One Man Left Studios Community Forums
The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1. [Winner: Doodat] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1. [Winner: Doodat] (/showthread.php?tid=2656)

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - fruit slicing master - 11-02-2013 01:13 PM

Sorry guys. I'm still here. I'll try and get most of my games going before Sunday

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Midview2000 - 11-02-2013 02:37 PM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4O3KiwoM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoLW2jAoM

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Payton227 - 11-02-2013 05:49 PM

Not sure why I can't invite Canyon 357. Don't really care if I play him or not but I didn't want to make people wait for my game to finish. I only joined this thing because I thought it would just be one game I would lose and be done. Had I known I had to lose 8 I would never have signed up.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 11-02-2013 06:44 PM

Hello payton!

Well, the format/rules had been decided even before the sign ups were opened, so before signing up you could have checked the first post of this topic to know where you'd be going Smile I agree though that most of outwitters tourneys are single elimination format and not round robin one, but I have chosen round robin because everyone plays more matches and the whole tourney ends way more quickly.

But, you feel underconfident about your skills, am I wrong? Don't play with the idea that you are gonna lose, because that's how you really are going to lose Tongue
Concentrate more when you play your turns, spend a bit more of time thinking, and make sure you crush everyone facing you! You have to be motivated if you wanna improve ^^ And if you don't understand a loss, don't hesitate to ask in the discussion thread feedbacks about your play.

What is the message appearing when you wanna invite canyon?

(11-02-2013 01:13 PM)fruit slicing master Wrote:  Sorry guys. I'm still here. I'll try and get most of my games going before Sunday

As soon as you show you are here, it's fine! Smile

By the way everyone, I will make a suggestion about the finale format of this tourney:

The two best of each group will be qualified into a single elimination bracket. The seeds won't be random, for example the first of group 1 will meet the second of group 3, and so on.
The round of 8 will be bo3 (best of three: that means you play against your opponent three times on the same map, and the one winning two games wins the whole match), the semi-finale will also be bo3, and the finale bo5.

Any suggestion/better idea? Smile

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Payton227 - 11-02-2013 07:30 PM

No, I wasn't complaining about the format, just saying that I knew I would get crushed but thought it would be one and done. I only have like 130 total points so I am pretty bad at this. Not even sure why I am in gifted league but I lose way more than I win since I was put there. It is like his name doesn't exist, but it is 257 in one place on here and 357 in another. I found a guy with Canyon357 with no space but he wouldn't answer me that he was the right player.

If I don't play him will it mess up the scoring for him compared to people who did play and beat me? If not, then I really don't care if I find him or not.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 11-02-2013 08:30 PM

I'm sorry again I mistyped his name in two different ways ^^' His gc id is:
Canyon357. So, you met the right player. Smile

I know you weren't complaining!

I know how you feel, as for losing way more than winning, and I know how discouraging it is to feel you don't deserve to be where you are. I have been stuck in clever and then in gifted for such a long time! My way to stop such a series was to think like this:

- Let's restart all of this in my mind: I have 0 wins 0 losses, my hidden rating skill is reseted, and now I DO want to prove myself I am a gifted.
- I lose a lot, so I have a lot of things to improve. From now, I will spend more time to think my turns. But that's not enough: I will invite some top players to play with me, and hope to learn from it, and if I feel they won't be annoyed by it, ask feedbacks/advices. I will go on Outwitters Sports Network, and watch super titan's replays to see what are the standard strategies on each map, and understand why they work/how they got countered/etc.
I will also rewatch each game I have won/lost and understand what happened, what I did well and what I did wrong.
-Aaaand I will be optimistic. Thinking you have chances to win always helps to win a bit more than when you start with the idea you can't do anything else than losing. Here, two players, chas3r and sidioud, thought you gave up way too early, and I agree! If you come in a tournament, you have to fight as much as possible to get the win, don't give free wins due to your lack of confidence in your level. ^.^

Oh and points have no meaning. Indeed, the more you play, the more you have points, there is no direct relation point/skill. So the first of your division is not necessarly one of the best gifted!

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Gf!sh - 11-02-2013 08:52 PM

(11-02-2013 08:30 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Oh and points have no meaning. Indeed, the more you play, the more you have points, there is no direct relation point/skill. So the first of your division is not necessarly one of the best gifted!

On the contrary, the better players can often be found at the bottom of the list due to fighting lots of masters.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Jamay235 - 11-02-2013 09:06 PM

(11-02-2013 07:30 PM)Payton227 Wrote:  No, I wasn't complaining about the format, just saying that I knew I would get crushed but thought it would be one and done. I only have like 130 total points so I am pretty bad at this. Not even sure why I am in gifted league but I lose way more than I win since I was put there. It is like his name doesn't exist, but it is 257 in one place on here and 357 in another. I found a guy with Canyon357 with no space but he wouldn't answer me that he was the right player.

If I don't play him will it mess up the scoring for him compared to people who did play and beat me? If not, then I really don't care if I find him or not.

What Mag!c wrote is so true. I will just add that whatever happens, you'll learn a lot in this tournament by playing. I might be the last on my group, still, it doesn't matter, I'll try to give my best even with the Super Titan player. Watching ST replays on OSN before a match might give you an idea how to play it. Or play it like you feel it if you prefer. You'll still learn a lot after if you ask people to comment on your games. You can only improve :-)

Btw, I'm a little late to start my matches. I'll try to do the more I can before Sunday.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - BigFatBurn - 11-02-2013 11:59 PM

Oh I'm too late!!

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - 23swarm - 11-03-2013 12:57 AM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4O2T5ggM