One Man Left Studios Community Forums
The Elite Championship - Season 2 [WINNER: PHARMAFAN] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [WINNER: PHARMAFAN] (/showthread.php?tid=2632)

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Pharmafan - 11-26-2013 10:09 PM

(11-26-2013 02:38 PM)Alan Klaus Wrote:  Thanks, Pharma! It was a very interesting sequence there with poweewee.

I regretfully have to withdraw from this tourny. I haven't had time lately and it's not going to get any better in the near future. I would just end up delaying the tournament too far. It's likely best to forfeit even my wins in the interest if fairness.

Many apologies!

OhOh…..that`s really a pity and a loss for the tournament…..are you really sure about this step, trumpet? We lost the first great player with Cor in the early days of this tourney and now the second….? Sad

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Mag!cGuy - 11-27-2013 06:23 AM

Agreed, sad to hear trumpet. Sad

I'm fearing there won't be any season 3 coming after this one ends, because this season is taking waaaaay more time than season 1 and activity squarely fell down again; maybe there will be one after a new update/outwitters 2 or simply if players come back.

Also, as torbreck justly suggested me, I will add a new rule to prevent this tourney from taking too much time:

Any match not started in 3 days will count as a loss for the player supposed to start it.

It is extremely fair since this tournament started almost a month and a half ago.

Brackets updated!

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Torbreck - 11-27-2013 06:53 AM

(11-26-2013 10:09 PM)Pharmafan Wrote:  
(11-26-2013 02:38 PM)Alan Klaus Wrote:  Thanks, Pharma! It was a very interesting sequence there with poweewee.

I regretfully have to withdraw from this tourny. I haven't had time lately and it's not going to get any better in the near future. I would just end up delaying the tournament too far. It's likely best to forfeit even my wins in the interest if fairness.

Many apologies!

OhOh…..that`s really a pity and a loss for the tournament…..are you really sure about this step, trumpet? We lost the first great player with Cor in the early days of this tourney and now the second….? Sad
Second that - please don't go - would be a big loss.

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - [PETA] Doodat - 11-27-2013 08:09 AM

(11-27-2013 06:23 AM)° Mag!cGuy ° Wrote:  Agreed, sad to hear trumpet. Sad

I'm fearing there won't be any season 3 coming after this one ends, because this season is taking waaaaay more time than season 1 and activity squarely fell down again; maybe there will be one after a new update/outwitters 2 or simply if players come back.

Also, as torbreck justly suggested me, I will add a new rule to prevent this tourney from taking too much time:

Any match not started in 3 days will count as a loss for the player supposed to start it.

It is extremely fair since this tournament started almost a month and a half ago.

Brackets updated!

So the winner of the Soon to be Elite tourney won't be in season3 if there isn't one?

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Torbreck - 11-27-2013 08:11 AM

I would like to think their will be , may be some new faces while some take a break but no reason to stop !

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Mag!cGuy - 11-27-2013 08:15 AM

Well, surely I can't decide now, and it would be very sad to stop such a fun project (at least it is to me). So... we will see! I'll try to be more optimistic. And I did promise a room for the winner of the soon to be elite tourney, so.. Tongue

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - [PETA] Cor13:4 - 11-27-2013 08:18 AM

Even if some of the older players will be taking breaks, there are plenty of new faces to the top 20, so you can definitely keep going.

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - His_Daddy - 11-27-2013 08:28 AM

3 days....seems there is no time left for me to practice
i tried to make my alter account into top 20 with the other races, but really difficult especially with veggie.
Sadly Alan is leaving, but as Cor13:4 said it would be encouraging to let more new faces take part in.

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - Thrutchy - 11-27-2013 08:37 AM

I'll start my remaining P1 games tonight. I think I have 2-3 more.

It is frustrating to have players drop out of the tournament after achieving some wins against them, since those wins become null. I hope you don't drop out, Alan.

RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - GreatGonzales - 11-28-2013 01:19 AM

(11-27-2013 06:23 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Agreed, sad to hear trumpet. Sad

Brackets updated!

Glad I came to visit this thread and saw this notice! Will start my remaining matches. Might I recommend that you send a PM to anyone who hasn't stated as much? A nice courtesy for such an important tournament, would be a shame to DQ people for being ignorant of this new rule.