One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Super-Titan Replay Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=417)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - TheQwertiest - 11-26-2012 03:46 PM

bump*

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - garcia1000 - 11-26-2012 04:19 PM

(11-26-2012 03:44 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  Where did this +18 for evenly matched players come from? I know garcia mentioned it somewhere, but when I asked where he got this number he never responded.

Also, thanks for the replays everyone!

I got that from someone else. It was something like, people who were adjacent to each other on the top 100 players list? I forgot exactly sorry.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - TheQwertiest - 11-26-2012 04:22 PM

(11-26-2012 04:19 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  
(11-26-2012 03:44 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  Where did this +18 for evenly matched players come from? I know garcia mentioned it somewhere, but when I asked where he got this number he never responded.

I got that from someone else. It was something like, people who were adjacent to each other on the top 100 players list? I forgot exactly sorry.

I think we need to ask adam or alex what the actual number for being evenly matched is. even though they were adjacent in the top 100, their rating might have changed from the time when the list was released.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - burnodrod - 11-27-2012 11:19 AM

Burnodrod vs. ludo_06
I like losing like this. That was funny Smile

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - awpertunity - 11-27-2012 11:03 PM

(11-26-2012 04:19 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  

+18 and -12 points used to be roughly even skilled players, but I'm fairly certain that has changed since the update. It seems they have changed how points are given without telling us, sneaky sneakyyyy lol.

and @Combat, I don't know if I was the original person who was saying that but I know I was one of them, and it came from playing like 13 simultaneous games with the same person in which we kept alternating wins (not intentionally). The differences started from something like +15,-9 and eventually converged to +18, -12. Of course this is by no means proven in this way, just a conjecture..

Regardless, the system has changed so who knows now!

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - GreatGonzales - 11-30-2012 03:35 AM

Here's a replay between me and rising star AlanTheFast, a scallywags ditto on Shark Food Island. I think I have a very strong approach on Shark Food island, and I think this replay may be a good showcase for why the new wit for kill rule can make it difficult for a player to deal with advance positioned bombshells. I was getting wit bonuses from killing his units, so I was able to overwhelm in the unit count at the end. The game was basically over for alanthefast when I got my second bombshell set up...I'd be interested to hear ideas of how to combat my approach.

[**] AlanTheFast (S) vs GreatGonzales (S)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - aaronINdayton - 11-30-2012 04:53 AM

(11-30-2012 03:35 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Here's a replay between me and rising star AlanTheFast, a scallywags ditto on Shark Food Island. I think I have a very strong approach on Shark Food island, and I think this replay may be a good showcase for why the new wit for kill rule can make it difficult for a player to deal with advance positioned bombshells. I was getting wit bonuses from killing his units, so I was able to overwhelm in the unit count at the end. The game was basically over for alanthefast when I got my second bombshell set up...I'd be interested to hear ideas of how to combat my approach.

An obvious counter to your approach this game would be to do it first, Alan built his first BS very late. I'd have to see a game with you as P1 to discuss P2 combating it in a SvS matchup...

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - Alvendor - 11-30-2012 08:53 AM

(11-30-2012 03:35 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Here's a replay between me and rising star AlanTheFast, a scallywags ditto on Shark Food Island. I think I have a very strong approach on Shark Food island, and I think this replay may be a good showcase for why the new wit for kill rule can make it difficult for a player to deal with advance positioned bombshells. I was getting wit bonuses from killing his units, so I was able to overwhelm in the unit count at the end. The game was basically over for alanthefast when I got my second bombshell set up...I'd be interested to hear ideas of how to combat my approach.

I don't have any strategy for "countering" your play as the map don't leave much room for variation. I can choose to not get a bombshell and try kill yours the turn after you deploy it. Other option is to create one myself and position myself slightly better. Both alternatives will be decided by small edges such as what tile a soldier is positioned on or if I boost a certain soldier or not..

It will be interesting to see how the other teams stack up against bombshells with the new rules on shark food!

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - burnodrod - 11-30-2012 07:00 PM

Burnodrod vs. Bad Herr Day
Bad Herr Day needed to have a runner! Wink

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - TheQwertiest - 11-30-2012 07:05 PM

(11-30-2012 07:00 PM)burnodrod Wrote:  Burnodrod vs. Bad Herr Day
Bad Herr Day needed to have a runner! Wink

hahaha. awesome sneak attack. he never knew what hit him. xD

nothing worse than knowing you made a mistake on the post you made then seeing that the thread is bugged
(you cant edit your post)