One Man Left Studios Community Forums
De minimis Wit – A Super Titan’s guide to efficiency. - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: De minimis Wit – A Super Titan’s guide to efficiency. (/showthread.php?tid=3341)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: De minimis Wit – A Super Titan’s guide to efficiency. - Alvendor - 04-10-2014 09:06 AM

Some additional thoughts on this subject

* To figure out what a medic is worth away from spawn:
We can spend 1 wit to move it next to spawn and be worth 3, therefore away from spawn is worth at least 2. If it is in a position we can heal soldiers as we move them out we can use the medic without moving it making it worth more than 2 wits. I'm thinking 2.5 wits is a good approximation.

* If the opponent can safely kill your unit using less wits than it is worth with the method in the original post, it is only worth as much as the opponent needs to kill it. So think about for example how much your 1hp runner is worth if its within 5 tiles of opponents spawn and opponent has a mobi on the map?

* It is a mistake to think a small wit difference doesn't matter when the number of units increases on the map. A good opponent can realize this and try to do a lot of wit neutral exchanges to cut down the unit count and make the wit difference noticeable.

* To figure out who is ahead purely by wit value ignoring everything else: compare the wit value of each player's units plus unspent wits, add half of the wit income to the player that is not the current one to move.

RE: De minimis Wit – A Super Titan’s guide to efficiency. - Necrocat219 - 04-11-2014 04:26 AM

Those are some great points, the one in the medic is pretty good, on maps such as SFI there is little reason to move the medic unless you intend to spawn a sniper. Took me a few rereads to understand exactly what you meant by the second point, that's a good thing for players to consider that they often may miss. And again, that last one is fantastic.

Please may I edit those points into relevant sections as quotes from you? They're great points

RE: De minimis Wit – A Super Titan’s guide to efficiency. - Alvendor - 04-11-2014 05:51 AM

(04-11-2014 04:26 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Please may I edit those points into relevant sections as quotes from you? They're great points

Sure go ahead!

RE: De minimis Wit – A Super Titan’s guide to efficiency. - Necrocat219 - 04-11-2014 10:50 PM

Updated and deleted everything at the same time! Had a panic attack, but went back and forward, and quoted the post to copy and paste thank goodness O_O Now Alvendor's quotes are up.

RE: De minimis Wit – A Super Titan’s guide to efficiency. - Flarp55 - 05-31-2014 07:45 AM

bump.

RE: De minimis Wit – A Super Titan’s guide to efficiency. - Flarp55 - 06-02-2014 02:14 PM

Lol @ necrocat's repping me

RE: De minimis Wit – A Super Titan’s guide to efficiency. - Demon - 06-02-2014 08:03 PM

Haha he's such a nice guy but so serious XD

Seriously good bump tho

RE: De minimis Wit – A Super Titan’s guide to efficiency. - Necrocat219 - 06-05-2014 05:30 AM

Tongue hehe. It's because it helps people.

RE: De minimis Wit – A Super Titan’s guide to efficiency. - Poc 13 - 08-03-2014 10:05 AM

Don't mind me, just recovering a great thread

RE: De minimis Wit – A Super Titan’s guide to efficiency. - Qwerty - 08-08-2014 05:52 AM

I bumbed into this thread