One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Super-Titan Replay Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=417)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - GreatGonzales - 04-16-2013 11:54 PM

(04-16-2013 03:37 PM)poweewee Wrote:  Great game! On turn 9 though, maybe awpertunity could have attacked the base with the soldier? At the very least, GreatGonzales would be down to 1 HP Smile

I had the same thought. Looking at the replay, I think his concern was that I would be able to squat on his spawn and kill medic. But yeah that might have been the better use of his wits.

Keep in mind the bulk of this game was played blitz style, neither of us spending more than 30 seconds thinking about a move. Smile

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - ImperialSun - 04-17-2013 04:17 AM

Very impressive and fun game GG and awpertunity considering your rate of play! It makes me want a blitz mode in Outwitters 2 Smile
(04-16-2013 11:14 AM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  
(04-16-2013 02:52 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  
(04-15-2013 12:54 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  
(04-11-2013 12:45 PM)ImperialSun Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YpZGeAww

Maybe this was already posted in this thread but I didn't see it. Fast paced game with a lot of action and special usage.

I think if magic move the mobi + sniper at the top, and move up the heavy in turn 7, the result maybe different. Of course I can see the full map without frog now! Wink but unit count may help!
Another chance was in turn 11

Wouldn't Magic lose on turn 10 though unless he can win on turn 9? If mobi sniper and heavy are all at the top, next turn sharu could kill the soldier with heavy and use his soldier to hit the base. Next turn heavy could hit the base and win. I don't think Magic could win on turn 9 because the sniper + soldier should be enough to stop it and sharu also had 10 wits on turn 8.
The most important point is Sharu cannot kill Magic's Mobi in turn 8 and his base has been hit down to 2. unless he can either kill the mobi or destory Magic's base in turn 8, he will lose in turn 9.

Mag1c would still lose unless he spawned a 3 hp soldier and moved it. You're right that he could get into a guaranteed win. But not just from moving up the mobi sniper and heavy. Spawning a 4 hp soldier would leave mag1c without enough wits to win if sharu defended optimally the following turn.

This is actually a good puzzle. Try Terence's suggested turn 7 and see if you can guarantee a win for sharu on turn 10 by defending and attacking properly on turn 8. (The suggestion with the 4 hp soldier instead of 3 hp soldier and moving up the mobi sniper to hit the base).

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - terenceshiu2005 - 04-17-2013 10:35 AM

Agree! Blitz mode is good if it can be implemented in Outwitters' league

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - terenceshiu2005 - 04-17-2013 11:12 AM

I actually think that is hard for a player to forget about defend when you are seeing incoming force.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Thrutchy - 04-17-2013 11:50 AM

Here's another blitz game we played:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y84SQAww

This is a little more exciting than the last one. I counted 7 scramblers spawned.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - GreatGonzales - 04-17-2013 12:27 PM

(04-17-2013 11:50 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  Here's another blitz game we played:

This is a little more exciting than the last one. I counted 7 scramblers spawned.

Haha, you were able to hang on for quite a while there!

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - poweewee - 04-17-2013 04:33 PM

Here are a couple of nice wins with the Veggies:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YruCoAww
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y4JaJAww

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Mag!cGuy - 04-17-2013 05:58 PM

The replay against alvendor totally shows gavin is wrong saying bramble is underpowered especially against scallys, here I'm wondering what could have done alvendor :O

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Alvendor - 04-17-2013 08:01 PM

(04-17-2013 11:50 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  Here's another blitz game we played:

Nice move with the scrambler at the end. I thought a long time if you would do that or not, but as I hadn't seen you do such moves before I decided against it! Wink
(04-17-2013 12:27 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Haha, you were able to hang on for quite a while there!

Yeah definately tricky to finish someone off by attacking on the "wrong side"!

(04-17-2013 05:58 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  The replay against alvendor totally shows gavin is wrong saying bramble is underpowered especially against scallys, here I'm wondering what could have done alvendor :O

My first adjustments after this match would be to put the bombshell so it can hit one tile further than the wit space. I'd also play much more defensive around turn 23-25.

But of course, I'm sure poweewee would also make adjustments for any second game!

RE: Super-Titan Replay Discussion - poweewee - 04-18-2013 02:05 AM

(04-17-2013 08:01 PM)Alvendor Wrote:  My first adjustments after this match would be to put the bombshell so it can hit one tile further than the wit space. I'd also play much more defensive around turn 23-25.

But of course, I'm sure poweewee would also make adjustments for any second game!

I actually thought your BS (the first one, the one on the right side) was at an optimum space; one space lower and it would be vulnerable to a sniper. I was thinking maybe concentrate more on defending the right side, because that was the only side I was attacking. Smile