One Man Left Studios Community Forums
The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1. [Winner: Doodat] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1. [Winner: Doodat] (/showthread.php?tid=2656)

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 11-01-2013 01:14 AM

Don't worry lawtai it won't haha Smile

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - spacechef - 11-01-2013 01:39 AM

GCID AsuSUCKS isn't valid. Not having any luck finding user on the forums either.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - .Memories. - 11-01-2013 01:39 AM

Well - I was not expecting this when I got up this morning. Now, if I beat either of the two that beat me, I will feel extremely guilty. Almost to the point of I want to just let them win Confused

We'll see what happens, I guess.

(11-01-2013 01:39 AM)spacechef Wrote:  GCID AsuSUCKS isn't valid. Not having any luck finding user on the forums either.

We think his GC ID is: ASUsux.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - spacechef - 11-01-2013 01:42 AM

(10-28-2013 01:54 AM)asuSUCKS Wrote:  I'd like a spot
Screen name: asuSUCKS
League: Gifted

Found it, post #74.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - lawtai - 11-01-2013 01:47 AM

I didn't think capitalization mattered?

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - [PETA] Doodat - 11-01-2013 01:50 AM

(11-01-2013 12:36 AM)Jamay235 Wrote:  What I don't understand is the reason why we needed to change all players on all maps. You know we can take hours thinking of a strategy depending on the player against you. Now I'll need to restart that again. I am playing against three masters and one Super Titan. Not playing the map I hate the most was cool. Now I'm playing it. We can't change totally everything when it's already begun. Some changes were necessary, I know, but even if it's really nice to play this tournament, we have a life too^^.

There are a finite number of combinations the match ups can be made, and if you want the fairest combination possible, it is likely that sometimes you will get a map you do not like. This is unfortunate; however, Mag!cGuy is trying to give everyone the equal playing field on P1 and P2 terms. It won't be perfect, but it is the best he can do. Since he is the tournament director, we have to respect his choice to restart the tournament.

(11-01-2013 01:47 AM)lawtai Wrote:  I didn't think capitalization mattered?

It doesn't matter, he was trying to find the name of the forum person.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 11-01-2013 02:03 AM

Thanks doodat. I have to be honest jamay, your own interests are not what I take into account when I try to solve a real problem. Because you now play on a map you don't like, my decision is bad?

What would have consulting people changed? As I already said, there was no other solution. I am not happy to mess up people's planning you know. As I already said aswell, and as random task justly repeated, waiting more would have let people play more turns of games that would anyway have to be cancelled, which is even more problematic.

You also should say "I" instead of "we". I don't know anyone spending hours thinking about his strategy following his opponent's level/play style, except some like pharmafan or LER4T. It's not needed to do so, but if you want to do it, okay! Just don't blame me for that please. I can't manage the tourney to please every single preference of each participant, and some players had way more serious matchmaking problem due to myself. I apologized several times, now let's get the ball rolling and play the tourney which will now have no problem anymore.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Zeke2100 - 11-01-2013 02:05 AM

I want to be in tournament. Gifted league. Game Center I'd: --zlove18--

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - [PETA] Doodat - 11-01-2013 02:12 AM

I know Jamay has been spending hours to think about her moves. That's not in question. She made a valid complaint. That's fine. We just don't need to take it any farther, so let's really just stop arguing. Each person has their own positives and negatives.

Zeke: the signups are closed.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 11-01-2013 02:20 AM

I don't think it has been question of argument anywhere doodat? Have I been agressive? If I sounded like it, I apologize but I didn't mean to do so.

I didn't say I didn't believe her, I said it was not my fault if she spent hours thinking, simply. I won't influence my decisions because of one player who takes a lot of time to think.