One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Species Specific Tournament [Begun!] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Species Specific Tournament [Begun!] (/showthread.php?tid=3248)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Species Specific Tournament [Begun!] - Poc 13 - 03-19-2014 09:29 PM

Since I don't have the teams at the moment, can I just use the scall form of everything I acquire?

RE: Species Specific Tournament [Begun!] - Extreme Ghost - 03-20-2014 01:11 AM

Quote:
You are probably tired of reading and would rather be playing Outwitters or Tilt To Live or TTL2, but I promise this is the last thing. THE EXCEPTIONS OF SOME UNITS. Alright, so some cannot defend themselves like the medics and the mobi. So these rules are applied.

FOR MEDICS: On a map you can use what I like to call the Witchdoctor's Potion. This allows if one of your units dies you can "revive" it and spawn it back in. You can only do this all the time in the game.

FOR MOBIS: You can use this ONLY if you're facing Scallywags. This is called the Whale's Wrath. If you kill one of their soldiers you can SUMMON a soldier to "replace" it. You can do this all game.

SIDENOTE: These can only be used if all you got is mobi's or medics or mobi's and medics. This is applied to counterbalance the scale so they aren't bear-food or fish-food or plant-food or... robot-food. Do robots eat?

^^^ medics don't have it so bad if thay pick a nice default map and you pressure ur opponent with ur boosted units vs there non boosted (medics should always get to pick map till thay have more than one unit IMO )

Poor necrocat has mobi not only dose it cost a lot of wits to spawn he's not even facing skallywags so even if he kills his opponents units all he can spawn is more mobi's (at least medics can re spawn there lost units XD) if any one should be complaining it should be nercocat XD

RE: Species Specific Tournament [Begun!] - jchris98 - 03-20-2014 01:23 AM

Medics and mobis are going to get destroyed equally. Because you opponent has an infinite amount of attacking units, while you only have the starting few. Plus on all maps but reaper, your opponent will start with a medic, and on reaper it will be extremely difficult to win with a runner, heavy, and sniper if your opponent can spawn anything.

RE: Species Specific Tournament [Begun!] - lawtai - 03-20-2014 01:40 AM

yea, seems pretty lopsided for those starting units.

RE: Species Specific Tournament [Begun!] - Extreme Ghost - 03-20-2014 02:36 AM

I think a good rule to implement for a solution (just for the 1st match of players who have mobi/medics)
Would be to cap the units both players could use
So players who have medics can spawn there default units when thay die and 8 medics and get to pick the map (any map)

Players facing ppl who have only medics can only spawn 3 more units than the default so if the map start off with 3 units you can have those 3 units and 3 of the units you can spawn(soldiers since all the ppl who got soldiers are facing medics) so it would be 6 units max during the whole match if the starting unit it count was only 3

Just a suggestion Smile

And mobi should be able to spawn anything it kills for 1st match XD

RE: Species Specific Tournament [Begun!] - Necrocat219 - 03-20-2014 05:12 AM

Hmm. I thought the mobi ability worked for any enemy team. Maybe I misread but I really thought it was. I'll have to find a way to spam mobi's effectively then Tongue

RE: Species Specific Tournament [Begun!] - Xerozen - 03-20-2014 08:08 AM

(03-20-2014 01:23 AM)jchris98 Wrote:  Medics and mobis are going to get destroyed equally. Because you opponent has an infinite amount of attacking units, while you only have the starting few. Plus on all maps but reaper, your opponent will start with a medic, and on reaper it will be extremely difficult to win with a runner, heavy, and sniper if your opponent can spawn anything.

I'm giving it a try on reaper

RE: Species Specific Tournament [Begun!] - Poc 13 - 03-20-2014 10:42 AM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA3JjriggM

RE: Species Specific Tournament [Begun!] - Xerozen - 03-20-2014 10:44 AM

(03-20-2014 10:42 AM)Poc 13 Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA3JjriggM

Train wreck

RE: Species Specific Tournament [Begun!] - AttackBomb - 03-20-2014 11:14 AM

(03-19-2014 09:29 PM)Poc 13 Wrote:  Since I don't have the teams at the moment, can I just use the scall form of everything I acquire?

Sorry but no.