One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Mindful Massacre Tournament - All Complete - Congrats to GendryStorm! - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Mindful Massacre Tournament - All Complete - Congrats to GendryStorm! (/showthread.php?tid=3151)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Mindful Massacre Tournament - Started - lawtai - 02-15-2014 01:12 PM

I think it's only because there are so many extra rules which make it hard. And then you also have to keep track of different things which make it even harder. You could simplify it by saying no using non scramblers runners period.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA9OvAsgkM

RE: Mindful Massacre Tournament - Started - AttackBomb - 02-15-2014 01:16 PM

I could have won too... If it weren't for those meddling runners and their scrambler.

RE: Mindful Massacre Tournament - Started - Demon - 02-15-2014 01:21 PM

Despite the confusing rules, this is still pretty fun

RE: Mindful Massacre Tournament - Started - Chemoeum - 02-15-2014 01:32 PM

I blame Scrambler for the confusing rules (if you see his new quote).

RE: Mindful Massacre Tournament - Started - AttackBomb - 02-15-2014 01:43 PM

(02-15-2014 01:32 PM)Chemoeum Wrote:  I blame Scrambler for the confusing rules (if you see his new quote).

Scramblers confuse everyone.
Get it.

RE: Mindful Massacre Tournament - Started - Juslas - 02-15-2014 07:16 PM

(02-15-2014 01:12 PM)lawtai Wrote:  I think it's only because there are so many extra rules which make it hard. And then you also have to keep track of different things which make it even harder. You could simplify it by saying no using non scramblers runners period.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA9OvAsgkM
I watched this one, trying to get clear picture of rules. If the scrambled medic at the end had covered the spawn - being immortal, those statue units then we're allowed to move towards another spawn (which also was covered at that point of game).
1) all non-runner/scramblers were allowed to move?
2) can they kill units actively on a way to spawn (that is far away)?
3) I believe that scrambled medic is immortal, too. Am I right, regardless if medic blocks the spawn?
4) is blocking spawns with medic a valid game plan?

Please check my edited comment relating the first published match
http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3151&pid=82228#pid82228

RE: Mindful Massacre Tournament - Started - Chemoeum - 02-16-2014 01:56 AM

Gosh, I am forgetting to include a whole lot. OK, so apparently medics are not supposed to be able to stand on enemy spawns. Because of its immortality, it would include a huge shift, where a scrambler is the most expensive unit, as well as being the only one who can get it off. Unit summons are still able to get the medic off if it does get on the spawn point, by killing it. Even if there is immortality, there's bound to be one thing it can get killed for.

RE: Mindful Massacre Tournament - Started - lawtai - 02-16-2014 02:57 AM

Haha more rules more complicated.

So GendryStorm and I had another possible situation. I had one of his spawns covered. Does that mean that if he scrambles one of my non runner/scrambler units, that he could then move that unit and use it to attack other units? I was thinking that yes he could, and he didn't think he could.

RE: Mindful Massacre Tournament - Started - Chemoeum - 02-16-2014 03:40 AM

He won't be able to move the non-runner/Scrambler unit after scrambling it, unless he is planning to use it in a way to free his spawn point.

RE: Mindful Massacre Tournament - Started - GendryStorm - 02-16-2014 05:17 AM

Chemoeum, this is just an opinion. the four general rules have two absolutes and two with exceptions, and issues are arising in relation to the two rules with exceptions. If the immortal medic rule ceases to be an absolute one, it will further add complexity to a game which increasingly becoming difficult to play. juslas' suggestion that a medic can block a spawn hex as a valid strategy is an elegant one, it could actually bring about a quicker and more aggressive gameplay as both players would attempt to scramble the immortal medic of the other. This is actually what's happening in our game (lawtai and i). So i suggest that the immortal medic rule remain an absolute one. . .