One Man Left Studios Community Forums
2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Grand Final] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Grand Final] (/showthread.php?tid=2821)

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - joelduque - 02-08-2014 04:13 PM

I apologize for the timeouts, 1 game against thegense and 2 games against redorca. If possible, i like to have a redo, especially on the game vs redorca where i have not even made a move. I thought my game center got bugged, i was not able to login upon opening the outwitters app. I just realized today that my free space was so low, about 3 gb. I deleted many apps to 5 gb free space and my game center magically worked. Can we please have a redo of the 3 games? I promise to makes my moves more speedily. Thanks. Smile

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - Torbreck - 02-08-2014 10:28 PM

Hi all - in reference to the post above from joelduque we have reviewed the games that have timed out and its clear that neither player had an advantage at the time so all the affected games will be reset and played again.
Thx - Torbreck and Awpertunity.

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - jesusfuentesh - 02-08-2014 11:07 PM

(02-08-2014 06:40 AM)spacechef Wrote:  Bobolynx has timed out without taking a turn. He also hasn't started his P1 game.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAlLHKjQkM

Same case here. Though, he did take a turn, but in that very same turn, he quit without saying a word in the chatbox.

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - HuskyPete - 02-08-2014 11:34 PM

(02-08-2014 04:13 PM)joelduque Wrote:  I apologize for the timeouts, 1 game against thegense and 2 games against redorca. If possible, i like to have a redo, especially on the game vs redorca where i have not even made a move. I thought my game center got bugged, i was not able to login upon opening the outwitters app. I just realized today that my free space was so low, about 3 gb. I deleted many apps to 5 gb free space and my game center magically worked. Can we please have a redo of the 3 games? I promise to makes my moves more speedily. Thanks. Smile

Will you please post your completed games? It is fun to see where we are in the standings.

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - Alvendor - 02-09-2014 12:02 AM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAhIu2oAgM

Group D
Base 5 hp

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - Alan Klaus - 02-09-2014 12:31 AM

Just my two cents, but a Game Center crash doesn't preclude someone from writing here in advance of their timeout. The tournament rules are extremely clear for this tournament and this kind of exception would unfortunately set a very open precedent.

(02-08-2014 10:28 PM)Torbreck Wrote:  Hi all - in reference to the post above from joelduque we have reviewed the games that have timed out and its clear that neither player had an advantage at the time so all the affected games will be reset and played again.
Thx - Torbreck and Awpertunity.

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - xanaq - 02-09-2014 12:52 AM

This tournament is all too... loose... for my liking.

Someone times out theyve lost the game, if they dont play at all theyve lost all the games.
Imo there shouldnt be any redos or replacements, just move the tournament on at a good pace.

Ive got one more game left, once thats done im done, ive not won enough to progress.
And, i wont enter again.

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - Paco bru - 02-09-2014 01:12 AM

About joelduque time out:

First: I will not be classified (I've lost already four games) then I will not be affected with the reset of his games

Second: today, 8 of February, he didn't begin his game as P1 against me. He had (one month?) for beginning the games, and in the last day he didn't.
Third: as Husky Pete says, we don't have any report of his games played.

In my opinion there is not a reason for making time out. If a problem happened with his Game Center, he could post it in the forum and other player will accept to reset.

I'm sorry, joelduque, it's only what I think is justice.

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - lawtai - 02-09-2014 01:26 AM

Yea, I'd agree that it doesn't seem fair to give him a redo, but that's just my opinion.

RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - His_Daddy - 02-09-2014 01:50 AM

hmm... Redo will be a little unfair to the third guy in the group if he turns out win, but on the other hand we might lose a great player, what a pity!

Another.suggestion is allow the redo but give him a point penalty to balance, so he has to win almost all rest games and with high Pf to be the second in team