One Man Left Studios Community Forums
The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1. [Winner: Doodat] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1. [Winner: Doodat] (/showthread.php?tid=2656)

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 10-31-2013 11:28 PM

Well sorry I did not imagine one would take this as a big deal...

All groups were affected because the swapping problem happenned in all groups. This was the best to do I think. The only true problem is that you can see it as a loss of time, but we are no way on a hurry so it doesn't even matter. If you have fun playing the game then I don't see why you would mind playing again your matches? Those matches aren't the achievement of your outwitters career so maybe you could see all of this in a positive way? Would be cool mate. Smile

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - amoffett11 - 10-31-2013 11:32 PM

(10-31-2013 11:28 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Well sorry I did not imagine one would take this as a big deal...

All groups were affected because the swapping problem happenned in all groups. This was the best to do I think. The only true problem is that you can see it as a loss of time, but we are no way on a hurry so it doesn't even matter. If you have fun playing the game then I don't see why you would mind playing again your matches? Those matches aren't the achievement of your outwitters career so maybe you could see all of this in a positive way? Would be cool mate. Smile

I'd rather you didn't put words in my mouth. It's not like I'm not going to continue in the tournament, or that I'm going to complain throughout the rest, but I don't have to see something in a positive way if it's not a positive thing. I just think there may have been a better solution than hitting the reset button so quickly.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 10-31-2013 11:40 PM

There was no better and simple solutions.

I did it quickly because the more I had waited, the more participants would have finished their battles or simply taken their turn.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - amoffett11 - 10-31-2013 11:50 PM

(10-31-2013 11:40 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  There was no better and simple solutions.

I did it quickly because the more I had waited, the more participants would have finished their battles or simply taken their turn.

I think it could have been paused though. And more finished battles or more taken turns isn't an issue if you're just going to restart everything anyways.

I think in the future the better solution (although not simpler) is to not use Challonge, it seems to choose who is the top or bottom (P1/P2) randomly, and it seems like even the moderator doesn't have enough control over it. I noticed awpertunity mention in the Elite tournament that he's P2 9 out of 14 games. It's more work, but the best way is probably to do what GFish did for the All Round All Stars or Awpertunity for the Winter World Cup, and use spreadsheets. You can still figure out a way to randomize the matchups and then just input them in the spreadsheet.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Jamay235 - 11-01-2013 12:36 AM

What I don't understand is the reason why we needed to change all players on all maps. You know we can take hours thinking of a strategy depending on the player against you. Now I'll need to restart that again. I am playing against three masters and one Super Titan. Not playing the map I hate the most was cool. Now I'm playing it. We can't change totally everything when it's already begun. Some changes were necessary, I know, but even if it's really nice to play this tournament, we have a life too^^.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - =) Random Task (= - 11-01-2013 12:48 AM

we can start over as long as I can carry forward my 3 wins Smile

just kidding.... Its a pity we have to restart but if you say thats the only way to keep the competition from falling apart I guess we have to live with it. I don't know if I will manage to achieve to beat Memories again.... but I feel with you, Mag!c. It seems organizing a tourney so that everything works out perfectly and everyone is happy isn't as easy as one would think before having tried.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - HuskyPete - 11-01-2013 12:52 AM

They can never take that victory from your heart lol

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Jamay235 - 11-01-2013 12:54 AM

Well if we need to start everything again, why not wait until we are sure the mysterious players (gcid not working) will be there or wait for replacements. Then redo the groups again randomly like if it was a new tournament? I know organizing things it's sometimes complicated, but you are the first to say that consulting people before taking a big decision is important. I'll still play whatever happens.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - =) Random Task (= - 11-01-2013 01:01 AM

(11-01-2013 12:52 AM)HuskyPete Wrote:  They can never take that victory from your heart lol

hahaha, thats true Smile

(11-01-2013 12:54 AM)Jamay235 Wrote:  Well if we need to start everything again, why not wait until we are sure the mysterious players (gcid not working) will be there or wait for replacements. Then redo the groups again randomly like if it was a new tournament? I know organizing things it's sometimes complicated, but you are the first to say that consulting people before taking a big decision is important. I'll still play whatever happens.

I guess Mag!c wanted to keep the ball rolling and not let everyone wait... with so many participants other players would probably go missing over time...

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - lawtai - 11-01-2013 01:13 AM

Well, Husky and I finished our rematch game. Hopefully it's not put on hold again...

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4M3loAgM