One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Feature Request: More merciful spawn-hog Win - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Feature Request: More merciful spawn-hog Win (/showthread.php?tid=3095)

Pages: 1 2 3

Feature Request: More merciful spawn-hog Win - ElPared - 02-09-2014 09:07 AM

This has probably come up before, but I felt like bringing it up again.

I'm playing a game where my opponent now has nothing but a Mobi and is unable to spawn units due to my runner hogging his spawn. Wouldn't it be a bit more merciful on the game's part to just hand me my win at this point?

the idea being: If a unit is hogging your spawn and you have no units left other than Medics and Mobis, the game should be forfeited just like if you'd had no units at all, because Medics and Mobis can do nothing to un-hog a spawn space.

RE: Feature Request: More merciful spawn-hog Win - sqwerdy - 02-09-2014 10:33 AM

There's always the "forfeit" option... But I personally don't find the idea of forfeiting too appealing either. I'd let you hunt down my mobi Smile

But it's true, a unit that can't defend itself should probably be a case of defeat. A minor issue, but it shows how much ElPared empathizes with others Wink

RE: Feature Request: More merciful spawn-hog Win - poweewee - 02-09-2014 01:08 PM

Probably too much work; just be merciful and kill the MOBI! Big Grin lol

I remember there was a time when I was hogging the spawn point, and I wanted to occupy all the hexes next to the enemy mobi so that it can't move either..lol

RE: Feature Request: More merciful spawn-hog Win - Setorines - 02-09-2014 04:52 PM

Lol thats just mean. My worst is hogging the spawn with only a medic left on thier side and bringing over troops to get the base kill.

It felt like a more significant victory though cause i won in both possible ways. Lol

RE: Feature Request: More merciful spawn-hog Win - ElPared - 02-09-2014 05:36 PM

(02-09-2014 01:08 PM)poweewee Wrote:  Probably too much work; just be merciful and kill the MOBI! Big Grin lol

I can't always do that because usually the mobi is out of reach of my units so all I can do is kill what's around it and hog their spawn.

Just saying: I know I won, they know I won; why make them hit the "give up" button?

RE: Feature Request: More merciful spawn-hog Win - Mag!cGuy - 02-09-2014 07:24 PM

(02-09-2014 01:08 PM)poweewee Wrote:  Probably too much work; just be merciful and kill the MOBI! Big Grin lol

I remember there was a time when I was hogging the spawn point, and I wanted to occupy all the hexes next to the enemy mobi so that it can't move either..lol

I do remember that... on sweetie plains... I suffered a lot x)

RE: Feature Request: More merciful spawn-hog Win - Int003 - 02-09-2014 09:53 PM

(02-09-2014 09:07 AM)ElPared Wrote:  ... Medics and Mobis can do nothing to un-hog a spawn space.

But they can hog opponent spawn space. Just theoretically...

RE: Feature Request: More merciful spawn-hog Win - Demon - 02-10-2014 01:10 AM

(02-09-2014 09:53 PM)Int003 Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 09:07 AM)ElPared Wrote:  ... Medics and Mobis can do nothing to un-hog a spawn space.

True, but since they cannot eliminate all enemy units, and both conditions must be met to achieve victory, victory is impossible.

As for ElPared's suggestion, I'm all for it. I would guess this might be somewhat difficult to program, however.

RE: Feature Request: More merciful spawn-hog Win - poweewee - 02-11-2014 03:43 PM

(02-09-2014 09:53 PM)Int003 Wrote:  

Right! So what happens if both of you have hogged the opponent's spawn??

RE: Feature Request: More merciful spawn-hog Win - Setorines - 02-12-2014 02:42 AM

I find it hard to come to a situation where you only have a medic or mobi left and took the enemies spawn when they also only had a medic or mobi left. I really doubt it has happened in any game ever. Lol