One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Promotions - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Promotions (/showthread.php?tid=3350)

Promotions - [PETA] Doodat - 04-02-2014 06:50 AM

I'm a little curious. I have a theory that you cannot promote on a victory from a surrender. I wonder if this is true? Has anyone been promoted on a surrender?

Oh well, don't know.
Anyhow,
[Image: HI66yRB.png]

RE: Promotions - .Memories. - 04-02-2014 06:58 AM

What is your theory based on?

RE: Promotions - amoffett11 - 04-02-2014 06:58 AM

First time I was promoted to ST, it was on a timeout. Not technically a surrender, but in the same ballpark.

I would be surprised if you couldn't. I mean, theoretically, if Johnny MCMastersLeague won his next 300 games in a row, all by surrender, the wins would probably push his hidden ranking high enough to be #1, ahead of LErat even. But he wouldn't be promoted to ST? Nah, probably it makes no difference.

RE: Promotions - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 04-02-2014 07:05 AM

This might be true.

I have surrendered plenty of times and I've never been promoted past Super-Titan

RE: Promotions - [PETA] Doodat - 04-02-2014 07:06 AM

Theory is based on winning 3 matches without losing any after the last rankings came out, all vs ST, last two being surrenders, the last one vs top 50.

RE: Promotions - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 04-02-2014 07:08 AM

(04-02-2014 07:06 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  Theory is based on winning 3 matches without losing any after the last rankings came out, all vs ST, last two being surrenders, the last one vs top 50.

I've found that it takes quite a push to get promoted to ST. I think when I was climbing, I was ~35 in the top 200 before I finally got promoted. But once you get promoted, it takes a lot to get demoted.

Don't get discouraged! I know you'll be an ST soon!

RE: Promotions - Necrocat219 - 04-02-2014 07:13 AM

Surrenders count the same as ordinary victories, just keep trying and make sure after any losses, know why they happen and get a winning streak and you'll get there eventually. Place in to 200 counts more as an accurate representation than if you get promoted (but being a ST is everyone's top goal)