One Man Left Studios Community Forums
The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1. [Winner: Doodat] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1. [Winner: Doodat] (/showthread.php?tid=2656)

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - Jamay235 - 10-29-2013 11:49 AM

(10-29-2013 10:16 AM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  What's the map for round 9?

Good question^^ Tongue

(10-29-2013 11:17 AM).Memories. Wrote:  I guess. He said it was because a lot of people were asking about Foundry in coaching - that it's a challenging map that gifted and masters usually have a tough time with.

(10-28-2013 05:30 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  edit: I have just checked on challonge, and having a group of 9 players means having 9 rounds, and not 8. Thus I will add the map Foundry for Round 9, because it must be the map where I got the most of invites when I was coaching, since it gives a lot of difficulties to gifted/ a big part of master players. I will manage the brackets (it is now possible to drag the players' name in the bracket, what an awesome feature) so that each player gets to be P1 and P2 on this map.

Here it is, at the bottom of post #99.

Oh I just saw that. Cool.

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - HuskyPete - 10-29-2013 12:04 PM

I'm excited. Thanks for setting this up!

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - Mag!cGuy - 10-29-2013 04:51 PM

(10-29-2013 10:08 AM)Jamay235 Wrote:  
(10-28-2013 03:22 AM)S592000 Wrote:  I'll be part of it.
Gc id:S59200
Gifted #4

I just saw a little mistake on the list. His GCID is S59200 like written here. Not S592000. Poor him if he never receives invitation :-).

(10-29-2013 08:48 AM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  I'm excited! I love watching replays (and I'll make comments if people want).

Cool :-)

Aha I did not notice there was a "0" difference between his forum and in game name!

To all others, memories answered in my place ^^

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - Ch0pchop14 - 10-29-2013 05:06 PM

I would like to sign up for the Elite Tournament.
Followed the link here.
GC: ch0pchop14

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - Mag!cGuy - 10-29-2013 06:40 PM

I am sorry chopchop, but the sign ups are closed. Though, you will be second on the replacement list, and I will tell you if a spot gets free Smile

Okay everything is set now. No one will be P1 or P2 twice on Foundry.

The tournaments begins!

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - Sidious - 10-29-2013 07:27 PM

Really get excited to play my first tourney.

As I think I'm not the only one to play a tournament for the first time, would you explain what "robin matches" means please.

If I understand everything, when lines up will be set, P1 as to invite his opponent on the map decided by Mag!c ?
Does we have to make a "revenge" and another game in case of tie ?
Can you wonfirm that there is no race restriction ?

Sorry for thos newbie questions but I think I'm not the only one to ask myself Smile
I don't want to make mistakes Smile

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 10-29-2013 07:32 PM

No problem, I am indeed not precise enough in the rules!

Round robin matches is a format where everyone plays against everyone, as you see in the matchups link. You may play all your matches at once, round 2 doesn't need to wait for the end of round 1 to start.

P1 is the one that is at the top of the match in the challonge bracket. When you are P1, you check the map I have assigned to each round and you invite the player whom you are against. (for example, at round 5, you are P1 against Twig Man Sam. That means you will have to invite him in a friendly on peekaboo). When you are P2, you simply wait for the invite. Smile

There is no revenge, you only play each opponent once, because that would imply too many games otherwise.

I do confirm there is no race restriction!

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Sidious - 10-29-2013 07:42 PM

Thanks !
Let's fight then :]

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Twig Man Sam - 10-29-2013 10:15 PM

Sidious started a match with me this morning as I was heading into work, definitely exciting stuff! Smile

RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Sidious - 10-29-2013 10:55 PM

Yep, I'm at work too, so I definitly take a really bad start :]
hf Mister ^^