One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Let's have some fun! Tournament - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Let's have some fun! Tournament (/showthread.php?tid=2595)

RE: Let's have some fun! Tournament [Sign-ups now closed!] - Yukfuj5 - 11-30-2013 04:00 AM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAiP_ErQsM

Division C, Round 1, against alanhk13

RE: Let's have some fun! Tournament [Sign-ups now closed!] - Flarp55 - 11-30-2013 04:21 AM

(11-29-2013 12:10 PM)NDRDOG Wrote:  
(11-29-2013 09:27 AM)Twinkleigh Wrote:  
(11-28-2013 10:19 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  
(11-28-2013 08:10 AM)NDRDOG Wrote:  
(11-27-2013 12:59 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  oops...
yeah nvm

Just so everyone has a fundamental understanding of things, I began using my medic on turn #1 as it was not strictly prohibited in the rules as rewritten by Twinkleigh in his own words when he started the match. Personally I felt a restart was much more appropriate and I did post the question on the forum, but I recieved no response and believed a forfeit was the honorable thing to do. Twinkleigh did continue to take his turns after pointing out that I had boosted and taking me up on my offer to forfeit, which, honestly, I thought was very odd and somewhat unsportsmanlike.

Oh just realized this but since the rule infractions occurred on turns 2 and 4 and twinkleigh didn't have an advantage at that point, I am going to require a restart here.

(11-22-2013 09:24 AM)~ pidge ~ Wrote:  I'm not sure who wins this one, because it looks like we both messed up on spawning order for the Shark Frenzy round.
Division B.

Can't remember if this was a redo, either, haha.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAkO3QrgsM

yeah, just restart it.

Here is my side of the story. If Bob still wants me to restart, I will.

This is how I worded the rules: "Two units only. All others are void. I choose soldier and runner."

NDRDOG responded with: "I choose the same."

A few turns later, i realized that something was off. His heavy was a few spaces too far, and the soldiers had some extra health. It was about turn 4.

I talked to my dad, galakz, and asked him how I should handle it. He told me to stop moving and remind NDRDOG that the rules limit only two units. So, I did and then finished my turn. On the next turn, NDRDOG forfeit.

After watching the replay, I saw that he started to use stuff on his first turn.

I don't think I should have to restart, but I will leave it up to Bob now that I've told my side.

Twinkleigh

I couldn't care less but this is not a fair representation of the facts. Personally, I don't want a restart and Twinkleigh can have the win. Maybe his father can take the time to teach him some sportsmanship.

I will repeat this. Obviously NDRDOG misinterpreted the rules, and this was again obviously an accident. It wouldn't be fair to give twinkleigh the game because NDRDOG accidentally misinterpreted the rules. Since twinkleigh didn't have an advantage at all, a restart is required. If you want to argue about this, please PM me.

RE: Let's have some fun! Tournament [Sign-ups now closed!] - rackelj - 11-30-2013 05:00 AM

Round 9

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAsPyH0wkM

RE: Let's have some fun! Tournament [Sign-ups now closed!] - lawtai - 11-30-2013 05:44 AM

Round 7 He forfeit due to taking too long for a turn.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAsOyXnwgM

(11-30-2013 05:00 AM)rackelj Wrote:  Round 9

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAsPyH0wkM

Not that you shouldn't get this win since I screwed up first in the game, but I saw that you had 3 turns in a row (Turn 6, 8, 10) of no heavy instead of I thought just 2 turns of no heavy? I screwed up on turn 7.

RE: Let's have some fun! Tournament [Sign-ups now closed!] - Flarp55 - 11-30-2013 07:22 AM

(11-30-2013 05:00 AM)rackelj Wrote:  Round 9

I think you should just restart the game...

RE: Let's have some fun! Tournament [Sign-ups now closed!] - lawtai - 11-30-2013 07:29 AM

It's ok after my screw up she agreed to keep playing. She can have the win.

RE: Let's have some fun! Tournament [Sign-ups now closed!] - NDRDOG - 11-30-2013 08:32 AM

(11-29-2013 03:07 PM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  I don't understand. If he wishes to end the game, it doesn't matter how he does it. It doesn't matter whether or not twinkleigh moves during the turn he informs you about the problem. It just matters that he informs you. He does not have to tell you he's going to take the win if he posts it on here. That's assumed. The fundamental problem is that you still didn't access the rules the second you saw his message about the game type. Even if he didn't say the round number, you should know which round you're playing. If you don't, either find out by making your own spreadsheet to keep track of your matches or ask him and ask for a restart. These are both respectable options.

What matters to me is how this all occurred, in real time, and your not even close. I'm not going to argue about it with you, as I am a only a gifted player and going up against the league of the masters is futile. You are making assumptions of the chain of events to which you had no first hand knowledge. Sometimes it's better to keep your two cents and let the guy with the dime speak.

RE: Let's have some fun! Tournament [Sign-ups now closed!] - Mag!cGuy - 11-30-2013 08:46 AM

Bbobb asked you guys to restart the game, why not just doing it instead of trash talking each other even though the problem is already solved? Shy

RE: Let's have some fun! Tournament [Sign-ups now closed!] - rackelj - 11-30-2013 09:30 AM

(11-30-2013 07:29 AM)lawtai Wrote:  It's ok after my screw up she agreed to keep playing. She can have the win.

Ahh! Oops!! I must've thought I hadn't skipped yet Smile I don't mind a replay I was feeling pretty awesome for a win against Iawtai!! He's sooooo good! Smile go figure I goofed up too!!

RE: Let's have some fun! Tournament [Sign-ups now closed!] - Flarp55 - 11-30-2013 09:44 AM

wait....
you beat lawtai?!?!?!
*gasp*
that will be lawtai's first loss for the whole tourney.
And probably his/her only loss.
congrats rackel j!