One Man Left Studios Community Forums
The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1. [Winner: Doodat] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1. [Winner: Doodat] (/showthread.php?tid=2656)

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 03-11-2014 05:51 AM

Oh sorry, then you win. No reason to wait more, if the games timed out that means he is inactive.

It is really sad to have so many games forfeited in the finale phase, it kinda removed the epicness of it.

Anyway, congratulations DOODAT for winning the Soon To Be Elite Championship!

I don't think there will ever be a second season of this. I have just enough time to run one tournament, and the elite championship met more success. There have been too many drop outs in this tournament, mainly because a great part of the players weren't on the forum before they came to sign up.

And doodat, you will have your seat there! Stay tuned for the Elite Championship Season 3! Big Grin

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - Pharmafan - 03-11-2014 06:11 AM

Congrats, Doodat!

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - Chemoeum - 03-11-2014 06:12 AM

Doodat, u diddat.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - jesusfuentesh - 03-11-2014 06:19 AM

What...? A very poor end I say.

I think he should be given an opportunity. In the last tourneys many players have been given chances considering their real life.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - lawtai - 03-11-2014 06:22 AM

Why should he be given an opportunity when he made no effort to communicate with anyone else on the forums that he would've been busy? Or at least even with Doodat in one of the games that Doodat started with him?

Also, it wasn't like he disappeared when his last visit to the forums was on 03-08-2014 07:19 PM

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - jesusfuentesh - 03-11-2014 06:22 AM

Actually I think you (Mag!c) should've set a deadline before making a final decision. I know maybe you are in a hurry because Elite tourney has finished, but making a decision this way looks very rough IMO.

In fact, I might contact and message him.

(03-11-2014 06:22 AM)lawtai Wrote:  Why should he be given an opportunity when he made no effort to communicate with anyone else on the forums that he would've been busy? Or at least even with Doodat in one of the games that Doodat started with him?

Why should Magic make a decision without posting a official deadline so their friends let him know just in case there is something happening in real life.

Doodat is my friend and so is 23swarm. But defenitely making a decision without saying anything before is very very rough.

In sports, warnings are usually given when there is a case like this.

For example in Ukraine and Venezuela there has been going on many sabotage cases in The Internet because of political affairs. I don't know where he's from but.. I'll send him an email and try to contact him... It's just I really see it unfair buddies.

Swift decisions have been criticized in the last tourneys and when they come up moderators have usually given chances or stated a official deadline, having consideration with both sides.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - Mag!cGuy - 03-11-2014 06:44 AM

He timed out, what do you want me to do? He didn't even time out by any tournament rules, he timed out by the game itself. If he doesn't respond within 4 days, even though he knew he was in the finale of this tourney, that means he is inactive. I don't see why I should have set deadlines, in this case. 23swarm said he would send the games "very soon", so I was like "okay, nice". I had no reason to set up a deadline because it appeared that everything went fine. And damn, it is a finale, so both players should obviously be active. Then I see today that 23swarm actually disapeared. It's not up to me, it was up to him, now the decision is taken. Adding a deadline is pointless, the time out already happened. Smile

I already have explained my point of view on this, and I won't change it. Other players do agree with me. When you sign up in a tournament, that means you will play, show sign of life. If, for some reasons, you can't, then tell it. That's what other plays did, and everything went fine. Obviously people have lives, and we can't blame one for this. But you can't blame the tournament organizer who actually wants the tournament to go on to take decision over people who are not there. 23swarm didn't reply to doodat by any mean, he didn't send a game back to apologize, I haven't been pm'ed for anything. That means he is inactive. So Doodat wins by forfeit. I understand your concern, but what is happening here is pretty clear.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - [PETA] Doodat - 03-11-2014 06:44 AM

I agree that that was a bit abrupt. But 23swarm did tell me he was going to start them soon and it has been a while. I think that mag!c should have set a time limit a bit earlier, would have been better.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - jesusfuentesh - 03-11-2014 06:47 AM

Ok maybe I am confused? He timed out all the matches having played his first turn?

If they didn't even start the matches, of course you should've set a deadline before making such a big decision

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - Mag!cGuy - 03-11-2014 06:52 AM

He timed out when Doodat sent his games.

Why even setting up a deadline? Have you ever seen a tournament in this forum setting up a deadline for a finale? Nope, and here I had no more reason to do it. When I see someone is about to send his games, there is no point in adding a deadline. Deadlines are for group phases, for phases with many players, not for a finale with two people being active on the forum who went through all phases to land there.

I was wrong not to set up a deadline for the elite championship, because here it had a real point and it caused trouble, but in this case you won't be able to find any reason why I had to set up a deadline. Wink