One Man Left Studios Community Forums
The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1. [Winner: Doodat] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1. [Winner: Doodat] (/showthread.php?tid=2656)

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - ===HDufus=== - 10-31-2013 04:16 PM

game says player JEHmonkey doesn't exist on a search to invite.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - [PETA] Doodat - 10-31-2013 04:24 PM

Yes, that's a problem. Unfortunately, unless he comes back, we have no way of confirming his GCID. It's a possibility that Mag!cGuy can pull some Magic, but for now, just hold on.

If it comes down to it, we might have another replacement.

This was probably one of the best played games so far.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4NKAtQkM

With the exception of the one mistake.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - infinitepure - 10-31-2013 05:12 PM

Thanks, I made some comments in my post on that game regarding my thoughts (:

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 10-31-2013 05:28 PM

(10-31-2013 01:06 PM)Midview2000 Wrote:  Just an FYI to Chas3r926... There are specific maps and positions to each round. In our match we weren't supposed to play peekaboo and I was supposed to start it. In no way do I want to play over as he definitely won, just want to make sure people are aware of specificity of map and match starter. Midview2000

You are absolutely right, you were supposed to play on long nine being P1. It has nothing to do with my modifications on the brackets since I only changed a half of the foundry matches. Thus, chas3r's victory is cancelled and you have to start the game. Thank you for pointing it out!

Wait, Husky, a matchup on another round changed too? What the heck have I done... I should try features before launching the tourney and not when the touney started. So, I don't know what happened for chas3r VS midview, I guess chas3r did right because it was the previous matchup.

Ok so:

If your match has already started, finish it. I will simply report in the brackets who won, not caring about the map or who was P1/P2. If your match has not started, do what the new brackets say. So, husky, it will be weird but you have to start your third foundry match as P1.

Edit: I'm very tempted to restart the tournament. I have made a mistake and the problems will continue to come because of challonge's complicated management... What do you guys think? A lot of matches already ended, but I feel like restarting on good bases is better.

As for JEHmonkey and asuSUCKS, I will send them PM and try to understand what's going on.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Xerozen - 10-31-2013 08:49 PM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoM_V6woM

I'm 5 games in I think but I don't have a problem restarting, we're playing for fun afterall. If you were giving out cash prizes it would be a lot different!

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 10-31-2013 08:51 PM

This is exactly what I thought, the participants can see this as a way to play more games thus have even more fun in this tourney Tongue

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Chas3r 926 - 10-31-2013 08:52 PM

I think restarting it was fine since I did start the games I was supposed to, but then I noticed they changed, it just swapped two games. But restarting it isn't a bad idea, it's a learning experience

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 10-31-2013 09:23 PM

So, to make the whole tourney simpler and to ensure there won't be many problems due to a mistake from myself, the tournaments completely restarts.

All results will be removed, I will shuffle the seed again to make most of players meet on different maps, won't change any P1/P2 stuff.

You have to cancel all your on-going games, and directly start your new matches. Since, as xerozen said, there is no cash prize, I don't think there is any particular harm done as for the results being cancelled.

Have fun everyone, and sorry for the inconvenience! Blush Gifted League Master League

As for our two anonymous: I found a "ASUsux" on OSN, which has 99% of chances to be the new nickname of asuSUCKS, so you can try to invite this id. Smile

I sent a PM to jehmonkey to ask him what was his id was, since I can't tell from OSN what could be his gc id.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Xerozen - 10-31-2013 09:33 PM

You may want to edit the front page post with a link to that comment and just put a note like... Tourny restarts as of 8am est on 10/31

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 10-31-2013 09:34 PM

I just did, and the tourney restarts immediatly, there is no need to wait!

By the way, thanks doodat for being my assistant, you are answering (or try to) to all the problems while I am sleeping. Big Grin