One Man Left Studios Community Forums
The Elite Championship - Season 2 [WINNER: PHARMAFAN] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [WINNER: PHARMAFAN] (/showthread.php?tid=2632)

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Thrutchy - 12-05-2013 10:37 PM

LER4T promptly sent me a game after i requested one on the specific map.

Also, he may not play more than a few at once. That's how I like to operate as well. And the original rules suggest that is fine.

I suggest that for next season a time table be put in place for each round. Maybe something like the first N rounds should be started by the end of the first week and each additional month the next M rounds should be started. Knowing this schedule up front is much better than being forced into a situation of playing more games than you like all of the sudden.

(12-05-2013 12:45 PM)Alan Klaus Wrote:  I forfeited all games - including my wins I think to be fair but that's up to you guys.

Sorry to hear that! Real life can get in the way to finishing these tourneys, huh?

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Pharmafan - 12-05-2013 11:18 PM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoMqW3goM

GG LER4T!

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Thrutchy - 12-06-2013 01:22 AM

Great use of 2 mobis! That was fun to watch.

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 12-06-2013 02:13 AM

Wow! Nice match! Great job!

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - poweewee - 12-06-2013 02:19 AM

(12-04-2013 06:05 AM)[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 05:47 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 03:54 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  Gg poweewee! It is long but somehow the most intense SvS game I've played.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAsILT3wsM

That's a lot of medics! Awpertunity and I started with SvS on SweetTooth as well, but agreed we didn't want a long game so when we started a new game and it was AvF. Last time I played SvS on SweetTooth was with Terence and I quit after 100 turns. I don't mind playing with or against Scally's, but SvS can be unbearable on certain maps (especially Peekaboo and SweetTooth).

Yeah, that's why I was surprised it ended so "fast." Maybe Poweewee tried to be more offensive knowing this combination could go on forever.

Not really more offensive, but the placement of the bombshells had to be really accurate. There were a lot of nice ideas from that game. I thought I had the upper hand by being able to advance my BS first, but His_daddy was also able to do the same the following turn. The winning idea was the sniper walking towards the BS. Pretty much forced me to move all in with my attack as well.

I don't like SvS very much, but I honestly enjoyed that game!

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Sharugames - 12-06-2013 02:28 AM

Ok indeed i sometimes logged-in but mainly to see which map i had to play on. (next time sent a private message to each participant please since thats more obvious than the added line on the login page)

Anyways started all games where i'm player 1 but still awaiting 1 invitation from:

Trumpet.Alan

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - His_Daddy - 12-06-2013 02:36 AM

(12-06-2013 02:19 AM)poweewee Wrote:  Not really more offensive, but the placement of the bombshells had to be really accurate. There were a lot of nice ideas from that game.
Thanks!
I give cor13:4 credit for this. After that 360 turn we both have a more thorough understanding of bs placement on sweet tooth.

(12-06-2013 02:28 AM)Sharugames Wrote:  Anyways started all games where i'm player 1 but still awaiting 1 invitation from:
Trumpet.Alan
he quited this season.
lol dude you surely haven't read through.

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 12-06-2013 02:47 AM

(12-06-2013 02:36 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 02:19 AM)poweewee Wrote:  Not really more offensive, but the placement of the bombshells had to be really accurate. There were a lot of nice ideas from that game.
Thanks!
I give cor13:4 credit for this. After that 360 turn we both have a more thorough understanding of bs placement on sweet tooth.

(12-06-2013 02:28 AM)Sharugames Wrote:  Anyways started all games where i'm player 1 but still awaiting 1 invitation from:
Trumpet.Alan
he quited this season.
lol dude you sure haven't read through.

LOL, was it only 360? Somehow in my head it has turned into a 600+ turn game, I must have a horrible memory!

But yeah, we tried just about everything in our game and both had defenses for every type of push. The sniper creeping couldn't have worked once we got into the steady state of our game since we both had runners in the wings just for that situation. It taught me a lot about positioning BSes.

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - His_Daddy - 12-06-2013 02:50 AM

damm, i just changed "sure" to "surely" and you caught me.
I thought that 630 was your typo.. yes it's just 360. I regret we didn't break the record

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 12-06-2013 03:00 AM

(12-06-2013 02:50 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  damm, i just changed "sure" to "surely" and you caught me.
I thought that 630 was your typo.. yes it's just 360. I regret we didn't break the record

One day we just might meet again on Sweet Tooth...<cue ominous music>