One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Super-Titan Replay Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=417)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - Jack•Sparrow - 08-29-2012 01:01 PM

Jack•Sparrow (I'm only in Gifted!) versus ..Sir3.. (ranked #2 overall)

Adorables vs Feedback on Sweetie Plains

(I hope that link works, as it's my first time linking on these forums.)
(on another note, why was I matched up against the #2?? He complemented me, but I don't think I'm that good... Am I?)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - wonderpug - 08-30-2012 04:04 AM

(08-29-2012 07:03 AM)P1noyboypj Wrote:  Replays:

P1noyboypj (f) vs frost392 (f) on "long nine"
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YosiSAQw

P1noyboypj (f) vs x-onyx-x (f) on "sweetie plains"
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y5K6RAQw

I don't get how you're getting matched up against these people. I'm a ways down from you on the top 100 list, and I get matched up almost entirely with other Super Titans, mostly from the top 100 or people who end up showing up on the following top 100 list. If I have a long enough matchmaking wait, the lowest rank I get matched up against is someone at the top of their Masters level division.

Out of curiosity, are you playing from the Philippines? Maybe the usual time you start your matches is way out of synch with typical US playtimes, giving you a way wider "you've been waiting a long time!" matchmaking window than normal?

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - swimj - 08-30-2012 04:38 AM

(08-30-2012 04:04 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  

I don't get how you're getting matched up against these people. I'm a ways down from you on the top 100 list, and I get matched up almost entirely with other Super Titans, mostly from the top 100 or people who end up showing up on the following top 100 list. If I have a long enough matchmaking wait, the lowest rank I get matched up against is someone at the top of their Masters level division.

Out of curiosity, are you playing from the Philippines? Maybe the usual time you start your matches is way out of synch with typical US playtimes, giving you a way wider "you've been waiting a long time!" matchmaking window than normal?

My bet is he only gets matched up with other top 5 players, but because that pool is so small he often gets kicked to the wider range. I am rank 8 and have never had this problem, so I think the system sees me in a different skill range than p1noyboy. My most recent matchups are ReggaeKing, Alvendor, Harti!, none in top 5.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - wonderpug - 08-30-2012 05:14 AM

But I would think that he would get his matchmaking to expand to the wider range that I exist in before he would get his range widened beyond my own.

The players I get matched up with are going to be more challenging than those two matches he just posted, but he skips right over my range of opponents and into a range several tiers lower.

If I can consistently find opponents throughout the top 100 or people at the top of Masters, why can't he?

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - GreatGonzales - 08-30-2012 05:46 AM

(08-30-2012 05:14 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  If I can consistently find opponents throughout the top 100 or people at the top of Masters, why can't he?

Great question. I assume OML is working on it!

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - wonderpug - 08-30-2012 06:05 AM

Well that's why I thought it might be time zone related. If I occasionally have to wait 12 hours to finally get a match, maybe Pinoyboy is starting things in the Pinoy time zone, other side of the world, and ending up waiting even beyond 12 hours. Instead of the matchmaker thinking "well let's dip down a bit lower in the ranking to find someone for you" it's gone into a full panicked "omg find him someone, anyone! hurry hurry before he yells at me!"

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - swimj - 08-30-2012 08:17 AM

(08-30-2012 06:05 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  Well that's why I thought it might be time zone related. If I occasionally have to wait 12 hours to finally get a match, maybe Pinoyboy is starting things in the Pinoy time zone, other side of the world, and ending up waiting even beyond 12 hours. Instead of the matchmaker thinking "well let's dip down a bit lower in the ranking to find someone for you" it's gone into a full panicked "omg find him someone, anyone! hurry hurry before he yells at me!"

I don't think it works that way. It seems the system is either a stickler about skill range, or doesn't care at all (full panic) and finds first available opponent. You're right, a better way would be for it to gradually widen the search range but given the other host of problems, I wouldn't expect it to be fixed anytime soon. After all, it affects all of 5-10 players from the whole game.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - CombatEX - 08-31-2012 08:01 AM

Game 1

Game 2

It's interesting to see how you play, but not very educational so I'm not putting these in the main post. I'd certainly like to see some of your 'real' games though.

(imagine a Grandmaster playing a Bronze player, yea sure it could be interesting to watch but I wouldn't watch it to learn)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - wonderpug - 08-31-2012 11:50 PM

Just finished up a fun match on Long Nine, Scallywags vs Adorables

burnodrod vs wonderpug

There's an oopsie at the end, but I think the tide had turned by that point so it was probably already a done deal.

We each make some aggressive pushes, and the way in which we keep it together during the counterattacks involves some interesting key moves.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - vide0gamer - 09-02-2012 05:31 PM

Good one against awpertunity on sharkfood island. Feedback vs. scallywags.
Link