One Man Left Studios Community Forums
New Forum Feedback thread. - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: New Forum Feedback thread. (/showthread.php?tid=4078)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

New Forum Feedback thread. - onealexleft - 10-15-2014 02:08 PM

This is the feedback thread for our forum migration announcement.

Please read it and let is know your thoughts! We want to bring our forums up to speed with modern browsers and capabilities. Check out the current test forum at http://talk.onemanleft.com. Your account is ported over there so you should be able to login there with the same account after you do a password reset there.

For those wanting a more 'guided tour' of what Discourse offers, give their main site a try: http://www.discourse.org/

RE: New Forum Feedback thread. - onealexleft - 10-15-2014 02:11 PM

For those with private team forums, if the head of those teams could PM me in the new forum I can get you setup with access to your private categories for your respective teams.

RE: New Forum Feedback thread. - [PETA] Doodat - 10-15-2014 02:30 PM

TGA is probably going to have to do that for us.
This sounds really interesting though, I'm going to have to read it more closely when I have time.

RE: New Forum Feedback thread. - Flarp55 - 10-15-2014 03:08 PM

Memories, can you do this for DL?

Not a huge fan of Discourse. Too unorganized for me. And it's hard to tell which posts are unread and which aren't. I rather like this design.

The good thing is that this makes it the same as the NP forums.

RE: New Forum Feedback thread. - Apple - 10-15-2014 03:46 PM

I don't like it much. Not being able to zoom in and out when accessing it from my iPhone irritates me, and I quite like the design here.
Also, no signatures and whatnot? Where are the clan logos going to go to?

RE: New Forum Feedback thread. - onealexleft - 10-15-2014 05:04 PM

(10-15-2014 03:46 PM)Apple Wrote:  I don't like it much. Not being able to zoom in and out when accessing it from my iPhone irritates me, and I quite like the design here.
Also, no signatures and whatnot? Where are the clan logos going to go to?

It is definitely a more focused approach to community discussion. Signatures, and extraneous personal widgets are folded into a pretty extensive profile page for each user's account which is accessible from every post. Personally, I feel they only distract from the thread and clutter things up. But it's definitely a topic of debate, as some definitely like the 'old-school' feel of things.

RE: New Forum Feedback thread. - onealexleft - 10-15-2014 05:12 PM

(10-15-2014 03:08 PM)Flarp55 Wrote:  And it's hard to tell which posts are unread and which aren't.

Read/unread is something that is part of discourse. It's currently working, just the CSS styling might not be as bold as it is here. I can look into highlighting that more?

RE: New Forum Feedback thread. - awpertunity - 10-15-2014 05:55 PM

I like it. The main page seems a bit more cluttered and will take some getting used to but the threads themselves look much better already. Also like that it gives time since the post instead of time stamp.

I assume there is a way to filter out posts from topics we don't care about but I just haven't found it yet.

RE: New Forum Feedback thread. - lawtai - 10-15-2014 10:39 PM

The new forums will take some getting used to, it does seem a little unorganized at first glance.

RE: New Forum Feedback thread. - jesusfuentesh - 10-16-2014 12:11 AM

I tried to log in and it says this:

[Image: wd5f0nSR2.jpg]