One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Super-Titan Replay Discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Super-Titan Replay Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=417)

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - Emuchu - 10-02-2012 10:31 AM

(09-30-2012 06:16 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Sorry for the lack of new replays recently. I did a bit of searching through the forums and found a few good ones though which I added to the main post. The match on SFI between Alvendor and Calmon! is particularly interesting =)

I just watched the Alvendor v Calmon! match. I previously didn't think it possible for an Adorables team to break through a competent Bombshell blockade, let alone a double Bombshell setup, so just knowing that changes the way I think about Mobi.

I also found it incredibly daring that Calmon! went for a Spawn takeover and still had the resources to continue fighting when the takeover failed.

It's like I've been playing Mobi wrong all this time!

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - pookywb - 10-02-2012 02:50 PM

He definitely did an amazing job at not over-extending. He always had enough units on the field, and I feel like his goal was to whittle down Alvendor's unit count while staying ahead himself.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - CombatEX - 10-03-2012 02:47 AM

Calmon! did do an amazing job of attacking the spawn without falling behind, but he ultimately didn't come out with any kind of advantage after Alvendor's nice defense. The game is pretty even afterwards (which again, is impressive considering Calmon! attacked towards the spawn) until Alvendor tries to setup a forward bombshell on turn 36.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - Riptor - 10-04-2012 12:43 AM

A very interesting game indeed.

But to my regret, I notice that it is always the Scallywags and Adorable found at high levels.
This clearly shows that the feedback is below, I think if Calmon! played with them, he would surely have lost Sad

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - CombatEX - 10-05-2012 03:31 AM

(10-04-2012 12:43 AM)Riptor Wrote:  But to my regret, I notice that it is always the Scallywags and Adorable found at high levels.
This clearly shows that the feedback is below, I think if Calmon! played with them, he would surely have lost Sad

I don't believe that is true. I feel like fewer people play Feedback because they are the hardest to master and/or there was an initial notion that Feedback were bad and as a result fewer people try to play them at a high level. However, players like p1noyboypj (rank 1 in the world) play Feedback as a main so clearly they can be effective. You'll also notice Sir3 (rank 2) played Feedback in his match against Alvendor on Glitch.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - Gf!sh - 10-05-2012 04:22 AM

(10-04-2012 12:43 AM)Riptor Wrote:  But to my regret, I notice that it is always the Scallywags and Adorable found at high levels.

Also, Calmon! is too Awesome! with Adorables to try something else.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - GreatGonzales - 10-12-2012 07:59 AM

Here is a Good one with Awpertunity. P2 loss on Foundry. After he got his shell up, I felt there was nothing I could do as adorables. I would appreciate some feedback. Perhaps I could have won if I had invested in a mobi and went for a attack/recall strategy. Or, if I had made a play for his bonus wit spot at bottom. I guess I felt too vulnerable to mount any sort of serious offensive with the shell and soldier army at center. And I wasn't sure mobi could be useful enough to justify the investment.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - Syvan - 10-12-2012 08:39 AM

(10-12-2012 07:59 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Here is a Good one with Awpertunity. P2 loss on Foundry. After he got his shell up, I felt there was nothing I could do as adorables. I would appreciate some feedback. Perhaps I could have won if I had invested in a mobi and went for a attack/recall strategy. Or, if I had made a play for his bonus wit spot at bottom. I guess I felt too vulnerable to mount any sort of serious offensive with the shell and soldier army at center. And I wasn't sure mobi could be useful enough to justify the investment.

The only complaint I have is that you built more snipers than I think is useful without a Mobi to really abuse them. I think attack/recall doesn't work very well against bombshells. You might barely break even. Best bet is to go somewhere else, maybe pressuring the other wit space would have kept him busy enough to leave a hole for you to exploit.

I would love to see a replay of an adorable coming back against a competent player 1 in this situation. Bombshells control such a huge area, you don't really have a safe place to go.

Here's how much of an advantage that bombshell was: awpertunity built a heavy and still won Wink

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - garcia1000 - 10-12-2012 09:59 AM

P2 adorables vs a competent scallywags is an autoloss, not much you can do there.

RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread - Eijolend - 10-12-2012 10:46 PM

Sweetie Plains
[*] joelduque (S) vs. Eijolend (A)

One of the more interesting games I played recently. I manage to take out his early bombshell very efficiently while the defense wasn't up yet, but can't get through with my counterattack.