One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Play Fast Tourney? - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Play Fast Tourney? (/showthread.php?tid=2808)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Play Fast Tourney? - lawtai - 12-08-2013 06:12 AM

For those that may have played against me, I tend to play my moves fast, and turn around my turns as fast as possible, for better or worse.

So I'm just wondering if there would be any interest in a small tournament where the main goal is to play fast. So the time limit would be once the game says "1 day ago" it's an automatic forfeit. The only thing we'd need to watch out for are time zones on the opposite side of the world.

Ideally this is like a blitz tourney, but I understand it'd be too hard to set aside probably an hour to play back and forth between so many people, so having the time limit be 1 day seems good.

Any interest out there for something like this?

RE: Play Fast Tourney? - Mag!cGuy - 12-08-2013 06:16 AM

I'd be in Smile as long as there aren't too many matches to play at the same time Smile

RE: Play Fast Tourney? - lawtai - 12-08-2013 06:19 AM

heh good point, maybe only play 1 round at a time or something like that.

RE: Play Fast Tourney? - [PETA] Doodat - 12-08-2013 06:43 AM

I'd do it

RE: Play Fast Tourney? - HuskyPete - 12-08-2013 08:17 AM

You know I'm in!

RE: Play Fast Tourney? - izzilla - 12-08-2013 10:15 AM

I'd love a fast tourney!
izzilla

RE: Play Fast Tourney? - Flarp55 - 12-08-2013 01:26 PM

I'm in
but can we have vacation days?
because I can't play on Tuesdays
and some other days

RE: Play Fast Tourney? - lawtai - 12-08-2013 01:51 PM

Hmm, I'm not sure vacation days would work as that would essentially drag games on...

RE: Play Fast Tourney? - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 12-12-2013 05:33 AM

I think this type of tournament, while interesting, may not work out logistically.

But the spirit is to play a game quickly, right?

You could try a variant, which is play multiple games fast.

Each person plays the other person for a lot of games, say 10, but each turn you are only allowed to spent a minute or so to do (honor system of course).

This way, you are kinda playing "fast" and the time to finish a game is quick if you averaged it. (10 games might take 1 week to finish, but that's sorta like 1 game a day).

That's the only way I can think of doing this with the same sorta spirit that you want. This also allows people to take short periods off (1 day or 2 days) if they have to.

RE: Play Fast Tourney? - lawtai - 12-12-2013 05:38 AM

Interesting idea of playing 10 games against 1 person and all of them being played fast. What other issues do you see logistically other than people not having the time to take a move a day?