One Man Left Studios Community Forums
The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1. [Winner: Doodat] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1. [Winner: Doodat] (/showthread.php?tid=2656)

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - jesusfuentesh - 03-11-2014 06:53 AM

I am sorry, but I think I am the right person to talk about a organizer wanting a tournament to go on. Don't make me come up with some examples. Setting a deadline is the best thing in these cases for sure.

Why don't you even set 1 or 2 days as a deadline? It's a very abrupt decision from you buddy. A group-phase match is as important as a final match.

Will you consider different rules for them being the same tourney? Confused

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - [PETA] Doodat - 03-11-2014 07:00 AM

Okay, my problem is that it's been 10 days since he said he would send me a game soon. The game I sent before timed out during the first two days, and he hasn't contacted since then.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - jesusfuentesh - 03-11-2014 07:00 AM

I know we are different people and have different thoughts. But I learned that every time I made an abrupt decision in the clan tournament, every time, I realized it was a damage for the community and many came up with many ideas and stuff and I used to make a biassed decision considering everyone's idea for the community's sake. Come on buddy. Give him at least some hours

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - [PETA] Doodat - 03-11-2014 07:02 AM

Okay. I'm completely fine with waiting another week, I'm just giving what I've seen so far. I don't like winning by forfeit either.

I just find it a bit weird that he would just leave like that in the finals without saying much.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - Mag!cGuy - 03-11-2014 07:06 AM

You did not understand.

The Elite championship is only a round robin tournament. I didn't oblige people to start all their games at once, which is normal, but I had not set any limit to this either. When it happened that people still didn't start some of their games many times after the beginning after the tourney, there was actually no deadline, so nothing was actually telling these players were wrong. Deadline in such round robins are absolutely necessary, to set a limit, to make sure everything goes well, because with 15 players and 10 times more matches it's hard to make sure everything will start in time.

Here, I will repeat it over and over again, I had no reason to set up a deadline, because it is a finale. What a finale implies is that the two players are active, aren't just passing by as some players you will meet in the first stage. A finale implies that if you can't play, you tell it. It's as simple as that. The tournament is waiting for this finale, these are the most important matches of the tournament, so if you have something preventing you from playing, you warn someone.
Furthermore, I read that 23swarm was about to send his games. Fine! How do you want me to imagine that he would actually time out. No tournament ever set a deadline for a finale.

edit: 10 days? So, it's conrfirming what I thought, he is inactive. Even if I had set a deadline, and a kind one, 23swarm would have been disqualified. Sorry mate, but there is clearly no reason to change my decision. I have to agree it's a very bad ending, but as I said, it's not up to me.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - jesusfuentesh - 03-11-2014 07:06 AM

(03-11-2014 07:02 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  Okay. I'm completely fine with waiting another week, I'm just giving what I've seen so far. I don't like winning by forfeit either.

Doodat I know you would play and want a good match. But I also know it's Magic's decision, and whether it's A or B, it'll be that.

My complaint is the fact that there wasn't any warning/deadline before calling one of you as the winner, having not played his frat turns

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - Mag!cGuy - 03-11-2014 07:09 AM

10 days. Only this justifies the lack of warning. Smile

Anyway. While I will never agree on the fact I had to set up a deadline, I accept to give him one day to show off.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - [PETA] Doodat - 03-11-2014 07:10 AM

You know it kind of sucks when I think about it. I played one match in the bracket then won by forfeit in the semis against chaser (who still isn't back), and I really don't want to win by forfeit against 23swarm. Can I request you set a time limit Mag!c?

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - jesusfuentesh - 03-11-2014 07:12 AM

23swarm said he would send the invite but he didn't. Why didn't you give him a deadline but made sudh a fast decision instead?

Ok pal. Do what you seem it's fair.

I realize you don't put on other people's shoes. But that's ok it usually happens.

Peace.

Congratulations Doodat

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - Mag!cGuy - 03-11-2014 07:13 AM

(03-11-2014 07:09 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Anyway. While I will never agree on the fact I had to set up a deadline, I accept to give him one day to show off.

edit: I decide to let him three days to show up. Let's be less strict, and also correct some grammar mistake. Tongue