One Man Left Studios Community Forums
The Elite Championship - Season 2 [WINNER: PHARMAFAN] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [WINNER: PHARMAFAN] (/showthread.php?tid=2632)

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Thrutchy - 10-23-2013 09:53 PM

That's why he's been missing from our clan - he defected and went off and started his own clan!

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Mag!cGuy - 10-24-2013 01:22 AM

First blood Smile

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAwKy9ywkM

I actually think I was a bit lucky on that one.. Gg master!

Aaand a loss. Fighting against adorable on reaper is so tough.. Knowing what your opponent is doing is impossible, you have to watch out for your runners and snipers constantly, you are kinda obliged to be behind in unit count (and after some time in wit count, because moving your units each turn is costly) ... I did errors obviously, a lot, but most of them were provoked by the mobility of awpertunity. The only errors really due to myself I see are when I didn't move back my soldier at turn 9, and when I suicided a 2hp runner at turn 15. Awpertunity played very well obviously, but I don't understand how to be even with adorable as for sight, mobility and map control.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAwJKw7AgM

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 10-24-2013 10:10 AM

Hey...um, I had a silly question.

When someone invites you to a friendly game, do you as P2 get to see what team they chose before you choose your team and start the game?

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - [PETA] Doodat - 10-24-2013 11:07 AM

(10-24-2013 10:10 AM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  Hey...um, I had a silly question.

When someone invites you to a friendly game, do you as P2 get to see what team they chose before you choose your team and start the game?

Unfortunately, no. Or rather, fortunately. Could be either way^^

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Mag!cGuy - 10-24-2013 06:25 PM

No! Would be unfair that P2 knew P1's race whereas P1 wouldn't know what race P2 was going to use.

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 10-25-2013 02:10 AM

Oh, ok! Good, that's fair not to see.

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - awpertunity - 10-25-2013 12:14 PM

gg Alan

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAwPbixAkM

I was very worried to see I was against scalli and figured a rush would be the only way to go and fortunately it just barely worked out!

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Mag!cGuy - 10-26-2013 03:35 AM

I absolutely don't understand what I should have done here.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAwKLf0wsM

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 10-26-2013 03:38 AM

[Image: hexmap_wargarden.jpg]

I can give my thought process on this game and maybe a possible option you could have tried?

I was actually very worried when you chose Scallies. If you got a BS defensively, it would have been a losing battle for me I think.

Since I believed you were going for an early BS on G9, and knew you enough wits (9-10) to do it, on Turn 5, I purposely made the somewhat wit inefficient runner trade and moved soldiers up to put pressure on you, because I knew it would take you 1-2 wits to get rid of the runner, and you probably wouldn't be able to get your BS in position.

I think turn 6 you could have played differently. I would have tried to spawn a sniper as soon as possible in anticipation of an attack or so you can attack. You probably would have had to:

1. Move 3 HP soldier from E9 to G9
2. Move 4 HP soldier from F8 to H8
3. Move medic to I8
4. Spawn sniper and move to H9

Ultimately, I'm not sure how it would have worked out, but it would have made my attack much harder, since that sniper can now move to attack or defend. But once I saw that you did not spawn a sniper, I knew I could move my soldiers and the heavy up, and that would leave me with a perfect spot for a scramber at C5, safe from all attack and within striking range. With no threat of a sniper, I knew that gave me the 2 turns I would need to spawn a scrambler and be in a good attacking position.

End of your turn 6 would have looked like this:

http://omc.wappdesign.net/756/

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Mag!cGuy - 10-26-2013 06:38 AM

This configuration seems indeed way better!

I did want to go for an early bombshel, but I haven't been wit efficient enough to use it how I at first planned to use it, and your runner really didn't help. I was dead from the turn you advanced your army while I didn't any long range units to defend. Thanks for the tips! Smile

Anyway, this game is one of the most fun I have played on long nine!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAwKKh-wgM