One Man Left Studios Community Forums
The Elite Championship - Season 2 [WINNER: PHARMAFAN] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [WINNER: PHARMAFAN] (/showthread.php?tid=2632)

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - His_Daddy - 12-06-2013 05:33 AM

(12-06-2013 04:12 AM)[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:  You know, casually glancing at the number of times that S1 replays were watched, they're generally in the 20s at most. That implies that nobody is really watching the replays! I would think these would be interesting for people to watch.

Keep in mind that if someone watched a replay more than once it would count each time they watched it.
If you watch it in the app it won't count. But still that may not make a big difference.

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 12-06-2013 05:36 AM

(12-06-2013 05:33 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 04:12 AM)[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:  You know, casually glancing at the number of times that S1 replays were watched, they're generally in the 20s at most. That implies that nobody is really watching the replays! I would think these would be interesting for people to watch.

Keep in mind that if someone watched a replay more than once it would count each time they watched it.
If you watch it in the app it won't count. But still that may not make a big difference.

If you watch it in the app from OSN? Or if you watched one of your own replays from the app?

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - His_Daddy - 12-06-2013 05:41 AM

(12-06-2013 05:36 AM)[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:  If you watch it in the app from OSN? Or if you watched one of your own replays from the app?
yes if you are browsing this forum with apple device and click the replay link in thread, it will automatically launch the app and won't count on OSN.
watch ones own doesn't matter though.

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Torbreck - 12-06-2013 06:12 AM

(12-06-2013 05:41 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 05:36 AM)[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:  If you watch it in the app from OSN? Or if you watched one of your own replays from the app?
yes if you are browsing this forum with apple device and click the replay link in thread, it will automatically launch the app and won't count on OSN.

I would think that would be a lot of people then - I prefer to watch on the iPad unless I'm really looking hard at the wit count for a particular match in which case osn is better.

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 12-06-2013 06:37 AM

(12-06-2013 06:12 AM)Torbreck Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 05:41 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  

I would think that would be a lot of people then - I prefer to watch on the iPad unless I'm really looking hard at the wit count for a particular match in which case osn is better.

I think though that he means that if you clicked on a link from the forum, it would not count, since the link will directly load the replay from the outwitters database. If you clicked on a game from OSN even if you are viewing it from your device, it would probably count I would guess.

But since this is a forum tournament, a large percentage of people would probably only click on the game from the forums.

But that kinda makes me surprised that there are games with 1000s of views...

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Pharmafan - 12-06-2013 07:20 AM

(12-06-2013 03:00 AM)blckace Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 11:18 PM)Pharmafan Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoMqW3goM

GG LER4T!

Excellent play, I think I'm becoming your fan! How come you're not ranked higher in the top 100?

Thanks a lot for this honor, blckace! You`re one of the absolute best players in the world so this is really a very valuable recognition for me…hope I deserve it….Wink

I hadn`t played this game really serious or concentrated enough in the early days (most of my league wins result from the time before we had the rules change to +1Wit for kill…..) and for some reason skipped league play totally in march/april. The Two Mans left Tourney which I entered with HolySab kept me playing a bit and I watched a lot of replays meanwhile (yours also of course...) Smile

In league play I missed completely what I found in this tourney: Competitors which care of other matches and watch the replays and speculate who`s the contender for the win, look for new brackets and so on…. This tourney really brought me back to play this wonderful game and I really thank you, Mag!c, that you brought up the idea and the efforts for hosting this!

And….of course I´m also really looking forward for the Groups Tourney! Very good idea and setup! Also hope that we can mobilize LER4T also!

(12-06-2013 03:57 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  So now it's official, thrutchy, pharmafan and torbreck are now the three players that impress me the most. I'm feeling so tiny in comparison!

LOL Big Grin

But thanks, Mag!c!

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - blckace - 12-06-2013 07:27 AM

the games with thousands of views was when alex accidently posted osn links in the outwitters feed

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Pharmafan - 12-06-2013 07:33 AM

(12-06-2013 06:37 AM)[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:  But that kinda makes me surprised that there are games with 1000s of views...

In early Outwitters days (OhOh….feeling old writing this Tongue) OML sometimes set a wrong hyperlink in the news when they posted a new replay of the week, which leaded direct to the OSN-replay and not the Outwitters one. So every click on the replay on your iDevice created a view on OSN…that`s why some games became so "popular"…..BUT: very interesting to see how huge amounts of players clicked it….isn`t it? Tongue

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Sharugames - 12-06-2013 04:03 PM

(12-06-2013 02:28 AM)Sharugames Wrote:  Anyways started all games where i'm player 1 but still awaiting 1 invitation from:
Trumpet.Alan
he quited this season.
lol dude you surely haven't read through.

[/quote]

Been too Busy hiring and firing people in the office.
Means my win total is growing Big Grin

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA2NSB5AsM

Personally i look at some replays either from tournament listing or here but always on iPhone.

(Yesterday 06:00 PM)blckace Wrote:  
(Yesterday 02:18 PM)Pharmafan Wrote:  
Sweet ToothpharmafanvsLER4T

GG both of you. Believe SS was too passive vs Mobi on a map like this though.

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Pharmafan - 12-06-2013 11:28 PM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAmJ2p_wsM

GG white dr4gon!