One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Push notifications stopped working recently - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Push notifications stopped working recently (/showthread.php?tid=3353)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Push notifications stopped working recently - bluharbour - 04-18-2014 07:57 PM

I don't know if Adam/Alex help me personally but I don't know how I lived without before now it's working properly

RE: Push notifications stopped working recently - Crzychkn - 09-28-2014 11:58 PM

This started happening to me. I had them working fine until I turned them off on my phone (I just wanted them on my iPad instead of both), but now they don't work on either. I have also deleted and reinstalled the iCloud backup and game from both devices, with no luck. Any ideas anyone?

RE: Push notifications stopped working recently - Alex78HD - 09-30-2014 08:48 PM

Since the update to iOS8 they stopped working.
I also tried to deinstall and reinstall the app - that didn't help.

RE: Push notifications stopped working recently - onealexleft - 10-01-2014 02:35 PM

(09-30-2014 08:48 PM)Alex78HD Wrote:  Since the update to iOS8 they stopped working.
I also tried to deinstall and reinstall the app - that didn't help.

Anyone else update to iOS 8 having this issue? I'm working on an iOS 8 compatibility update and wanted to confirm this is in fact an issue with iOS 8 specifically and not a red herring.

RE: Push notifications stopped working recently - .Memories. - 10-01-2014 02:46 PM

I'm on iOS 8.0.2, 5S and my notifications are working normally.

Edit: to clarify, I only use badge icons, and not actual banner or alert notifications. The icon updates as expected, but I don't know about the others.

RE: Push notifications stopped working recently - Juslas - 10-01-2014 07:21 PM

ios 8 update changed nothing on iPhone 5 that had working push notifications.
Same story on iPad mini with retina, that does not get push notifications.
So iOS 8 is not a cure neither doom. Push works or not just like it did with ios 7.

New iPhone 6 that inherited settings from iPhone 4 (backed up to computer) launched without push notifications. Oddly old iPhone 4 still gets notifications- though it is logged to Game Center with different ID. Not the best solution to save iPhone 4 just to display Outwitters notifications ;-)

RE: Push notifications stopped working recently - Chemoeum - 10-02-2014 05:01 AM

The function to my push notes:

((Games that are my turn) + 5) x B, B = (No turns to play = 0, Turns to play = 1)

RE: Push notifications stopped working recently - onealexleft - 10-02-2014 06:22 AM

(10-01-2014 07:21 PM)Juslas Wrote:  ios 8 update changed nothing on iPhone 5 that had working push notifications.
Same story on iPad mini with retina, that does not get push notifications.
So iOS 8 is not a cure neither doom. Push works or not just like it did with ios 7.

New iPhone 6 that inherited settings from iPhone 4 (backed up to computer) launched without push notifications. Oddly old iPhone 4 still gets notifications- though it is logged to Game Center with different ID. Not the best solution to save iPhone 4 just to display Outwitters notifications ;-)

ya the standard for registering push notifications changed in ios8, so new device registrations i suspect are failing.

RE: Push notifications stopped working recently - onealexleft - 10-02-2014 12:28 PM

going to be moving to a new push server hopefully sooner rather than later. I've got my fingers crossed this'll help with the missing notifications.

RE: Push notifications stopped working recently - Juslas - 10-09-2014 01:57 PM

This time of the year has a peek in device changes (till Christmas).
Some reports claim 21 miljon iphone 6 sold already. And new iPads on away ...
There has to be few Outwitters players like me loosing push notifications this year.

But I remain optimistic that Alex can fix push issues with iOS 8 new registration standard!
Clean slate- I hope.