One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Super-Titan Replay Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=417)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - GreatGonzales - 10-27-2012 06:50 AM

Huh blckace I am looking at your turn 18 but nothing is jumping out at me as a clearly great offensive move you could have done. I might have tried to push top, but you don't have a lot of resources and would could have suffered a painful counter attack. I also see no way for you to eliminate the bombshell this turn.

EDIT: I see you just posted the answer. I see, that would have been a good move. Seems more defensive than offensive though, I guess I was thinking more along the lines of going to kill things, rather than preparing to kill things.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - poweewee - 10-27-2012 12:08 PM

Hi guys, just wanted to contribute a couple of games Big Grin I have a ton of replays at hand, but I just chose these two:

Peekaboo
[***] ren8585 (S) vs. poweewee (A)

The ending is just awesome. One runner > three heavies Big Grin

Long Nine
[***] Terenceshiu2005 (S) vs. poweewee (A)

The Mobi pushes through Big Grin

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - Eijolend - 10-27-2012 10:50 PM

(10-27-2012 12:08 PM)poweewee Wrote:  Peekaboo

That game is really cool - being able to break that bombshell with relative ease was surprising to me, and the follow-up spawn space shenanigans from both sides were very entertaining to watch.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - poweewee - 10-28-2012 02:46 AM

(10-27-2012 10:50 PM)Eijolend Wrote:  
(10-27-2012 12:08 PM)poweewee Wrote:  Peekaboo

That game is really cool - being able to break that bombshell with relative ease was surprising to me, and the follow-up spawn space shenanigans from both sides were very entertaining to watch.

Thanks for watching! Yes Ialways think that the best way to counter the BS is to attack it early Smile

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - garcia1000 - 10-28-2012 09:53 AM

Did he really create a heavy on turn 5? lol only thing I can think of is that heavy is next to bombshell, and he misclicked. And that he also misclicked on his heavy earlier on turn 3 as well

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - poweewee - 10-28-2012 12:16 PM

I think he was trying to threaten the soldiers with the heavy. Anyways, obviously it was a bad investment, he probably would have had that BS a couple of turns earlier.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - GreatGonzales - 10-31-2012 02:42 PM

Here's a pretty epic P2 win vs Joelduque on shark food. He did a good job hiding his activities behind his soldier wall the whole game..at around turn 45 I felt I needed to make a move or be overrun by the bombshells that he surely had. Got lucky with what I believe was an oversight on his part with a sneaky scrambler win on turn 50. Either that or he had insufficient wits to stop me.

[**] GreatGonzales (F) vs JoelDuque (S) shark food

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - the duck - 10-31-2012 03:37 PM

(10-31-2012 02:42 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Here's a pretty epic P2 win vs Joelduque on shark food. He did a good job hiding his activities behind his soldier wall the whole game..at around turn 45 I felt I needed to make a move or be overrun by the bombshells that he surely had. Got lucky with what I believe was an oversight on his part with a sneaky scrambler win on turn 50. Either that or he had insufficient wits to stop me.

[**] GreatGonzales (F) vs JoelDuque (S) shark food

This game was Great-Gonzales. What a great way to brick a turtle: tons of scramblers + tons of wits.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - Alvendor - 11-01-2012 10:35 AM

I put me and Calmon's tournament games here as well. I've written in depth commentary to them in the tournament forum thread

[***]Alvendor(F) vs Calmon(A) Foundry

[***]Calmon(A) vs Alvendor(S) Sweetie Plains

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - joelduque - 11-04-2012 03:09 PM

Here is a turnaround win vs. Harti! on SFI. I can be quite aggressive especially when I play P1. I was losing on the unit and BS count. I knew I was going to lose my 3 hp BS if I fired it so thought of how to spend my remaining 6 wits. I gambled and moved my BS to the backdoor and it paid off. Good defense and great game Harti!

Shark Food Island
[***] joelduque (S) vs. Harti! (S)