One Man Left Studios Community Forums
The Elite Championship - Season 2 [WINNER: PHARMAFAN] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [WINNER: PHARMAFAN] (/showthread.php?tid=2632)

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Thrutchy - 01-02-2014 05:32 AM

(01-01-2014 08:37 PM)Pharmafan Wrote:  Hi Mag!c! Happy New Year! Smile

Excuse me…..but thruthy is at 10-2, LER4T at 11-3 and I´m at 10-3 actually.

If thruthy wins his final game against GG there will be no tie and thruthy is the new king….if he ends up 11-3 then there will indeed be a tie with LER4T and perhaps if I manage to end up 11-3 also we will have a 3way tie……so it`s a bit early here to start tiebreaker games and perhaps there will never be a tie….

I'm at 11-2 right now. Magic hasn't recorded my win against white dragon yet.

This looks like it will be a photo finish!

Magic, I have a few questions about the tie breaking:
- this is another round robin stage among players tied with the most number of wins, right?
- you will determine the maps ignoring what we have already played and 3 vetoes from each player?
- are the vetoes per match or for the whole stage?
- 1 game per match? If so, how is P1 determined?
- any race restrictions?
- same 4-day time limit applies?
- what if this ends in another tie? I'm guessing this may be likely if there are 3.

Hope you feel better soon, GG!

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Mag!cGuy - 01-02-2014 08:15 AM

- this is another round robin stage among players tied with the most number of wins, right?
Yep, that's it Smile

- you will determine the maps ignoring what we have already played and 3 vetoes from each player?
Exactly.

- are the vetoes per match or for the whole stage?
If there is a 3 way tie, you will veto 3 maps for each of the two matches. There is no link between the veto for the first match and the second one, so it's not because you vetoed Foundry on your first that you won't be allowed to do it on your second.

- 1 game per match? If so, how is P1 determined?
Yes, 1 game per match. The winner of the match you already played will decide whether he wants to be P1 or P2. So, for example, you would chose what you want to be against LER4T and against pharmafan.

- any race restrictions?
No race restriction.

- same 4-day time limit applies?
Yeah!

- what if this ends in another tie? I'm guessing this may be likely if there are 3.
We will see, but I don't think we'll do a second tiebreaker, unless there is no other way to resolve the tie in a fair way. Smile

At season 3 the rules will be way more complete, I shall spend more time at fully elaborating them rather than writing a coloured "elite championship".

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - GreatGonzales - 01-06-2014 01:44 PM

Gg Thrutchy

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA0MvttAkM

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Thrutchy - 01-06-2014 02:12 PM

So, I guess LER4T and I and possibly pharmafan have some tie breaking games to do.

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Pharmafan - 01-06-2014 11:30 PM

(01-06-2014 02:12 PM)Thrutchy Wrote:  So, I guess LER4T and I and possibly pharmafan have some tie breaking games to do.

Yes….now we have officially at least one tie. Well played, GG!

Now we have thrutchy and LER4T both at a final 11-3. I`m at 10-3 (my game vs. Sharugames is not in the brackets yet) and my last one against GG is ongoing.

Really a damn close finish with two or three players at 11-3 and three or four at 10-4! Smile

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Sharugames - 01-07-2014 09:21 AM

GG needs to speedup his gameplay though he's stalling the tourney Smile

But nice victory Smile

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - GreatGonzales - 01-08-2014 10:43 AM

Derp derp

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - GreatGonzales - 01-09-2014 01:08 AM

Don't watch this game. I played so badly. So badly.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAmNKvswsM

Magic decided to bow out rather than continue to the end what would have surely been a very long scally v scally on peekaboo.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAmJL2_gkM

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Pharmafan - 01-11-2014 01:08 AM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA0I-fzgoM

GG GG!

Now we really have the 3 way tie with three of us at 11-3! Smile

I have some questions regarding the tiebrakers, Mag!c:

Hence the remaining matches can't add players to the tie we can start the matches asap, isn't it?
How do vetoes work? The map we played against each other during the tournament is automatically excluded and each player vetoes three other maps. Does one of the players have to veto first and the other can add his vetoes or do both players PM the own vetoes to you and you choose out of the remaining maps?

When do players have to choose who will be P1? After the map has been chosen by you or before?

Thx! Smile

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Mag!cGuy - 01-11-2014 01:25 AM

Good questions pharma.

Here are the three matches played in the tiebreakers:

Pharmafan VS thrutchy
Map: to be decided. Map excluded: Skull Duggery.
Match decider: Thrutchy

LER4T VS thrutchy
Map: to be decided. Map excluded: Glitch.
Match decider: Thrutchy

LER4T VS Pharmafan
Map: to be decided. Map excluded: Sweet Tooth.
Match decider: Pharmafan

The "match decider" is the one who choses his 3 vetoes first. So, he has to post them here, and his opponent will have to veto 3 maps from the 7 maps remaining.
The "match decider" is also the one deciding whether he wants to be P1 or P2. He chooses it once the map is decided.

Since, as you said, no one else can enter in the tiebreakers, we can start already. That means that you have to post your veto for the match against LER4T, and thrutchy for his two matches.