One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Good Game vs iPro Meeting : iPro discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Good Game vs iPro Meeting : iPro discussion (/showthread.php?tid=2844)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Good game meeting, turn 10, started nov 1, 7pm central - Thrutchy - 11-04-2013 12:18 PM

With the first suggestion of Terence with keeping the spawned unit out of killing range, we kill 3 units (but 1 is medic) and they only can kill 1 (4hp soldier). This unit advantage is the primary reason I like this option.

With harvarnold option (kill heavy/runner and take bonus), we kill 2 units and they kill either 1 soldier or 2 runners. Not as good on units, but great on wits.

I didn't realize the harv option didnt allow them to kill a runner after a soldier due to wits. Now i like both options and maybe the heavy kill a little more.

We should look variations of both of the above. For example runner to bonus for sniper kill option. Or runner to bonus for heavy kill option.

RE: Good game meeting, turn 10, started nov 1, 7pm central - Thrutchy - 11-04-2013 01:24 PM

Here is another heavy kill variation:

* medic: d4 -> e4/f4 to heal soldier:f5 (2)
* soldier: f5 -> g7, kill runner:h6 (1)
* runner: f7 attack heavy:g6, -> bonus:e8 (2)
* soldier: f6 attack heavy:g6, -> f7 (2)
* runner: spawn -> f6 kill heavy:g6 (2)

1 wit left

This just swaps the f7/e8 soldier/runner. It makes killing both runners less attractive to them and puts our far soldier a little closer.

RE: Good game meeting, turn 10, started nov 1, 7pm central - terenceshiu2005 - 11-04-2013 03:20 PM

Good! We worked as a team to fine tune our solution! Tongue

RE: Good game meeting, turn 10, started nov 1, 7pm central - terenceshiu2005 - 11-04-2013 07:45 PM

I still like my suggestion because we can save 1 wits this turn, and likely have an additional wits by captured their bonus next turn.

If we put a runner on bonus, they can still kill both our runner by shot the first one, and move the existing soldier to E7 and kill the second one.

I guess they may move their sniper and spawn a soldier on spawn.

RE: Good game meeting, turn 10, started nov 1, 7pm central - Thrutchy - 11-04-2013 09:40 PM

I like the soldier on bonus variation as well. I suggested this alt in case we thought it might be better to keep the 2 runners rather than lose a soldier.

Actually, i guess a much easier way to keep a runner is just to take your latest variation and move runner f7 further back. But only do that if we think 2 runners is better than 1 hp soldier in those positions.

I really like the teamwork as well on this turn.

So far, it sounds like we are leaning toward the latest heavy-kill with soldier on bonus image above. I will do that before the time limit unless i hear a better option.

RE: Good game meeting, turn 10, started nov 1, 7pm central - awpertunity - 11-05-2013 10:36 AM

That sounds good to me

RE: Good game meeting, turn 10, started nov 1, 7pm central - Thrutchy - 11-05-2013 02:28 PM

Just sent the turn. Exactly like the latest heavy kill image above.

Good game meeting, turn 12, sent - Thrutchy - 11-08-2013 10:46 PM

Killed soldier with soldier and sniper (2)
Moved medic and healed soldier (2)
Moved sniper off spawn (1)

[Image: mQL0XDql.jpg]

Hidden units: 0
Outstanding units: 0
Outstanding wits: 0
Glitch grid
Turn 10
Turn 8
Turn 6
Turn 4
Turn 2

We could stuff everything in the backdoor. Maybe spawn a soldier to the middle.

I think we can guarantee a win this turn.

RE: Good game meeting,, turn 12, started Nov 8, 6:30am central - terenceshiu2005 - 11-08-2013 11:18 PM

we are in very good condition now. But I don't think we can win this game by next turn, do I miss something?

shall we:

move the upper runner to J3 and kill the sniper
move the bottom runner to I8 and hit the base
move the soldier to F9 for next turn base attack
spawn a runner F5
move the medic to C7 for backup.

RE: Good game meeting,, turn 12, started Nov 8, 6:30am central - Thrutchy - 11-08-2013 11:38 PM

I know we can't win this turn, but i think we might come up with a play that would ensure one on turn 14 or 16 for any play of theirs.

I don't know if we should do anything about the sniper since it is in a position that isn't very useful for them. The only reason they moved it was to block the base.