One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Promotion?? - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Promotion?? (/showthread.php?tid=3017)

Pages: 1 2 3

Promotion?? - Modvenger - 01-25-2014 01:34 AM

Normally, you would think
You should be happy about promotion, but I was happy being #1 in gifted. It's a bit frustrating putting all that effort but now being bottom of the list. Ok I'm done griping.

Only thing is I don't understand how the ratings work. As in, i don't want to bust mt butt to make it to the top only to be promoted to a new league. How do you know when leagues start-stop? I would rather be unlisted on my record than have a low ranking. Ie- the idea of having to work so hard and than have a mediocre rating is not appealing.

Ps- I know I have more learning to go, but that either means playing lots of games or buying upgrade to try new race/maps test out more. So being "better" isn't appealing atm

RE: Promotion?? - lawtai - 01-25-2014 01:41 AM

So the league you're in (gifted/masters) is dependent upon your hidden ranking. The rank you see on your profile is dependent on a so called "activity" ranking. The more you play/win the higher you get on that ranking in your profile.

The reason you jumped from gifted to masters wasn't because you were ranked #1 in your gifted league, but because your hidden ranking finally crossed a threshold that designates which league you should be in.

No one knows the hidden ranking algorithm or thresholds. Your profile ranking has nothing to do with your hidden ranking.

RE: Promotion?? - amoffett11 - 01-25-2014 01:50 AM

Most people would rather be anywhere in Master's than #1 in gifted; it's almost like leading the hockey minor leagues in points vs. being called up to the NHL.

On the flip side, in Season 3, I was #1 in Master's, got promoted to ST, then two weeks later I got demoted back to Master's. Except almost all my points were gone. That sucked.

RE: Promotion?? - HuskyPete - 01-25-2014 01:53 AM

One of my favorite features of outwitters is being paired with people of similar skill. You are master skill now. No need to keep beating up on gifted players.

RE: Promotion?? - Mag!cGuy - 01-25-2014 02:42 AM

No one cares about points!

RE: Promotion?? - [PETA] Doodat - 01-25-2014 04:04 AM

(01-25-2014 02:42 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  No one cares about points!

Obviously some people care about points. I'm ranked #30 something in Masters, but I'm playing against STs, points don't mean much, just activity, like a couple people said.

RE: Promotion?? - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 01-25-2014 04:06 AM

Plus, once you get into masters, you can start getting into the top 200 list, which will show you truly where you rank! Just keep going for it.

RE: Promotion?? - TheGreatErenan - 01-25-2014 04:29 AM

Neither league points nor hidden ranking actually mean anything. Evidence: I am the best (obviously, Rolleyes ), but I am not #1 on the Top 200 List and I have never been #1 on any division ranking list.

[/jokes]

Seriously, though, I've never been #1 in any division by points, and in fact, I stopped looking at those lists a long time ago except for occasionally out of curiosity just to see who else was in my division. Like, "oh, hey, I know that guy, he's #XX on the Top List" or "oh, hey that guy's in Diamond League" or like, "I hate that guy! He always beats me! Angry" and etc...

RE: Promotion?? - Mag!cGuy - 01-25-2014 05:04 AM

(01-25-2014 04:04 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  

Obviously some people care about points. I'm ranked #30 something in Masters, but I'm playing against STs, points don't mean much, just activity, like a couple people said.

Yep, and who cares about activity. Tongue Points don't show the skill and this why I said what I said in my previous post.

RE: Promotion?? - .Memories. - 01-25-2014 05:23 AM

(01-25-2014 05:04 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  
(01-25-2014 04:04 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  

Yep, and who cares about activity. Tongue Points don't show the skill and this why I said what I said in my previous post.

To be honest.. I sorta care. I was #2 in Masters last season, but would have really liked #1...