One Man Left Studios Community Forums
The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1. [Winner: Doodat] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1. [Winner: Doodat] (/showthread.php?tid=2656)

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 12-16-2013 05:48 AM

haha ok husky Smile

Yeah spacechef, since each one starts a game as P1 against the other, it doesn't matter Smile

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - lawtai - 12-16-2013 11:16 AM

Game 1 against husky Pete

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAuM3J_woM

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - erikpdumont - 12-17-2013 03:00 AM

Cool.. this game is really proof positive of the idea that all things being equal, if you both follow the same strategy without error or deviation, P1 will win by virtue of going first. The only real difference that I noticed was that lawtai had an additional soldier guarding his back side, whereas Husky Pete did not. Curious what others think - seems like if you're P2 and notice you and your opponent are following the same strategy, you have to do something to throw it off - any creative ideas from the crowd? Seems like around Turn 8 it was probably obvious they were both planning the same thing, and could've been the chance for Husky Pete to change the trajectory of the match.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - HuskyPete - 12-17-2013 03:11 AM

Yeah I should have spawned one soldier. I think that would have swing the edge to me. I had in my head that player 2 has the attack edge here. But lawtai knows I am thinking that by virtue of our friendlies and he wisely followed his plan of attack. When I realized he was attacking too I thought great, I got him. Wrong answer lol. It was interesting though. I've never played a game here where both players simultaneously go for attack on opposite sides. I learned a valuable lesson! Wish I learned it the day before ;-)

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - [PETA] Doodat - 12-17-2013 03:36 AM

(12-17-2013 03:00 AM)erikpdumont Wrote:  Cool.. this game is really proof positive of the idea that all things being equal, if you both follow the same strategy without error or deviation, P1 will win by virtue of going first. The only real difference that I noticed was that lawtai had an additional soldier guarding his back side, whereas Husky Pete did not. Curious what others think - seems like if you're P2 and notice you and your opponent are following the same strategy, you have to do something to throw it off - any creative ideas from the crowd? Seems like around Turn 8 it was probably obvious they were both planning the same thing, and could've been the chance for Husky Pete to change the trajectory of the match.

P2 should have advantage attacking on sweetie plains if played right. You can send an extra soldier to defend or attack because of the extra 3 wits as p2, should be the decider between defending one more turn or attacking one less turn.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 12-17-2013 03:56 AM

I think this could have gone either way, and P2 could have won this if he had played the last two turns differently. It still would've been close, but I think he could have held him off while pushing and ended up winning.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - lawtai - 12-17-2013 06:09 AM

I think a big differences was that even though he outnumbered me 3 soldiers + 1 runner vs 3 soldiers, my soldiers were ahead by 1 hex, so I could take out his soldier where as he only took out my runner when he took my wit space. Being that 1 hex closer allowed me to get to the base faster I think.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - HuskyPete - 12-17-2013 06:50 AM

(12-17-2013 06:09 AM)lawtai Wrote:  I think a big differences was that even though he outnumbered me 3 soldiers + 1 runner vs 3 soldiers, my soldiers were ahead by 1 hex, so I could take out his soldier where as he only took out my runner when he took my wit space. Being that 1 hex closer allowed me to get to the base faster I think.

*nods head sadly

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - HuskyPete - 12-17-2013 11:13 PM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA-K262goM

Good game. Crazy long battle

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - lawtai - 12-17-2013 11:14 PM

Gg. I probably shouldn't have pulled my units back early on, but I was thinking you had a scrambler hiding.