One Man Left Studios Community Forums
2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Grand Final] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Grand Final] (/showthread.php?tid=2821)

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - jesusfuentesh - 02-11-2014 08:51 PM

Bobolyx never sent me an invite, nor did he accept mine. It seems this player is inactive.

My remaining matches are still going on

Time for a quick review! - Torbreck - 02-11-2014 10:16 PM

So with the window now officially closed for all games to be started in the Group phase all the remains is for the results to come in - I thought it might be interesting to have a quick summary of where the various groups are at with a bit of analysis.... Smile

Group A - The Master and the apprentices..
With a somewhat disruptive start due to player changes group A has got down to business and TheBitPilot has stormed in to complete all 10 games in under a week including taking one of a little known player called poweewee!

poweewee and TheBitPilot are assured of moving on now, but the 3rd Place is still up for grabs a lot comes down to the 2 games between gzyn and Flarp55.

Group B - The Stealthy
With only 5 games reported this group are under deep deep cover....or may be inactive lol - who knows - stand by for a flurry of results soon (I hope) Would love to write more... but I've got nothing!

Group C - The Multi-Nationals
One of only two groups that includes 6 separate countries
So far it looks like blckace is on track to qualify, and with Pastil* winning his games over ShAdOw.* 198 and didgeralien you would expect he will move into the second place... but then there are a number of players yet to report in so perhaps too early to call. May be also inactive or may be in stealth mode too.

Group D - The Master Returns
With with winner of the first World Cup Alvendor looking solid it looks like he and some other random Aussie called -Fammo- will be advancing, though we have yet to hear from Aginor8.......hmmm.

Group E - The Expendient
The first group to complete all their matches - they are the model students for all others to copy and get to go home 5 mins early from school! As was also pointed out by my colleague in an earlier post all their matches went exactly according to seedings so Terenceshiu2005 and Uyduruk00 will be advancing with AllIdooisRush sitting in 3rd.

Group F - My Mates
One of the friendliest bunch of people I've had the chance to play with - all invited over for a BBQ when next in town.
(Yours truly) ===Torbreck=== will advance with a 2-0 win over DeJosselin, but DeJosselin still has a number of games to play/report and can still equal Mari BK. It's all going to come down to a local Neatherlands battle when they play each other - the winner of that game advancing. Mari BK took a win of me so that may also be enough to gain entry to the Plate.

Group G - The Complex.
Another 6-country group and with some unique results due to player times outs this group is wiiiiiide open.
joelduque is likely sitting on a few unreported wins so could actually be leading here. This one is just too complex to work out but Husky Pete on 6 wins with 3 to play , annemariew28 on 5 wins with 3 to play and paco bru on 5 wins with 2 left it could go anywhere.... watch this one closely!!.

Group H - The Bench
With a slow start due to inactive players this group has picked up pace thanks to the willing bench players
With all games almost complete it's possible we will see a three way tie! His_Daddy is assured of a spot but pytosz is sweating on the results of the game between GendryStorm and Silverlapras1747. If GendryStorm wins both and has at least an aggregate total of 5 base points left he will jump into second and not only game a spot in the R032 but also a place in the Plate competition.
Definitely one to watch!!!

Group I - The North Americans
With all of this group residing on the same continent its been a great game of ice hockey (is that the sport you guys like to battle over?). This group looks like it is going to be a very tight finish. game_taker and mr_13en could finish with as high as 9 points (though not both as they both need to play each other twice) that is music to Trumpet.alan 's ears (see what I did there...Smile) as he can only get to 8 points but the one game has outstanding is vs mr_13en which will mean his destiny is in his hands. This one is going to be very close....

Group J - The Curious
This one is interesting - the table while it is assured now that that my co-cordinator awpertunity will progress with 8 points there are still a number of games open that could see white dr4gon finish on as high as 9 points and Thcdoremi and **MissMarvel** can still finish with 7 points so it's still too early to call.

Group K - The Missing
I read a post a while ago that suggested that kace98 and spidey911 30 had gone AWOL after finishing their first games so it may have been kinda quite in the house of group K for a while. If that is the case it would seem that Mag!cGuy and amoffett11 will be the ones to advance.

