn game more or less. So much hit and retreat turtling
83 turns, 12 turns in a row just the same moves again and again

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Mag!cGuy - 05-08-2013 10:47 PM

When I watch that replay I don't feel like I deserve to be in ST, I did so many enormeous errors that costed me the victory (like turn 35.. WHY did I move back my snipe, and WHY did I spawn an useless medic instead of a precious runner moved at the right, WHY) that I'm literaly raging right now.. But it was such an awesome game with Such an awesome ending (that i really didn't expect, which increase still more my rage Big Grin)

Replay of da week for sure!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YkIO9Aww

And if I had killed the runner with my snipe and scrambly with my runner, and not the reverse as I did, he'd have lost... So many regrets, seriously! I feel like I'm not able to play one single game perfectly, good bye top 10 Tongue

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 05-08-2013 11:11 PM

That was an awesome feedback replay! I hope it gets featured.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - bngn3000 - 05-09-2013 05:23 AM

(05-08-2013 10:47 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  When I watch that replay I don't feel like I deserve to be in ST, I did so many enormeous errors that costed me the victory (like turn 35.. WHY did I move back my snipe, and WHY did I spawn an useless medic instead of a precious runner moved at the right, WHY) that I'm literaly raging right now.. But it was such an awesome game with Such an awesome ending (that i really didn't expect, which increase still more my rage Big Grin)

Replay of da week for sure!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YkIO9Aww

And if I had killed the runner with my snipe and scrambly with my runner, and not the reverse as I did, he'd have lost... So many regrets, seriously! I feel like I'm not able to play one single game perfectly, good bye top 10 Tongue

So close! That was an awesome game, even if you made a few mistakes. Don't give up on to ten yet, you gained 5 ranks just this week Smile