One Man Left Studios Community Forums
iPro vs Wolfpack Meeting : iPro discussion - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: iPro vs Wolfpack Meeting : iPro discussion (/showthread.php?tid=2843)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Turn 25, will update later - terenceshiu2005 - 12-07-2013 04:42 PM

[Image: xKobzQwl.jpg]

Only saw soldier moved back to left, boost sniper and moved out from spawn. Should spawn unit on spawn

Shall we use heavy to kill sniper first. We have to beware the scrambler on F1

If nothing (unlikely) in spawn, then we can finish the base.

RE: Turn 25, will update later - Thrutchy - 12-07-2013 09:47 PM

I think we should determine what our best action should be be for each likely spawn first. If there is something common, start with that.

We may want to use the heavy and the runner on the left soldier. Or even leave the heavy alone since he is not killable by anything but a scrambler once we take out the sniper.

I would assume the most likely spawn is a soldier or maybe even a heavy. That would be 5 wits used as a soldier. If the spawned anything else or nothing, we'd take the spawn.

RE: Turn 25, will update later - terenceshiu2005 - 12-07-2013 10:58 PM

(12-07-2013 09:47 PM)Thrutchy Wrote:  I think we should determine what our best action should be be for each likely spawn first. If there is something common, start with that.

We may want to use the heavy and the runner on the left soldier. Or even leave the heavy alone since he is not killable by anything but a scrambler once we take out the sniper.

I would assume the most likely spawn is a soldier or maybe even a heavy. That would be 5 wits used as a soldier. If the spawned anything else or nothing, we'd take the spawn.

Agree. Shall we assume a 2hp scrambler is on F1. Then they have 10 @ start of their turn.

If they spawned a soldier, they banked 5 wits.
If they spawned a heavy, they banked 3 wits.
If they spawned a sniper, they banked 4 wits.
If they spawned a scrambler, they banked 0 wits.

So, most likely is a 3 hp soldier. They have 11 wits next turn.

I also assume that we will convert their soldier on F3 and G2.

So...will it be

Soldier on F6 to kill the sniper(1)
Heavy and runner to kill the left soldier. (3)
The bottom scrambler convert their soldier on f3 (1)
Converted soldier on f3 and soldier on g5 to kill their on f2 (3)
The top scrambler convert their soldier on g2 (1)
the converted soldier on g2 to kill the 2 hp scrambler on F1 (1)

RE: Turn 25, will update later - Thrutchy - 12-08-2013 02:04 AM

You have oversubscribed hex F3. You'll need to move the scrambled soldier first and i think you are missing a wit to do this.

Here is what things look like with our current assumptions:

[Image: SjC6D9Tl.jpg]

Here is an option where we kill/convert all of the top right soldiers, scrambler, and sniper:

[Image: APsIpkEl.jpg]

This uses all 11 wits. The soldiers on E3 and G1 are the scrambled 1hp soldiers.

RE: Turn 25, will update later - terenceshiu2005 - 12-08-2013 02:34 AM

(12-07-2013 10:58 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  Converted soldier on f3 and soldier on g5 to kill their on f2 (3)

I have already counted 3 wits for moving out the converted soldier!

RE: Turn 25, will update later - Thrutchy - 12-08-2013 02:46 AM

Sorry, I missed that. I'll make a map of that assuming we move that soldier to E3.

RE: Turn 25, will update later - terenceshiu2005 - 12-08-2013 03:04 AM

I like this attack and I agree not to kill the left soldier, it is less useful for them. so what is should I do first? Kill the soldiers first or sniper first?

I want to have a little suggestion. for killing the 3 hp soldier, should the runner goes to f2 and soldier goes to g2?

RE: Turn 25, will update later - Thrutchy - 12-08-2013 03:11 AM

Terence, is this your intent?

[Image: tfdSXSul.jpg]

Soldiers on E3 and F2 are converted 1hp.

I agree about the runner and soldier positions for killing the top right soldier.

Maybe heavy kill sniper first just as you originally suggested.

RE: Turn 25, will update later - terenceshiu2005 - 12-08-2013 03:20 AM

yes, it is. but this one no good.

they have 11 wits next turn they can kill both of our scramblers.

RE: Turn 25, will update later - game_taker - 12-08-2013 03:35 AM

(12-08-2013 02:04 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  Here is an option where we kill/convert all of the top right soldiers, scrambler, and sniper:

[Image: APsIpkEl.jpg]

This uses all 11 wits. The soldiers on E3 and G1 are the scrambled 1hp soldiers.

I also like this option, and feel its there is no need to bother with an other solution, simply because winning from this position is easy.
We should kill the sniper first so we can get vision on their spawn. If they spawned a scrambler (unlikely but possible) instead of a solider we will have to change our attack.