One Man Left Studios Community Forums
2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Grand Final] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Grand Final] (/showthread.php?tid=2821)

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - neilsi - 02-11-2014 05:19 AM

Not sure how to report the result, but olsonater1 did not start the second game.

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - Torbreck - 02-11-2014 06:46 AM

Hi all - firstly I wanted to acknowledge all the views that everyone has posted re the Game Centre / time-out issue with joelduque - I don't disagree with any of the points that have been made.

This issue has still be under review for the past few days and countless PM's have been traded behind the scenes which is why you haven't seen anything from us in the discussion.

Overall the rules are written as far as possible to cater for most normal circumstances - however it is also true that in a competition where technology is involved there will be external events that impact the games - whether it be the Venezuelan economy or Game Centre issues - it's not so much 'loose' but just simply not possible to think over everything. So the role of the coordinators is to try to ensure that when things like this arise a reasonable outcome is achieved taking into account the intent of the competition. The intent of this competition is to be the opportunity for players to compete in the game of Outwitters and let the results of the games and the skills of the players be the most important factor - not who happens to have an opponent with a GC issue.

The intent of the time-out rules is to ensure that the competition moves forward at a set pace with respect for all other competitors - not to provide a cheap way to earn victories due to external issues beyond a players control. A similar issue was posted earlier by Jesus regarding the inability to update his App in his country - although it never eventuated it was generally accepted in the forum that a redo would be a fair outcome in this instance.

The issue in joelduque's case was that he did not raise the problem until after the games had timed out and for that reason it was decided that he would be receiving a point penalty to have the games replayed.

However to his credit joelduque negated all the issues by withdrawing his request to replay the 2 games, accept the losses as they were and move on. (note that the the 3rd game where he had not made a move is is not a problem)

So that's that - the original 2 losses will stand. perhaps the best out come for all

Now on with the games - I have a tough one against DeJosselin that needs full attention!!!

Cheers,
Torbreck.

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - TheGreatErenan - 02-11-2014 07:07 AM

I think you guys are doing a great job! Thanks very much for your efforts!

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - jchris98 - 02-11-2014 08:38 AM

Firstnamethat and henrygg never started their games with me.

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - Jlkplay - 02-11-2014 09:00 AM

Brioriy never started his game with me

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - GreatGonzales - 02-11-2014 09:13 AM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA5MyZygoM

5 hp

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - poweewee - 02-11-2014 03:50 PM

Great job Torbreck and the organizers. To joelduque, good luck with the remaining games! Big Grin

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - Torbreck - 02-11-2014 04:30 PM

Group F
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA1KaVuwgM

Base at 3hp

GG !!

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - Pharmafan - 02-11-2014 05:25 PM

(02-11-2014 09:00 AM)Jlkplay Wrote:  Brioriy never started his game with me

Same here

(02-11-2014 03:50 PM)poweewee Wrote:  Great job Torbreck and the organizers. To joelduque, good luck with the remaining games! Big Grin

Well said!!

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - TheQwertiest - 02-11-2014 08:08 PM

didnt get a game from thomasssss.