One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Super-Titan Replay Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=417)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - harvarnold - 12-09-2012 10:55 PM

Combat Ex, you have heycoolkid v. white dr4gon listed as S v. V. but it's actually V v. V

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - Harti - 12-10-2012 05:01 AM

102 turn epic 1-1 fortify super duper game against poweewee:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y-tH3AQw
Harti! (FB) vs poweewee (VN) on Thorn Gulley

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - CombatEX - 12-10-2012 02:25 PM

(12-09-2012 10:55 PM)harvarnold Wrote:  Combat Ex, you have heycoolkid v. white dr4gon listed as S v. V. but it's actually V v. V

Thanks, let me know if you catch any other mistakes.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - _H2O - 12-10-2012 03:17 PM

(12-10-2012 05:01 AM)Harti Wrote:  102 turn epic 1-1 fortify super duper game against poweewee:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y-tH3AQw
Harti! (FB) vs poweewee (VN) on Thorn Gulley

turn 31 was a huge let down for me, i think brambles useless you could have just sniped his third brush back and gotten 3 wits worth out of it for only one of yours. You also lost a wit from losing your spawn space but you still come out up one wit. Then you wasted like 5 wits using the same useless bramble bushes when you could have used those to heal your mindcontroller and drop a soldier to cover it in a way that it could not be killed.

Just wanted to give my view on that turn and bramble. This was a shining example to me of how weak that unit is Big Grin

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - terenceshiu2005 - 12-11-2012 12:27 AM

I shouldn't spawn a medic if I am being rushed, right?

Terenceshiu2005 vs Poksh

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - blckace - 12-11-2012 03:34 AM

(12-11-2012 12:27 AM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  I shouldn't spawn a medic if I am being rushed, right?

Terenceshiu2005 vs Poksh

Right, the way I see it, there's no place for the healer near the base in foundry ever, because if you are stacking units you will make a sniper so there won't be space for the healer, when I need to make a healer there I usually move it the next turn to where the hole near the base is and make it my buffing station

one more tip, the first turn you could've moved the sniper and put your healer in its position instead of the bad position you put it in, that way you would've been able to make buffed scouts and end his cycle of scout spawning, always works for me

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - Eijolend - 12-11-2012 03:43 AM

This was an interesting one.

Long Nine
[*] Eijolend (V) vs. jacs9 (S)

Even though I fall behind in unit count, I manage to keep the pressure up and force my opponent to constantly relocate his troops. Even though I win this game, it was only very shortly before he would have reclaimed the momentum and crushed me. Also it shows bombshells up there are quite safe but not very influential.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - poweewee - 12-11-2012 03:59 AM

Hey Harti! I was just about to share this game, but you beat me to it. Smile At about turn 50, we're both down to 1 health, and then we go back and forth for 50 turns trying to get through with one hit Smile

(12-10-2012 03:17 PM)_H2O Wrote:  turn 31 was a huge let down for me, i think brambles useless you could have just sniped his third brush back and gotten 3 wits worth out of it for only one of yours. You also lost a wit from losing your spawn space but you still come out up one wit. Then you wasted like 5 wits using the same useless bramble bushes when you could have used those to heal your mindcontroller and drop a soldier to cover it in a way that it could not be killed.

Just wanted to give my view on that turn and bramble. This was a shining example to me of how weak that unit is Big Grin

Just to be clear, killing thorns DO NOT give you wits as in the +1wit/kill rule.

Besides, I was just testing some stuff around with the bramble in this game. At around turn 90 I finally figure out how to use those thorns effectively. Smile

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - burnodrod - 12-11-2012 05:16 AM

Here are two replays with a stupid beginning and a happy ending.
vs. kowki101
vs. ren8585

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - CombatEX - 12-11-2012 08:44 AM

(12-11-2012 03:59 AM)poweewee Wrote:  Hey Harti! I was just about to share this game, but you beat me to it. Smile At about turn 50, we're both down to 1 health, and then we go back and forth for 50 turns trying to get through with one hit Smile

(12-10-2012 03:17 PM)_H2O Wrote:  turn 31 was a huge let down for me, i think brambles useless you could have just sniped his third brush back and gotten 3 wits worth out of it for only one of yours. You also lost a wit from losing your spawn space but you still come out up one wit. Then you wasted like 5 wits using the same useless bramble bushes when you could have used those to heal your mindcontroller and drop a soldier to cover it in a way that it could not be killed.

Just to be clear, killing thorns DO NOT give you wits as in the +1wit/kill rule.

Besides, I was just testing some stuff around with the bramble in this game. At around turn 90 I finally figure out how to use those thorns effectively. Smile

He was criticizing Harti!'s move where he mind controlled your bramble, not your overall bramble play.