Group L - The Steathly #2
I had a quick look at the table and thought - " huh - ˆthrutchyˆ isn't doing so well... then realised he actually has 4 wins and 0 losses so has probably spent some time learning tactics with the members of group B. So what do we know. Juslas has just returned to the club house with 7 points. Hembergler24 can still score as high as 10 as can ˆthrutchyˆ and norahsul can get to 9 points. It's all going to come down to what happens when these three report in their games.

Group M - The World Series
Because they are all from the USA! Similar to the last group this one is all in - Cor13:4 is on 6 points with possible 8 max. hifimatlock (who rolled Cor in both games) is also on 6 but can still get to 9 points. harvarnold can make 7 points... It looks like it is probably going to be a shoot out between Cor13:4, hifimatlock and harvarnold with the important games being the hifimatlock vs harvarnold game. harvarnold really needs to win that one and hope that hifimatlock drops one of the other ones - tough road....

Group N - Team GG and friends
Because a bunch of my clan mates ended up together in this one. So firstly Pharmafan is through with 9 points after Brioriy failed to start the last game which and chezedude will earn that second spot by finishing on 8 points which is unassailable for DimebagDerek - the difference being his win over Pharmafan . That assures almost chezedude of entry to the Plate competition also.

Group O - I'm running out of names group.
Yep - it's 10:30pm here now. Righto - this is another tight group - lawtai can finish on 8 points if the last 2 matches against GreatGonzales go his way. GreatGonzales is yet to concede any games however so he still can take 10 points. - Japsie - can still make 8 and Profe32 7, so it will all come down to the games between all those three vsGreatGonzales.

Group P - 5 might be enough
Still my favourite group with Blackfella4283 from Fiji leading after day 1 (It's kinda like the Olympics when Australia gets excited at the beginning when the swimming is on and we are ahead.... then the athletics and gymnastics start Sad
So Sharugames is through for sure on at least 9 points. 2nd place however is open. This one is a little hard to call - GoHeat3 has a lot of games in hand so can finish on 7 points but 2 of those are against Quazioo13 so here is a scenario (stay with me on this...) if GoHeat3 lost one to Quazioo13 and lost one to Blackfella4283 (and Blackfella4283 won his other one against wbgoldsmith) then GoHeat3, Blackfella4283 and Quazioo13 would all be in 2nd place on 5 points.....my head hurts just thinking about that one!

Keep the results coming....
Cheers,
Torbreck.

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - GreatGonzales - 02-12-2014 01:40 AM

Haha, "I'm running out of names group".

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 02-12-2014 03:06 AM

I'm reporting since it's the 11th, that Furged and Dovmiester never started their P2 games with me.

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - Mag!cGuy - 02-12-2014 03:11 AM

(02-12-2014 03:06 AM)[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:  I'm reporting since it's the 11th, that Furged and Dovmiester never started their P2 games with me.

I guess you meant P1? Haha Big Grin

So, yeah, kace and spidey are definitely out, no need to wait more Smile

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 02-12-2014 03:17 AM

(02-12-2014 03:11 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  
(02-12-2014 03:06 AM)[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:  I'm reporting since it's the 11th, that Furged and Dovmiester never started their P2 games with me.

I guess you meant P1? Haha Big Grin

So, yeah, kace and spidey are definitely out, no need to wait more Smile

Oh, um, yeah Tongue

And I totally meant to get rolled by Hifimatlock! I just wanted a chance to play Blckace in RO32...yeah...totally intentional Big Grin

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - Hot_bru - 02-12-2014 03:26 AM

GROUP F

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA1Kbv9woM

Base HP: 5

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - GreatGonzales - 02-12-2014 06:20 AM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAlKD49AsM

5 hp

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA1MrBgAkM

5 hp

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - L3R4T - 02-12-2014 06:43 AM

Hi here are some more results for the group B to help Thorbreck Smile

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAlLmJvggM
This player is not playing so i didn't receive the invite
Base HP 5

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA5ITEqQsM
Base HP 5
The second one against turtlepants is too old and the replay is not available but I won with base HP 4

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA5JPskgoM
Base HP 5

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAlLmdkAsM
Base HP 4

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - jesusfuentesh - 02-12-2014 07:45 AM

As for the group B. I already reported my 2 wins against spacechef, 1 win against sancho*panza, the 2nd one against him is still going on, 1 win against Turtlepants215, and I never recieved his invite until now. Will it be a forfeit? As for bobolynx, he seems quite inactive.